As a person who always likes to have a secondary browser on my phone, I really miss Opera Mobile and opera mini. Had a good Opera link page with synched bookmarks, and overall as a secondary browser to keep all my logins and passwords separate from the native browser. Not to mention separate bookmarks because it does become cluttered.

For some reason, they are not making an app for the z10. Probably because the native Browser is so damn good.

But I find myself struggling to use any of the other browsers and I have downloaded almost all of them and tried them for a few days.
    Naija browser: 2.5 out of 5 for me. I hate how if you download anything, it sends a notification to the hub. Does not work flash and I find it a bit clunky of a layout.
    UC browser: 0 out of 5. Did not even work. I hate how if you delete the file, it deletes your review, but it had around 40 bad reviews of people saying it does not work and other problems, such as trying to access certain files.
    Personal Browser: 3.5 out of 5. I actually liked the layout and password protect. No flash, but it loads pages fast. the big killer. only can save 20 bookmarks. It asks you to delete after 20.
    Espier browser: 1 out of 5. just not good.
    Boat Browser: 2 out of 5. Again, not what I am looking for. hard to navigate
    Fox browser: might be okay if it came in English. As it was, could not navigate
    Web Viewer: did not work
    Chameleon browser: 2 out of 5: had a very hard time figuring it out. looks like it may be good if they work on it
    Just downloaded and am going to try Namoweb now.

Edit Seems to be an alpha version of Namoweb. looks like it may hold promise. Currently no bookmarks ability and the settings tab does not work

Anyone else have any thoughts? Anyone else truly miss the Opera mini/Mobile browser?
    CaptrfsBB likes this.
    03-30-13 02:06 PM
    All the third party browsers,except for the Android ports, are just using the native browser code with a custom front end. Some will allow you to change user agents and other settings that are not in the stock browser. On the Playbook, Simple Browser was a good alternative because it offered ad blocking. There was also secure Browser. It was very good too. I don't have a Z10 in front of me to see which are available, but I think Secure Browser was released for OS10.

Having a second browser can come in handy when streaming live video. You can start the live stream on one browser and surf on the other browser without the risk of loosing the live stream.
    03-30-13 02:16 PM
    All the third party browsers,except for the Android ports, are just using the native browser code with a custom front end. Some will allow you to change user agents and other settings that are not in the stock browser. On the Playbook, Simple Browser was a good alternative because it offered ad blocking. There was also secure Browser. It was very good too. I don't have a Z10 in front of me to see which are available, but I think Secure Browser was released for OS10.

Having a second browser can come in handy when streaming live video. You can start the live stream on one browser and surf on the other browser without the risk of loosing the live stream.
    Ill give secure browser a try. Was hesitant to try any app with only 3 reviews and 3 stars. Seems to have some problems on the z10
    03-30-13 02:23 PM
    I gotta say, I am pretty impressed with Secure browser. it has a few wrinkles, but I give it 4 out of 5.
    Not only that, but I emailed a few wishes for the next update and questions to the developer, and the emails were answered within minutes of sending.
    3_M4N likes this.
    03-30-13 08:48 PM
    wow. didn't even know that there were third party alternatives on BB10. here's hoping that some more exciting options like firefox or chrome come to BB10. sadly i don't think there's much chance of either happening, since firefox are no doubt busy readying firefox os etc, and chrome don't have an incentive to build for BB10, although that could change...
    03-30-13 08:52 PM
    wow. didn't even know that there were third party alternatives on BB10. here's hoping that some more exciting options like firefox or chrome come to BB10. sadly i don't think there's much chance of either happening, since firefox are no doubt busy readying firefox os etc, and chrome don't have an incentive to build for BB10, although that could change...
    Opera is the one I wished came back.
    But honestly, the native browser is much better anyways.

I like having a secondary browser for other things. Secure browser can be password protected, which is kind of neat. It allows me to sync bookmarks from desktop no matter which browser. Lots of fun pluses.
    03-30-13 09:05 PM
    Does no one use Chrome?
    03-30-13 09:08 PM
    does a chrome android port work on your z10?? i thought chrome for android was 4.0+ and as far as i know BB10 is running a gingerbread runtime or something...
    03-30-13 09:13 PM
    I find the default browser works very very well. I'm impressed beyond words in fact.
    03-30-13 09:13 PM
    I never used a secondary browser before, but after reading this thread, I might give it a try. Glad to see secure browser seemed to get a good review and has good developer support. I'll try that one first.
    03-30-13 09:14 PM
    yeah, i agree. the stock browser is definitely very good at dealing with hardcore browsing tasks. probably better than any other stock browser out there at the moment. but where it lags behind right now is in the bells and whistles department. i'd like to see a mobile browsers go more in the direction of dolphin on android - i don't think they implemented it very well, but the add-on craze that started with firefox on desktop a few years ago has to hit mobile. top of my list is desktop-level ad blocking. adblock on firefox desktop has been so good over the past few years that i sometimes am surprised at how different (worse) the web looks when i visit sites on someone else's computer...
    shampisang likes this.
    03-30-13 09:20 PM
    Just checked on my wife's Z10 and Secure Browser is the only one I recognize from the PlayBook. The Simple Browser on the Z10 is not the same app developer as simple browser on the PlayBook.
    03-30-13 09:31 PM
    If I could get Dolphin my life would be complete. It has such amazing add on integration.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 01:22 AM
    Hi BB addicts,
    Me, too Love my Z10, but ran into a challenge.. with it's Browser.. and spent some time on BB tech, about it, to find it will not operate ( .jnlp files) as I have an important program that need to load with the (.jnlp) file. BB said at present the native browser will not support the Java JNLP file.. any ideas.. I was thinking of trying a second browser on the Z10.. as the jnlp file worked fine on my 9810 BB.. the BB tech told me that is because the 9810 uses a Mobile browser...
    In advance, Thanks for any Light on this issue..
    Enjoy
    Ric
    04-05-13 11:05 PM
    Hi Addicts,
    Loving the Z, want to update the latest find on an issue I wrote about earlier with Java , the native Z10 browser and what I just found.. after much research, 2 calls confirmed with BB. As well I will be calling em back tomorrow so that I can share what I discovered. There have been a few other Addicts with the same issue I was having... a refresher.. I have a company in France that I'm subscribed to, that provides me real time data. Their platform is a charting analysis platform using Java, and JNLP files when using a Desktop similar hardware with either a Mac or Windows machine.
    However they also have a mobile capable part that is offered. In past with previous BB phones, which I have been using in the past 20 years, OS 7 and down had no issues when using the phone and the mobile platform. Then I get my new Z10 and a few other my business associates as well, none of us could access the mobile Side. Contacted the company in France, there tech's are telling me to enable Cookies and Clear Cache.. well that made no difference. . Blackberry techs, said turn on the developer side on the Z10 and enable the Desktop, etc. That did nothing either.. at the end of both calls to BB. Techs, said "at this time the Z10 Browser does not support that company's Mobile Web site" I thought that is interesting, yet I was not having issues with mobile web sites.. Upon further work, I came across someone who mentions the Playbook OS 10 and Z10 OS and the NAIJA Browser.
    Went to Blackberry World, Downloaded it on the Z10 and WOW! I now am able to access the Mobile Web site of the company in France.
    All this said to say the I have the Best of Both Worlds with two Browsers.. the Z10 native which is great and the Naija Browser to do what I was not able to do with native Z10..
    Enjoy
    Ric
    ps.. for those of you having similar issues for a particular site you might try the Naija Browser offered Free on Blackberry World
    04-08-13 04:42 PM