Spiffs

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 11:48 AM
    Our carriers has a facebook page for their communication with latest news, promotions, etc. They posted the pre-order for BB Z10 yesterday, someone asked about BIS. The employee online actually replied that Z10 still requires BIS. *facepalm. However, someone else pointed the error immediately and he did apologise for the misinformation. But still kinda worrying to see that employee aren't exactly educated about the new BB10 platform. I can only imagine what will happen when the phone actually go on sale in stores.
    meganVee likes this.
    02-22-13 11:49 AM
    Just found this thread and wanted to share my experience with sales reps in 2 different locations. I reserved 2 Z10s (black and white) through Rogers reservation system and day before launch was at Rogers store. The reps there were really educated about the phone and OS but were 100% neutral. They explained me about the features (Hub, keyboard) and some of them new that BB10 doen't need BIS anymore and e.t.c. This experience by itself was something new to me as previously the tried to sell me S2 over 9810(upgrade for my wife from her 9800). On the launch day I went to Costco and a sales rep there was trying to sell Z10 to the only customer at that moment, while the customer wanted Note 2.
    I was speechless ... The level of enthusiasm of this rep about Z10 and future of BB was bigger than mine... Moreover, when I saw the phone he was using - iPhone 5.
    For him, the biggest advantage was removable back cover( to change the battery) and the best keyboard on the market.
    Finally, when I asked him for advise, without telling him that I have 9800 in my pocket, he told me straight away - take the black Z10.
    meganVee and carlyincanada like this.
    02-22-13 12:30 PM
    I was at a Bell corporate store in the heart of BB Country to pick mine up on launch day. My experience was great, as was my experience when I went to pre order my Z10. The rep was waiting to see how easy it would be to import everything he had in his Itunes because he wanted one. All the clecks were at worst neutral or in a wait and see mode and at best enthusiastic about how impressed they were from the limited time they had to play with it during their training.

I guess it just goes to show that clerks are no different than anyone else. They all have biases, some just show it more than others.

Loving my Z10, and that's all that really matters. The more people are out there loving them and showing them off, the better it will be for all of us. More sales = more interest from app developers = more sales - and the pattern continues
    02-22-13 12:43 PM
    Just out of curiosity was it an ace 2 not and s2? Because I'm pretty sure the s2 is discontinued. And if she is on an ace2 is that because she isn't on an voice and data plan. I'm just really curious because there are some missing details here.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 02:13 PM
    Store clerks are human too and have their biases.
    Exactly.

I was at Verizon yesterday (I'm spending waaaay too much time there lately lol), and I mentioned iPhones... and the clerk tried to talk me out of it, saying how nasty and boring they are. So even the fabled iPhone isn't exempt from personal bias at stores.
    currentodysseys likes this.
    02-22-13 02:32 PM
    I bought Z10 the other day at a Telus store. First of all there was not one piece of BB10 anywhere in the store. I asked the sales rep, some guy in his late 20, if they had any Z10' he said, "I think". Then he said it's $149 for 3 years, I said to Him, "nope I want o buy the phone out Right". He was all confused. Anyhow the sales rep next to him had a clue, he said no problem buying one and he also said how great the phone is and how he wants one. So sometimes it is the person u deal with. But I must say none of the stores I see around here have any Bb10 promotional ads, posters, displays. By the way, loving the Z10
    02-22-13 02:56 PM
    Hey Chad, which store is it on that street? I found out its not the Best Buy store.
    02-22-13 03:06 PM
    Alot of reps aren't properly trained for demonstration of the Z10, i had to show a customer how to use the Z10 lol, it was fun and not a problem for me to do...However they should have proper training on this new product; doesn't look good on their part...
    02-22-13 03:43 PM
    BB might want to employ some secret shoppers to check on what some of the sales reps out there are saying to their potential customers. Just needed to share this and vent.
    Where do I sign up. I'm looking for a new job.
    02-22-13 04:06 PM
    Wouldn't expect any better from a Guelph resident.
    02-22-13 04:08 PM
    Exactly.

I was at Verizon yesterday (I'm spending waaaay too much time there lately lol), and I mentioned iPhones... and the clerk tried to talk me out of it, saying how nasty and boring they are. So even the fabled iPhone isn't exempt from personal bias at stores.
    Not the same thing. Trashing-talking BlackBerry is ignorant. Obviously, you were dealing w/ a highly intelligent, well-informed salesperson.
    meganVee likes this.
    02-22-13 04:43 PM
    I was at Verizon yesterday (I'm spending waaaay too much time there lately lol).....
    Ha. I have resisted the urge to stop in my AT&T store every day to ask them when the Z10 is available.
    02-22-13 04:45 PM
    Just out of curiosity was it an ace 2 not and s2? Because I'm pretty sure the s2 is discontinued. And if she is on an ace2 is that because she isn't on an voice and data plan. I'm just really curious because there are some missing details here.

Posted via CB10
    Our S2 stock was ordered RMAd over a month ago. That includes the HD LTE. I thought he may have meant the ace as well.

