Hey friends,
    I just wanted to sum up some tricks to improve your battery life.
    You might know some of them or some might be new for you.
    I write down things I collected or found out myself, so here we go:

1.) Charging the right way: Never put you device on the charger for under 15min. That could kill your battery faster. Try to recharge it up to the max.

2.) Networks: Just activate networks you REALLY use. Turn off connections you don't use (like: Bluetooth, WiFi, NFC, GPS etc.)

3.)Use WiFi: If WiFi is available for your device use it! The data connection via WiFi doesn't need that much power as the one from your mobile carrier. That can save you a lot of battery life (& data traffic)! (Just be careful when you use public WiFi stations)

4.)Network smart: If you don't surf the internet or you don't want to download bigger files - switch to 2G only. That's mostly enough speed for e-mails and social networks. Your device won't search for other data network, which is also great for areas with a poor reception. Running 2G only will save you a lot of battery life!

5.)Display: Reduce your screen brightness and set your "Display-Time-Out" to 20sec. or less. The Z10 uses a LCD-technology with means your display is backlight illuminated, the brighter your display is - the more power it uses.

6.)Good Vibes: If you don't really need your phone vibrating while ringing, just make it "ring only". Every vibration uses power and if you get lots of messages or calls, that will sum up to a bigger battery factor.

7.)Camera light: Your camera flash needs a lot of battery power. Find out (manually) if you really need a flash or if you don't. Especially while taking videos, the light will be on all the time.

8.)Holster: If you are fan of Blackberry Holsters (mostly the original ones), you can save battery life with it (and protect your Z10). There are magnets with in the holster, which "tell" your device that it's in the holster and the display will shut down immediately. That's good for everyone who is to lazy to press the button at the top.

9.)Synching: Keep an eye how often your device synchronizes accounts or apps. If you have some less important accounts set up synching intervals.

10.)Close apps: If you stop using apps, just close them right away. Running in the background can drain your battery faster.

11.)Airplane mode: Is a great way to save a lot of battery life! If you don't expect important calls or messages over night - set your phone in airplane mode! That will cut of all your data connections and your Z10 will only use a minimum of standby power. That's also great if you are longer in buildings or areas with no reception or if you don't use your phone for a longer time (like at the gym or somewhere else).

12.)Use a SD card: reading/writing data on a SD card won't take so much power as using the internal memory of the Z10.

13.)Use the Hub or Toast notifications: Depends what apps you are using, you can save power if you text from your Hub instead of "opening/closing" apps all the time.

14.)Volume: Reduce your volume to as silent as you can, but as loud as you need it to be. That includes besides ringtones the media you use. Every volume up need a bit more power.

15.)Surf "the right way": If you don't need the flash player - just turn it off. Besides making browsing even a bit faster it also saves battery power and data traffic. Also try to use the "reader mode" when you read articles, that will help saving battery too!

16.)Update your software: Having a updated OS will help you to use your device most efficient.

So, that are some tricks to save battery life!

Hope this helps some of you!

Greets,

Slash
    11-18-13 12:16 PM

12.)Use a SD card: reading/writing data on a SD card won't take so much power as using the internal memory of the Z10.
    Was not aware of that one...

Thanks
    Slash82 likes this.
    11-18-13 02:10 PM
    I don't know how much of this is true...
    I know most active frames barely use any noticeable battery so I keep that open.

But most of them are obvious such as radios and such.
    11-18-13 02:50 PM
    Active frames itself won't use a lot of battery, it depends on the app you use.

If you have opened an that keeps updating data frequently, it's a deal having it open. Like weather apps or some messengers.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 02:37 AM