I had a reply, but this is getting off topic and ********. Why don't you just find another thread, because you don't appear to be a Z10 owner..?

I never said that was the reason Bell held out, but pointing out that immediate release without full testing isn't always a positive. I do think that expecting them to remove parts of the OS because one person doesn't want them is selfish and petulant (FB and Linked In). Uninstall them again. Whoop de doo.

When jellybean was rolled out to the gs3 it was staggered over a couple of days so the update servers wouldn't fail. It may be available but you just aren't in the queue yet. If the servers couldn't handle the strain people would then whine about that. Can't win for losing.

The behavior of some in this thread was incredibly OTT over a software update for a cell phone. First world problems indeed. I'm sorry, it's really sad the way some have been carrying on. You'd think that the phones were useless bricks all this time.

Sent from my Galaxy S 3 via JB 4.2.2 - thanks Tasks AOKP!
    The_Adventist likes this.
    03-07-13 10:18 AM
    1) never, EVER, call me sweetheart again. Most women will tell you the same thing. Even my husband doesn't get to do that.

2) I sell Z10's for Bell. I don't own one because I don't want to at the moment but I handle them 7 days a week. While my frustration IN NO WAY REPRESENTS THE OPINION OF MY EMPLOYER(/required disclaimer) listening to people whine over a software update gets irritating. As far as I'm concerned as long as my phone isn't a brick I'm golden. I'm sorry BB didn't provide an adequate sized battery in your phone like Samsung did with the gs3 and didn't code the OS properly for battery from the get go so an update is required. As it stands I still carry a spare battery in my purse in case of a emergency (only ever had to use it once). I don't expect updates. And I certainly don't pepper my carrier with demands about any updates like some in this thread.

You would think Bell was kicking people's puppies, the way some have carried on.

Yeah, you're killing this thread...
    03-07-13 10:20 AM
    1) I didn't know that you were a woman, nor do I care. I call people sweetheart because I'm a sarcastic pr*ck.

2) Yawn. You are annoyed and now your contributions to this thread make perfect sense - down to the pathetic Android-favouring comments such as "ohhh well bewkie dewwww BlackBerry should have provided a bigger battery like Samsung yada yada". This update. The update we're talking about SPECIFICALLY in here (when we can actually remain on topic) addresses the battery. The battery life is reportedly better from MULTIPLE users. So pthhhhhhhhhh.

1) never, EVER, call me sweetheart again. Most women will tell you the same thing. Even my husband doesn't get to do that.

2) I sell Z10's for Bell. I don't own one because I don't want to at the moment but I handle them 7 days a week. While my frustration IN NO WAY REPRESENTS THE OPINION OF MY EMPLOYER(/required disclaimer) listening to people whine over a software update gets irritating. As far as I'm concerned as long as my phone isn't a brick I'm golden. I'm sorry BB didn't provide an adequate sized battery in your phone like Samsung did with the gs3 and didn't code the OS properly for battery from the get go so an update is required. As it stands I still carry a spare battery in my purse in case of a emergency (only ever had to use it once). I don't expect updates. And I certainly don't pepper my carrier with demands about any updates like some in this thread.

You would think Bell was kicking people's puppies, the way some have carried on.

03-07-13 10:22 AM
    If this thread bothers you so much, why do you waste the precious minutes of your life to read it? How will reading this thread help you in any way?

So, you couldn't wait for your update to come out for your GS3. You had to root it, then install another OS. Huh.
    No, I (and the rest of Bell gs3 users) got the updates months and months ago. Long before other carriers in fact. I just enjoy rooting and trying new features from custom roms, it's fun (imagine that) . I also prefer aokp to touch wiz at the moment, I was bored with it. Don't talk about something you obviously know nothing about. Honestly, if my panties were in such a twist over the update, I'd simply unlock my Z10 and update using another carrier OS. When my 9900 was actually unusable due to software issues (thanks RIM) , that's what I did.

Since I'm bedridden for a few weeks I have free time. I'm reading the boards. Last I checked, that's the point of a message board. I try to help members with information whenever I can to the limit of what I can, but if I think people are being ridiculous, I'll say that too. And I think threatening to quit a provider over a software update when your phone works (is not a brick without it) is ridiculous.

03-07-13 10:26 AM
    I keep getting a software update on my BB link for 10.0.9.348, even though I already have it, it keeps saying update available and gets my hopes up every time.
    If you have deleted apps from your device or their are updates to apps that came pre-installed, you get update notice. If you install it, deleted apps will re-appear.
    03-07-13 10:29 AM
    I had a reply, but this is getting off topic and ********. Why don't you just find another thread, because you don't appear to be a Z10 owner..?
    When people stop pming me to ask about the update, I will stop being annoyed.

