In my honest opinion this is by far the best touch screen keyboard available on any mobile device.
    The galaxy s3 keyboard is so bad that you have to go and buy a keyboard to use, and while you can purchase swift key which is a major improvement over the native keyboard you shouldn't have to buy a virtual keyboard.
    Have you tried Swype? I'm using the beta on Android and it works perfectly for my phone's screen size (3.3" vs. the Z10's 4.2"). I used it years ago on my Dell Axim Windows Mobile device as well, and it worked perfectly then, too. Good for if you have a small screen and don't want to use a stylus. It's smart enough to know what word you wanted to use, and it learns as it goes and can add to its dictionary. You're not so much typing as you are 'joining letters together with your finger'.

Something like Swype combined with Z10's keyboard would be absolute perfection I think!
    04-15-13 08:05 PM
    Android keyboards are a disaster

Posted via CB10

Not all.. I hate touch-typing on a screen so for me, Swype works best and is very fast. It's new to Android though so most people haven't used it. It's been around on other platforms for a while though.
    04-15-13 08:09 PM
    The flicking motion of the keyboard was made for one handed texting.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 08:12 PM
    Not all.. I hate touch-typing on a screen so for me, Swype works best and is very fast. It's new to Android though so most people haven't used it. It's been around on other platforms for a while though.
    I used it and bought from the Google play store when I had my s3. It was better than the on board keyboard that came on the a3. But it was still very leggy. It doesn't even come close to the Z10 keyboard. And I can say that after using the s3 for the year. If you don't believe me I have screen shots when the keyboard would send me messages saying I swiped a million letters. It was sort of an achievement. Lol

Nothing beats the z10 keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 09:50 PM
    I have used an BlackBerry Storm 9530, HTC Desire, iPod Touch, BlackBerry PlayBook and now the BlackBerry Z10. The Z10 is by far the best keyboard auto correct and predictive typing out of these devices I've used. The PlayBook is second best. I really hate the Keyboard and auto correct on the HTC Desire! I find the auto correct on the Desire to be more of a hindrance that a help.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 10:09 PM
    Most definitely! Typing mistakes are a thing of the past and autocorrect doesn't even need to exist. The UI is incredibly fast and accurate and switching between character panels is super easy. My texts have become so much faster and I have friends on other phone systems asking, "How did you type that so fast?".
    Point - BlackBerry
    04-15-13 10:21 PM
    I have to agree. What's fantastic is now I am anticipating the correct words appearing, so I don't even have to pause to make sure it is the right word.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 10:44 PM
    I just love this keyboard

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 11:17 PM
    yep..the best way to type on Z10 is just trust it and proceed with your typing, you don't need to go back and forth or flick words..just type and trust it
    04-15-13 11:29 PM
    I went to the Verizon store with a buddy of mine to activate his iPhone. I also have an iPhone but while we were waiting I picked up the Z10 because I was curious about it. I did check out the keyboard and I have to say that I really liked it. I thought it was really responsive and accurate. I really can't say if it is better than the keyboard on my iPhone because of course I'm used to my iPhone keyboard. But it was definitely better than any other device that I have used. And it looked great too. I didn't try the swipe up feature. I probably wouldn't use it anyway. Overall I liked the phone. The features were interesting. I didn't like the icons. That was about the only thing that I didn't like. BlackBerry produced a solid phone. Congrats to them.
    What swipe feature??? Oh you mean flick? don't get it twisted!

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 11:42 PM
    I used it and bought from the Google play store when I had my s3. It was better than the on board keyboard that came on the a3. But it was still very leggy. It doesn't even come close to the Z10 keyboard. And I can say that after using the s3 for the year. If you don't believe me I have screen shots when the keyboard would send me messages saying I swiped a million letters. It was sort of an achievement. Lol

Nothing beats the z10 keyboard.

Posted via CB10

I can only vouch for how well it works on smaller screens, especially in portrait mode, where touch-typing is infeasible because your finger is literally bigger than one key.. at any given time you could hit the key you want or you might end up accidentally hitting each key on either side of the key you want, lol. In that scenario, Swype is awesome. On a 4.8" screen like on the GS3, I could see where alternatives might be better, but in my case I still Swype a lot faster on a touchscreen than type (except maybe on something like a 10" screen).

I'm not sure why it was laggy for you on the S3.. I'm using an Xperia Ray and it gives me no trouble! Oh well, to each his/her own!

I'm not sure the Z10's keyboard would work so well on a 3.3" screen in portrait mode, which is what I currently use. Hopefully the Z10's keyboard will make its way to the Playbook when it gets the BB10 upgrade!
    04-16-13 12:39 AM
    I hate swipe because I have to always revert back to the list of words at the top. Also I android friend of mine told me the blackberry keyboard is similar to another keyboard you can buy from the android market. I think it's called smart keyboard with phrase predictions. Just curious how similar it is to that Android keyboard. Anyway, I love the Z10 keyboard the words are always there and no hang ups.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 07:20 AM
    I can only vouch for how well it works on smaller screens, especially in portrait mode, where touch-typing is infeasible because your finger is literally bigger than one key.. at any given time you could hit the key you want or you might end up accidentally hitting each key on either side of the key you want, lol. In that scenario, Swype is awesome. On a 4.8" screen like on the GS3, I could see where alternatives might be better, but in my case I still Swype a lot faster on a touchscreen than type (except maybe on something like a 10" screen).

I'm not sure why it was laggy for you on the S3.. I'm using an Xperia Ray and it gives me no trouble! Oh well, to each his/her own!

I'm not sure the Z10's keyboard would work so well on a 3.3" screen in portrait mode, which is what I currently use. Hopefully the Z10's keyboard will make its way to the Playbook when it gets the BB10 upgrade!
    I agree... I think the BB10 keyboard is one of the best "peck" keyboard I've used, but I prefer Swype overall. Maybe it's longevity of use, but I can type one handed fairly ambidextrously with Swype, and an easy faster.
    04-16-13 07:46 AM
38 12