Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Best way to transfer contact,bbm,etc from 9900 to Z10?

Hi all,

Anyone knows the best/fastest way to transfer all the data from 9900 to z10?
    Should I just back up everything to my microsd and stick it in to z10?
    Thank you
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

I used Bluetooth with my 9900 and Z10. It worked great and took about 5 minutes.
    CrackBerry Genius

Kimberly is right about using bluetooth to transfer contacts. Quite slick.

Regarding your bbm contacts, those will be transferred from your old phone to your new phone automatically when you set up your BBID on the Z10. After a few minutes, the bbm contacts will be sent to your new phone from the BB cloud.

Calendar? Now that's another issue. To do that, you need to set up either a gmail account or an outlook.com account on your old phone. Then, when you set up that gmail or outlook email account on your Z10, all those calendar entries will come with it.

Everything else (bookmarks, saved wifi, etc.) can be easily transferred using BlackBerry Link. BB Link can be used to transfer any pics, songs or videos on your old phone but why not just move your memory card from the old phone to the Z10. And voilą, you're done.
    Patrick from Calgary
    ------------------------------
    Z10 STL100-3, OS version 10.2.1.2941
    PB 64 GB, OS version 2.1.0.1917
    Thanked by:
    eBud (02-08-2013) 
  4. tfp
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,725 Global Posts

What they ^ said lol
    Don't take Life so seriously, you'll never get out alive
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    355 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickMJS View Post

Regarding your bbm contacts, those will be transferred from your old phone to your new phone automatically when you set up your BBID on the Z10. After a few minutes, the bbm contacts will be sent to your new phone from the BB cloud.

Calendar? Now that's another issue. To do that, you need to set up either a gmail account or an outlook.com account on your old phone. Then, when you set up that gmail or outlook email account on your Z10, all those calendar entries will come with it.

Everything else can be easily transferred using BlackBerry Link. Lastly, just move your memory card from the old phone to the Z10. And voilą, you're done.
    ------------------------
    When will we return to MS Office for contacts, calendar, tasks & email? I work for a very large health care corporation and they're just NOT gonna switch to GMail or Outlook. I want the business side of BBz10 to perform at least as well as my wheezing 8900...! It's a step backwards if I can't sync up with my desk top at work.
    RT(N), CNMT
    Z10
    CrackBerry User

I used the MicroSD device transfer from my 9900 to my Z10 and it worked pretty darn good. Just had to do a little clean up housekeeping afterwards as it transfers some extra files that you don't need
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickMJS View Post

Everything else (bookmarks, saved wifi, etc.) can be easily transferred using BlackBerry Link. BB Link can be used to transfer any pics, songs or videos on your old phone but why not just move your memory card from the old phone to the Z10. And voilą, you're done.

Thanks all. What can you trf from bluetooth? contact will probably would work best but i backup everything to my microsd and move it to z10, it should backup almost everything right? Just checking, does z10 use the same size sd card?

Regarding bbm, I use bbm 7 with bbid so it would work just fine.

I hope restoring all the data from the microsd wont do any harm to the z10 (ie. compabilty issue)
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,540 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eBud View Post
    ------------------------
    When will we return to MS Office for contacts, calendar, tasks & email? I work for a very large health care corporation and they're just NOT gonna switch to GMail or Outlook. I want the business side of BBz10 to perform at least as well as my wheezing 8900...! It's a step backwards if I can't sync up with my desk top at work.
    I sync outlook with outlook.com and then the Playbook with outlook.com. Gives you the choice to sync contacts, mail and/or calendar. Seems to work well, all updates are automatic. I am expecting it to work the same way with Z10.
    Thanked by:
    eBud (02-08-2013) 
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    2B631BE4

can Emails and SMSs be transferred thru switch device option on micro sd card. Can Emails and SMSs transfer be possible thru BB Link?
    Prithvi (pin:2b656c63)Z30/10.2.2.1531)
  10. vx1
    CrackBerry Master

connect both devices to a computer and use blackberry link software Download it Here
    "All your BB Q10 Are Belong to Us#@!"

Wix1.com - News n' Reviews

Follow me on Twitter:
    @vx1
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

Default Best way to transfer contact,bbm,etc from 9900 to Z10?

Unfortunately my charging slot had been damaged. I have been using charging pod all this time
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Default IntouchApp

Checkout IntouchApp if you want to view the same contacts no matter what device you use. To transfer from any device to the Z10, just install IntouchApp on both devices and login using the same account - done! Available in App World / App Store / Google Play store.
    CrackBerry Addict

I'm not sure what magic you people are using. I just now activated my Z10 on Verizon, got tired of waiting for the 10.0.10 update.
    I used the media card switch AND BlackBerry link device switch. Neither brought over my BBM Chats in progress or the history as far as I can find. My BBM contacts did come over, but not the chats themselves. I had BBM Set to Save my Chats to the MicroSD card on my Bold 9930.

Am I missing a step?
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Experience with Windows, Mac OS, IOS, Palm OS, Android, BlackBerry OS, QNX, Windows Mobile and a variety of other devices.
    * Long time reseller of MDaemon® Messaging Server, BlackBerry® Edition
    Over 25 years of technology experience.
    Background in Avionics, self-taught on computers since the days of MS-DOS 2.0.
    CrackBerry Genius

I also used blue tooth for contacts transfer. Quick and easy.

Posted via CB10
    Sent from my Z30
    CrackBerry Newbie

pls can you upload a video of how this is done or detailed description

thanks
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Adeyemi Adebakin View Post
    pls can you upload a video of how this is done or detailed description

thanks
    Since the comments above were written, there have been some improvements. If you have OS 10.1 & BlackBerry Link v.1.1, you can either:

1. use the contact and calendar sync with MS Outlook on your desktop or laptop. Sync the Bold to MS Outlook using BlackBerry Desktop Software. Then sync the Z10 to Outlook using BlackBerry Link.

Or

2. Use the BlackBerry Link device switch feature.

Posted via CB10
    Patrick from Calgary
    ------------------------------
    Z10 STL100-3, OS version 10.2.1.2941
    PB 64 GB, OS version 2.1.0.1917
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    169 Global Posts

Like Kimberly used Bluetooth to transfer my entire phone book in under three minutes. Simple, quick and didn't have to hook up to my PC.

Posted via CB10 on my LE
    Thanked by:
    PatrickMJS (07-01-2013)