Edit

You know what. I'm out. I didn't get the memo that only z10 owners are permitted to post and heaven forbid anyone interrupt carrier bashing for no reason. Carry on, Bell is teh debil blah blah blah. Hopefully my new sig will stop some of the pms.

SENT FROM TAPATALK 2 - Anything I say in no way represents the view of my employer, amd please do not PM me regarding account information or questions. Thanks.
    Last edited by reeneebob; 03-07-13 at 10:45 AM.
    03-07-13 10:32 AM
    Wow, do you think 'time shift' will work on her?

Posted via CB10
    The_Adventist likes this.
    03-07-13 10:46 AM
    I also prefer aokp to touch wiz at the moment, I was bored with it. Don't talk about something you obviously know nothing about.

I'm reading the boards. Last I checked, that's the point of a message board. I try to help members with information whenever I can to the limit of what I can, but if I think people are being ridiculous, I'll say that too. And I think threatening to quit a provider over a software update when your phone works (is not a brick without it) is ridiculous.

Maybe I'm reading into your tone but you read like you're angry.

Please let me correct you. I do know what I am talking about. I also have a GS3 and a Galaxy Note. The GS3 is on Virgin and the Note is on Rogers. I chose not to root the devices. We waited for the updates to come (ummm Rogers, still waiting on the Note update).

You annouce that you work for Bell and are surprised that people PM you for help or venting?

BTW, helping is one thing but what you are doing is trolling. As defined by Wikipedia:

In Internet slang, a troll (pron.: /ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is someone who posts inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.
    03-07-13 10:47 AM
    Don't put yourself out there like some Bell liaison then?

You're bothered as a Bell employee and I can read it in your posts. If all the BlackBerry employees who lurk the CrackBerry forums reacted the same way you have as a Bell employee, it would be trouble. A lot of people are not overly intelligent so their logic is going to be atrocious. Just stupid non-justifications of why they hate Bell, or think Bell sucks, or whatever. Ignore it!

This reminds me of the "developer who will remain nameless" who made a thread here about the negative reviews on his app in BlackBerry (App at the time) World. It turned into a whole ball of regret for him I think. Not that I'm suggesting you'd feel the same about your contributions here, I figured I'd Ted Mosby you with a story.

When people stop pming me to ask about the update, I will stop being annoyed.

Edit

You know what. I'm out. I didn't get the memo that only z10 owners are permitted to post and heaven forbid anyone interrupt carrier bashing for no reason. Carry on, Bell is teh debil blah blah blah. Hopefully my new sig will stop some of the pms.

SENT FROM TAPATALK 2 - Anything I say in no way represents the view of my employer, amd please do not PM me regarding account information or questions. Thanks.
    03-07-13 10:51 AM
    I actually feel bad now. She IS bed-ridden and we have no idea if she's on any medication that could make her more emotional about things or anything like that.

But, this is still the "Waiting for the Bell Z10 update" thread.

Wow, do you think 'time shift' will work on her?

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 10:54 AM
    GET OVER IT GUYS! Every time there is an update on this thread, I think the update officially rolled.

STOP FIXING YOUR DAMN PROBLEMS HERE!
    03-07-13 10:55 AM
    Come on. We're just about at the part where we kiss and make up. Surely you don't want to miss out on that?!?

GET OVER IT GUYS! Every time there is an update on this thread, I think the update officially rolled.

STOP FIXING YOUR DAMN PROBLEMS HERE!
    03-07-13 10:58 AM
    @reeneebob
    If you are, as stated earlier, a Bell employee then your behavior on this board is reprehensible. As an employee you should be representing your employer as best you can, like looking for proper answers instead of your snide, condescending remarks.

People are posting their frustrations here due to a lack of proper communications from Bell. You could try being a bit more empathetic in your replies.

Posted via CB10
    The_Adventist and tceagle like this.
    03-07-13 11:00 AM
    I wouldn't assume that this "Person" is a Bell employee. I think that someone only typed on a message board that they sell z10's for Bell.

Wal Mart sells z10's for Bell.
    Keep that in mind.

Posted via CB10
    tceagle and ShaneN. like this.
    03-07-13 11:08 AM
    Come on. We're just about at the part where we kiss and make up. Surely you don't want to miss out on that?!?
    Haha, here we go again. She'll come back and talk about her husband bla bla bla... YAWN!

@reeneebob
    If you are, as stated earlier, a Bell employee then your behavior on this board is reprehensible. As an employee you should be representing your employer as best you can, like looking for proper answers instead of your snide, condescending remarks.