Sent from my Galaxy S 3 via JB 4.2.2 - thanks Tasks AOKP!
    02-22-13 04:55 PM
    Wow, that's a little nasty.
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    02-22-13 05:00 PM
    Hey tell her sister to take back the SII. hangs when their is a dropped signal. Example my wife doesn't hang up the phone when she enters the building garage,
    so the screen stays on and the next day when someone tries and call, it goes directly to the voice message. No one can call in, she can make an out going call.
    02-22-13 05:12 PM
    just throwing it out there.... if she got an SII then chances are she went into the store looking to pay $0 (they would have pushed the SIII if she wanted to spend money)

and yes store reps 99% of the time are clueless in the mobile world.
    02-22-13 06:05 PM
    My girlfriend just got back from the Bell store in Stone Road Mall in Guelph Ontario (20 minutes from BB HQ) and she tells me that two sales staff there told her and her sister that while the Z10 is a nice phone they could not recommend purchasing it because they didn't feel that BB would be around much longer and therefore you wouldn't want to buy a phone from a possibly defunct company. As a result her sister got a Samsung S2. I think BB should know that your carriers sales staff may not be well educated on life and business, I have owned the Z10 since Feb 5th and love it and also have 3 Playbooks in the family so needless to say I was pissed to here this news. BB might want to employ some secret shoppers to check on what some of the sales reps out there are saying to their potential customers. Just needed to share this and vent.
    wow you should contact the manager and let them know and have the rep present as well....that's if this is true
    02-22-13 06:23 PM
    Honestly, at this point if you need a sales person to sell you on a phone you should stick with a land line. C'mon, who doesn't know what they want before they go into the store. Just because the pimple face d0uch3bag tries to tell me how great the iPhone 5 is, doesn't mean I'm gonna stray from my beloved BB. Salespeople suk @ss.
    02-22-13 06:25 PM
    Hey Chad, which store is it on that street? I found out its not the Best Buy store.
    It was the Bell store in Stone Road Mall. I wasn't there personally so I don't know who they talked to but when my girlfriend got home I was not impressed. Also someone earlier asked if it was an S2 and my apologies it was an S3. She likes it but I was annoyed at the comments and truthfully she was coming from a feature phone so any smartphone would have looked cool.
    02-22-13 06:45 PM
    Well I am a Guelph resident and Employer.....and I do expect better.
    02-22-13 06:49 PM
    On morning on Feb 5th I was walking around near my office on Robson Street in downtown Vancouver.

I spent some time in the Bell store (this is a corporate store), as I was curious what they were saying to customers. (I knew my Telus dealer rep was bringing mine to my office the next day.)
    1st rep was selling a Z10 to someone at counter. 2nd rep politely left a customer to see what I needed. Told him I was looking at new Z10 and he admitted he hadn't had much time to play with it yet, but that it looked great and everything he'd heard sounded fantastic. He returned to customer, who it turned out was also looking at a Z10. Rep was struggling to answer some of his questions, so I politely butted my nose in to help. Didn't wait around to see if that guy bought one or not.

Wireless Wave under my office was very positive too. They're a multi-brand retailer. the day before sales guy was recommending to pre-order, plus they had a homemade sign in window stating they were opening early on 5th for Z10 release.

At Rogers store few days later, rep told me they sold out of the few accessories they had. He excitedly told me he had a Z10 too and ordered a case online so he wouldn't have to wait.
    At the Wind store, she told me disappointedly that Wind would have the soon.

Bell especially and Rogers too have a ton of relatively high-profile advertising for the Z10 here on billboards, buses, in print, etc. Telus seemingly not as much, but they probably reap the benefits of Bell & Rogers' advertising.
    02-22-13 07:03 PM
    Plus Rogers has it's own network well Bell shares theirs with Telus which can lead to congestion.
    I get that you had a negative personal experience with Bell, but your last statement is very inaccurate.

Bell and Telus jointly built a new HSPA/HSPA+/LTE network. Yes, Rogers has its own network. But that doesn't mean that Rogers won't have congestion and Bell/Telus will. It's certainly more complicated than that. In the end, there's a certain amount of data being directed through any given tower. I don't think either one of us has the expertise to state how much that can be or what the exact towers to customers ratio is for the Big 3.
    whenever and RubberChicken76 like this.
    02-22-13 07:38 PM
    I had a very helpful sales rep at the Bell world where I picked up my Z10 when I handed him my old 9810 he smiled and said good your a BlackBerry user already so it will take you no time to learn new OS and gave me a quick walk through before I left the store. My coworker on the other hand picked his up from Fido switching from an IPhone the Fido rep tried his best to discourage him from switching offering him a IPhone 5 when my friend persisted he did not offer any walk through as is store policy my friend had to come to me for help learning how to use his Z10

Posted via CB10
    GoldLover7 likes this.
    02-22-13 08:14 PM
    When I went to my local Telus store to upgrade to my z10 the sales rep was very snarky towards blackberry as well. While I was there (waiting in line as well as upgrading) I counted a total of 4 iphones sold, and both of the reps working had iphones as well. They talked a lot about how iphone is the "best" (even heard one of them tell a middle aged guy in suit and tie that iphone's email was the best... he went with the iphone) and when it was finally my turn and I announced that I was there to upgrade my rep just said "Ok" unenthused and paid more attention to her computer than me. When I asked how sales of the z10 were going she said "Good... to blackberry people.." and wasn't able to show me anything with the device, didn't even ask me if I wanted her to switch my info over for me (would've said no anyways).

Overall I was unimpressed but too excited about my new phone to mull over it. I agree with the fact that blackberry needs to employ some kind of sales strategy in store. There's most likely people going into stores with buying z10's in mind and leaving with other devices, and people who don't know better are barely given the z10 option.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 08:58 PM
183 12345 ...