I heard from a Best Buy representative this morning that pre-sales for the new BlackBerry Z10 starts this Friday. I don't have any other details yet as to whether this is just a pre-registration deal or actual pre-sales, whether they are carrier locked or unlocked, or prices. I'll update this thread if/when I get any more details.

EDIT: It is only pre-registration. Thought it too good to be true. No prices are known at this time, but phones expected early February.

EDIT: As Crackberry has reported, Best Buy and Future Shop are taking pre-orders as of today.
    Last edited by Jaralle; 01-11-13 at 12:34 PM.
    01-08-13 11:34 AM
    I will be keeping an eye on this one definitely
    01-08-13 11:37 AM
    Cool! I received a $50 gift card email reservation and it expires Dec 13, 2013 with regards to buying a new phone with a new 2 year commitment. (Originally I had reserved this for when BB10 was coming out this past December before they delayed it)
    BergerKing likes this.
    01-08-13 12:06 PM
    That is the spot to get a phone, will be keeping an ear and eye on this to see what I can do.
    BergerKing likes this.
    01-08-13 12:13 PM
    thanks for the heads up,
    01-08-13 12:53 PM
    Why would you purchase anything from "Best" Buy? They are nothing but rip-off artists who overcharge for everything.
    PJD642 likes this.
    01-08-13 07:40 PM
    Is this Best Buy Canada or US?
    01-08-13 07:46 PM
    Why would you purchase anything from "Best" Buy? They are nothing but rip-off artists who overcharge for everything.
    Pretty strong words. Any evidence to back it up?
    01-08-13 08:12 PM
    Well, I have my personal disdain for Best Buy, but that's besides the point. I have yet to go in one where the PlayBook display model actually worked. They refuse to charge them, so you can't actually use it. And when you ask about anything BlackBerry they start talking about how "BlackBerry is going out of business, you should buy an iPhone."

That being said, if I have to go there to get a Z10, I will.
    01-08-13 09:52 PM
    Wow, what a broad statement. I've purchased my last 4 phones at Best Buy and consistently gotten a better deal than any other retailer or online offer. There are some things at many places that are overpriced, but so far they've either beaten or matched everyone else I've looked at. But I'm sure someone that doesn't know their stuff can get taken, especially in tech.
    01-08-13 09:54 PM
    Well, I have my personal disdain for Best Buy, but that's besides the point. I have yet to go in one where the PlayBook display model actually worked. They refuse to charge them, so you can't actually use it. And when you ask about anything BlackBerry they start talking about how "BlackBerry is going out of business, you should buy an iPhone."

That being said, if I have to go there to get a Z10, I will.
    Funny, when I picked up my phone in November, the associate and I had a spirited discussion about the impending return of BlackBerry. We agreed that getting a 7 phone would be kinda silly at this point, but he was plainly excited about 10.
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    01-08-13 09:57 PM
    Plenty of personal experience. Not honoring warranties, refusing to accept a return (even with a receipt), bloatware on new computers purchased there. Try this site if you want more: Why Best Buy Sucks Or this one: ihatebestbuy.com - Powered by Doteasy.com
    01-09-13 08:58 AM
    I was warned a while back that there are some small differences in the contract when you buy from BestBuy as opposed to Verizon/Sprint/TMobile store. Maybe it was the contract exit fee. It is the reason the upfront price is cheaper. Modern capitalism sets plenty of traps for those who only look at price. Read the fine print I guess I am saying.
    brout likes this.
    01-09-13 11:11 AM
    Hmmm....interesting. I have always bought phones at my carrier retail store and wanted to go a different approach and try Best Buy. I might have to rethink my options now.
    01-09-13 12:08 PM
    Is this Best Buy Canada or US?
    It was Best Buy Canada. As for the comments about Best Buy, I personally have had good experiences buying from them. Other peoples' personal experiences at specific store locations, should not factor into anyone's decision whether to buy from a different location of that chain. Do your own research, and what does it matter about the sales people if you buy on-line.
    01-09-13 02:26 PM
    In my case it has been multiple stores. Columbia, MO, Jefferson City, MO, Canton, OH, and Owasso, OK. Yes, I get around. You never know where the phone bug or whatever will grab me. Sometimes I go in just to see what they have in the bargain section, especially when it comes to accessories. Bought a nice case/holster that retailed for $35 once, for $7. I'll take all that kind of action I can find.
    01-09-13 07:57 PM
    Hmmm....interesting. I have always bought phones at my carrier retail store and wanted to go a different approach and try Best Buy. I might have to rethink my options now.
    Watch their deals online at their site, they seem to really like dropping a special deal on some phones Mondays, and weekend deals also tend ro pop up regularly. Price Match! You see an advertised price, take it to them. When I got the Photon, it was $99.99, I price matched another retailer, got the phone for $49.99, then I had an upgrade credit that I'd secured on another offer they made, for $50, and ended up paying the whopping cost of $2.56 for the tax. I got the SIII for $48, $1.99 cheaper than the carrier store without the rebate hassle.
    David in Durham likes this.
    01-09-13 08:25 PM
    I often see bad comments about Best Buy but alas, I've never had a bad experience with them. If anything, all my experiences have been great. *shrug*
    (Speaking of Best Buy Canada, FTR)
    01-09-13 11:04 PM
    I often see bad comments about Best Buy but alas, I've never had a bad experience with them. If anything, all my experiences have been great. *shrug*
    (Speaking of Best Buy Canada, FTR)
    Same here.
    01-09-13 11:12 PM
    I've had issues with Best Buy as well. They are a pita when it comes to faulty products. Had some issues with a flat screen growing lines on the panel. Obviously it was faulty but they made me feel like I did something wrong and caused it. Lol no way I treat my tech better than I do myself.

In the long run they shipped it and had it fixed but I really had to fight for it. The product was 46 days old smh.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    01-09-13 11:26 PM
    And be very careful buying a phone from anyone other than your service provider. Got storm 2 from best buy when it came out.
    Issue issue issue. When I went back to best buy got such a run around from them from a 2 week old phone.
    Went to my service provider they said u didn't get from us so not much we can do. If I had of they would of swapped for a new one on the spot.
    ,finally got it fixed with best buy but 2 weeks of my life I will not get back.
    01-10-13 07:44 AM
    As long as you don't buy any accessories or cables(their markup is insane) from BestBuy, you should be ok. I have found their prices comparable to FutureShop and other big box stores. In Toronto anyway. When I bought my 9900, they all had the same price except for Rogers(I suspect they didn't want to sell a unit outright, but only on contract, I went to Bell, FutureShop, and BestBuy. Not much of a difference really.
    01-10-13 10:57 AM
    I hope to go and place my pre-order today, but if anyone has done it can you post the details on what it entails and if there is a cost.

EDIT: Just pre-ordered at Future Shop. $50 fully refundable deposit. Carrier locked. No word on release date, price, or for that matter, the phone model (just "BlackBerry 10").
    Last edited by Jaralle; 01-11-13 at 03:35 PM.
    01-11-13 12:36 PM
    I've never had a problem with buying something from Best Buy. I did have a pair sunglasses stolen from me at a Best Buy and no wanted to help me find who stole them from me. They were nice glasses.
    03-15-13 07:27 PM