People are posting their frustrations here due to a lack of proper communications from Bell. You could try being a bit more empathetic in your replies.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, she should be representing her employer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a side note, Bell has gone fully dark. I mean, how hard can it be to roll out an update?

Maybe they're asking Telus/Rogers and all other carriers how to roll it out...
    03-07-13 11:09 AM
    Lol I admit to being a bit out of sorts after several days in ICU. I'm usually less short tempered but I'm going stir crazy. Guess I'm human after all.

As far as 'reprehensible' I've made it abundantly clear that any snark is MY OPINION AS A USER OF CB ONLY. I have always helped people who have pmd me with whatever information I can and have for a long time. There was a time when employees of carriers were very abundant here, and I'm starting to realise why that stopped.

We are human. We get frustrated when it seems like carriers are bashed for no good reason. It happens.

Have a good day, all.

03-07-13 11:10 AM
    @reeneebob

Posted via CB10
    I had to deal with a smarta$$ed Bell employee today and kept looking at her name tag to see if included the names "reenee or bob".
    Sorry to hear about your bed-riddenness reeneebob. Hopefully you'll be better soon. I hate hospitals. Being in ICU would make anybody grumpy.
    reeneebob likes this.
    03-07-13 11:12 AM
    I had to deal with a smarta$$ed Bell employee today and kept looking at her name tag to see if included the names "reenee or bob".
    Sorry to hear about your bed-riddenness reeneebob. Hopefully you'll be better soon.
    Hey, now, look... I am smart assed ON BOARDS ONLY AS A READER OF THE BOARDS. I am never unprofessional at work. I have even on several occasions worked long past the end of my shifts on personal time for no pay to assist customers (and have many customer service awards to show for it).

I admit to snark and sarcasm online but never with my customers. Ever. And I won't be accused of that.

03-07-13 11:15 AM
    I think the reason we are all frustrated is because this update has been available to the other big carriers in Canada for 2 weeks already, Europe has started receiving their rollouts, and **** even unlocked phones in Tmobile seem to have gotten their update as well today, even though the carrier hasn't even released the z10 in the States yet. For Bell to have not only fallen 2 weeks behind, but also claim the update was pushed and seem to be clueless as to why their clients are not receiving the update is, to me, somewhat unacceptable. Furthermore, they do not want to give any reason why they are behind everyone else. If they had said, "we are integrating Bell TV and self serve into the OS" or given a reason why the update is not pushed yet, I would at least have a sense of where we're at. As a customer paying just as much, if not more, than Rogers or Telus clients, this is just very frustrating to say the least.

TL;DR - Bell where is my damn OS update.
    03-07-13 11:19 AM
    @reeneebob I apologize for being annoying or anything and I wish you a speedy recovery.

In other news, looks like Bell is beginning to roll out the update!

Posted via CB10
    reeneebob likes this.
    03-07-13 11:21 AM
    I think the reason we are all frustrated is because this update has been available to the other big carriers in Canada for 2 weeks already, Europe has started receiving their rollouts, and **** even unlocked phones in Tmobile seem to have gotten their update as well today, even though the carrier hasn't even released the z10 in the States yet. For Bell to have not only fallen 2 weeks behind, but also claim the update was pushed and seem to be clueless as to why their clients are not receiving the update is, to me, somewhat unacceptable. Furthermore, they do not want to give any reason why they are behind everyone else. If they had said, "we are integrating Bell TV and self serve into the OS" or given a reason why the update is not pushed yet, I would at least have a sense of where we're at. As a customer paying just as much, if not more, than Rogers or Telus clients, this is just very frustrating to say the least.

TL;DR - Bell where is my damn OS update.
    I agree on the Bell TV - it should be available. It's frustrating for me too, because I can't use it as a selling point and I love my Bell TV.

03-07-13 11:22 AM
    I hate having to wait too....

I have been with all the carriers out there and Bell is the best by far.

As frustrating as it is waiting for Bell to set this update free I think Bell gets it bang on one time that's why they are slower than the rest.

Now hurry up Bell!! I'm feeling like a crack addict locked up in a room full of jello.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 11:22 AM
    @reeneebob I apologize for being annoying or anything and I wish you a speedy recovery.

Posted via CB10
    are you receiving the update on your device?
    03-07-13 11:23 AM
    All this bickering is lovely...helps pass the time as I wait for the Bell to release the update, so i can go back to using Bluetooth without notification reprecussions

Posted via CB10
    No worries, and I apologize for being extra tasty grumpy.

Glad it's rolling out.

417 ... 910111213 ...