Alright, last night I dropped my phone and scraped the top corners. Everything is fine, but I hate having damage on my phone. Anyways 2 questions...

1. Possible to fix the damage on the wraparound page?
    2. Best Z10 hard case that allows full functionality?

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 11:33 AM
    2 - get an Otterbox or a Transform case.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    04-11-13 05:13 PM
    Or the Ballistics SG case. Not bulky like the otterbox and doesn't impede functionality like the otterbox does but at the same time offers full protection for the device

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 05:56 PM
    I love the Ballistics cases. I have three playbooks, one for me and 2 for the kids. The kids have dropped their playbooks down stairs and onto concrete. I just watch it bounce around then pick it up and hand it back to them.
    Based on that I picked up a ballistics case for my Z10.

I chose the ballistic over the otterbox because the silicone cover sits under the plastic. Basically you put on a silicone sleeve and then the plastic clips over it. I know my kids would peel the silicone cover off an otterbox in moments and leave no impact protection. I also prefer a separate screen protector, especially for the kids. Lets me choose the type of screen protector and replace it easily as needed.

Am happy with both versions I have of it. Although the Playbook case did come with a clip on hard plastic screen protector that moves to the rear of the unit and acts as a stand, the phone version does not.
    04-11-13 06:42 PM
    I have the Case-Mate Tough Case. It's a two-part case consisting of a rubber bumper and hard plastic backing. It's fantastic! The back looks and feels just like the Z10's battery door. It allows access to all ports and even covers the volume control buttons. I highly recommend it!

Posted via CB10
    jennyt88 likes this.
    04-11-13 06:47 PM
    I'm a big fan of the Poetic cases. They look great and very affordable.

Posted via CB10
    ndorazio likes this.
    04-11-13 07:10 PM
    Casemate brushed aluminum is nice. I have dropped it on my hardwood floor watched it shoot across like a hockey puck picked it up and all was fine

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 07:14 PM
    I agree with Navi...the transform case is great!!
    04-11-13 07:17 PM
    Thanks fellow CrackBerry peeps! I think I will get the ballistic. I'll get pics of the damage to see if it can be fixed.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 07:21 PM
    The Otterbox is too thick in the margins and impedes gesturing from the bottom or sides. Its also pretty tight on the sides to access the P,L,backspace etc. I like the heft and feel of it so I filed off the frame till it was useable. I got that idea from some else on these forums, now its working I don't even think about it. If you have tiny pointy fingers, it might not be a problem, but otherwise try the others.
    04-11-13 07:22 PM
    Transform Shell also comes with a decent screen protector, if you like using those.
    It's an excellent case.

Posted using CB10 via BB10 on a BB Z10
    04-11-13 07:22 PM
    I have the seidio surface and I love it. The only negative which I think is there with most cases is my premium headphones can't get through the narrow hole to get access to the jack.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 07:23 PM
    Hey all, I just bought my son a Z10 yesterday. (I'm waiting for the Q10!) I saw this thread but have some questions to throw into the mix. He wants impact protection but is mostly worried about water, like if he gets caught in the rain. He thinks the Otterbox Defender is very bulky, and I saw a bunch of reviews on Amazon from folks saying the bezel makes swiping difficult.
    I also saw the i-Blason Armadillo Series For Blackberry Z10 Blackberry 10 Two Layer Armored Hybrid Cover Case with Inner Soft Shell and the Ballistic SG1097-M185 SG Case for BlackBerry Z10 on Amazon. Neither said if they protected as well against splashes, etc.

Have any people here tried these, or any other case that might protect his new phone? We have a small window to choose, as I have to take the unit back to be replaced... (speaker won't play!)

Thanks!
    05-11-13 10:37 PM
    I have the trident Kraken case, it's a little bulky but I still have full screen functions. Meets military standards according to their website. I took it canoeing and it got splashed on but didn't have any problems. Plus I dropped it a couple of times and still like new.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 10:44 PM
    I have this one. It came in a two pack for about $20. Nothing fancy but it will protect the edges in a fall.
    Best Z10 Case-img_00000190.jpg

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 10:58 PM
    So I've had the Case mate Redwood and absolutely love it! Well worth the $50! I got it on sale at Amazon.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 11:29 PM
    Im using the transformer case pretty cool i must say, it doesnt offer full protection but it doesnt add any bulk, looks great, its cheap, and protects the phone for the most part

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 11:42 PM
    I have the trident Kraken case, it's a little bulky but I still have full screen functions. Meets military standards according to their website. I took it canoeing and it got splashed on but didn't have any problems. Plus I dropped it a couple of times and still like new.

Posted via CB10
    Jaime, thanks for a quick response. Where'd you get the Trident, & is it expensive?
    Thx!
    05-11-13 11:42 PM
    I found mine on eBay, made an offer of $34 and won. They sell them here in the crackberry store or Trident website for $47 I believe. I think it's worth the money for full protection.
    05-12-13 07:20 AM
    Im using the transformer case pretty cool i must say, it doesnt offer full protection but it doesnt add any bulk, looks great, its cheap, and protects the phone for the most part

Posted via CB10
    yup. Just enough protection around the corners, to help in a fall, but without adding any extra width to the device. Also adds some functionality. Very happy with the Transformer
    05-12-13 08:28 AM
    I use the incipio dual pro. Awesome protection and looks good.

For the rain thing.. a plastic bag, maybe?
    05-12-13 08:33 AM
    I'm using a transform case too. It doesn't add much bulk to the phone and gives it quite a good grip too. It'll definitely be able to protect the edges in a fall and it can act as a stand too!! You can see the review on this site

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 08:40 AM
    Me too using transform case. Very simple yet protecting the phone. Another plus is that it doesn't hide Z10 beauty....
    05-12-13 09:10 AM
    I'm using the BB Transform Shell case (black one on my black Z10). Very satisfied with it. Solid piece, kind of soft plastic feel, easy to put on, and take off - nice BlackBerry branding on the back. Want to get one in red as well.
    05-12-13 10:49 AM

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for sharing, Jamie. I have the Otterbox Defender for my Z10 but never use it because of how poorly it's designed (swipe gestures take a bit more effort, the built in screen protector is not flush to the Z10 screen so there are tons of air pockets, the cutout for the ear speaker and camera on the built in screen protector is an open invitation to dust, the holster is not secure... I could go on) am looking for an alternate for when I go on vacation and don't want sand or water getting into it. I've been looking at the Kraken case and was hoping someone from the CB community had it. If you could indulge me with some answers based on your experience, that would be great in helping me decide on whether or not I should purchase it.

1. How are you finding the swipe gestures? It doesn't look like there's much room left on the bezel with the case on.
    2. Does the built in screen protector sit flush with the Z10 screen so that there are no air pockets?
    3. How responsive is the screen through the built in screen protector? Do you have press firmly for the buttons to trigger? What's typing like?
    4. The screen protector looks like it's covering the ear piece, what's the sound quality like on calls?
    5. Can you feel the phone vibrate when the case is on?
    6. How's the build quality? Is it solid or does it feel like cheap plastic? I've never heard of Trident so am unfamiliar with their line of products.
    7. How secure does the device sit in the holster?
    8. And finally, exactly how much additional bulk and weight does it add to your Z10? In the stock photos, the phone looks HUGE in the Kraken (gotta love that name!!!)

Thanks helping a fellow Crackhead out with some feedback!
    05-12-13 10:59 PM
65 123