My girlfriend just got back from the Bell store in Stone Road Mall in Guelph Ontario (20 minutes from BB HQ) and she tells me that two sales staff there told her and her sister that while the Z10 is a nice phone they could not recommend purchasing it because they didn't feel that BB would be around much longer and therefore you wouldn't want to buy a phone from a possibly defunct company. As a result her sister got a Samsung S2. I think BB should know that your carriers sales staff may not be well educated on life and business, I have owned the Z10 since Feb 5th and love it and also have 3 Playbooks in the family so needless to say I was pissed to here this news. BB might want to employ some secret shoppers to check on what some of the sales reps out there are saying to their potential customers. Just needed to share this and vent.
    02-21-13 04:41 PM
    off with their heads!
    02-21-13 04:45 PM
    What I don't under is why didn't she get s2? Maybe cuz they wanted to get rid of s II since s4 is coming out.

Posted via CB10
    Snap51 likes this.
    02-21-13 04:46 PM
    Par for the course. I picked up my phone (pre-ordered) on the 5th as well. I switched from iPhone, the guy next to me who was with the other clerk was switching from Android (Samsung).

The store clerk was a MORON. He couldn't figure out how to connect to the wireless to set it up. I did it for him, and I am a former iPhone user for F--- sakes... He was somewhat negative about how it wasn't intuitive and I replied that it was my understanding that Rogers had provided BB10 training to all their sales staff prior to the launch.

That shut him up nicely.

It's unfortunate, but Blackberry has an uphill battle to fight media and public perception. The media has been overwhelmingly negative on Blackberry. I expect that to change as this OS is superb. But it's going to take time. For my part, I'm showing it off to everyone, I'm practically an evangelist for BB. I'm doing it because I truly love this phone and what it can do, and part of me just hates that they're not being given a fair chance. The more negative press I read, the more determined I am to counter it. FACT is, everyone that I have shown the phone to really likes it. The keyboard especially. So it's just a matter of time, and getting it in people's hands and Blackberry will be fine.
    Last edited by Gnomesane; 02-21-13 at 08:51 PM.
    02-21-13 04:47 PM
    i cant stand that ****....instore reps can be such aholes sometimes

also, Welcome to Crackberry!!!!!
    dphjeff likes this.
    02-21-13 04:53 PM
    A story like this is a direct result of Blackberry not defending it's story....I think this scenario will be far more common when the phones are release in the U.S.

I can't really blame the clerks. They likely read the headlines like many of us....and when the only news is from some analysts providing negative sales estimates - that in turn gets repeated and spun by other media into: "Blackberry's in a death spiral!!" - it's no wonder that they might think BBRY is going down the toilet.

Just like some redneck kid occasionally has to climb the water tower with a can of paint to defend his sister's honor, so too must Blackberry have to send out regular Z10 sales updates to squash the negative nellies that just want to see BBRY fail.
    02-21-13 04:56 PM
    That really sucks! I, too am loving my Z10..such an awesome device. I was never an Apple or Android lover and have always been a proud supporter of Canadian companies, especially technology companies. Most of these sales morons are uneducated and misinformed sprouting iSheep and Fandroid crap. If they only knew how awesome QNX is and that it is the future of all things... idiots. I believe in BlackBerry and when they show the world how good they really are, all these analysts and experts will eat their words. Sorry for the rant, but idiots **** me off, especially misinformed ones.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 04:57 PM
    I would have said well why offer it on any contract??? If they are going under you wont need a contract right?? Dumbas* hope he knows do you want fries with that because if that is tomorrows leaders the human race is in trouble. Dont EVER trust a store rep, they know nothing except when their shift ends!!!!!
    02-21-13 05:01 PM
    My experience with Koodo was quite different. Sales associate was brimming with enthusiasm for the device, and he felt it was a real game changer for BlackBerry. Today at work several people asked me to demo some features. Tomorrow I'll be connecting to the meeting room projector to demo how to present with powerpoint. Now I have 2 options, use the playbook with Z10 as a remote, or Z10 alone.
    02-21-13 05:04 PM
    I am newbies to this forum, hi everyone.
    But why not return the S2 to the store, due to your false information store provided, and after consult with you, now your sister made up mind that she want a Z10. As long as the phones are within the grace period window, you can return the phone.
    carlyincanada and web99 like this.
    02-21-13 05:07 PM
    Well she has what 15 days to return it, so get her to return the samsung s2 now.
    02-21-13 05:09 PM
    Hey, lets just fantasize for a minute here...

Let's say you go to bed tonight and wake up tomorrow as a Bell store rep. You go to work at your miserable minimum wage (plus commissions) job. BBZ10 contracts are being offered at an xx% commission on sales, but Samsung S2 contracts are being offered at xx + y% commission on sales. Which phone are you going to pitch and which phone are you going to badmouth?

Now back to reality...

***Edit

Mind you if some of the fanboys here ever ended up working as a store rep and somebody came in to buy an Iphone, the police would definitely end up being called, LOL!!!
    Last edited by DAY1000; 02-21-13 at 06:27 PM.
    sydsam, btulk77, aniym and 3 others like this.
    02-21-13 05:17 PM
    100%

CB10 App, Z10
    02-21-13 05:27 PM
    Thanks for the welcome. My girlfriends sister may return the phone after I chat with her but truthfully a feature phone is all she needs lol, I just wanted to share their experience. I went to the Virgin booth in the same mall to get mine and had a very good experience with what seemed like a knowledgeable sales rep who admitted he had only played with it for a day but said so far he was impressed. Anyway I hope someone at BB steps up the public relations stuff soon as it would appear that all the negativity could be self fulfilling in some cases.
    jbrians and ddlax22 like this.
    02-21-13 05:33 PM
    My experience with Koodo was quite different. Sales associate was brimming with enthusiasm for the device, and he felt it was a real game changer for BlackBerry. Today at work several people asked me to demo some features. Tomorrow I'll be connecting to the meeting room projector to demo how to present with powerpoint. Now I have 2 options, use the playbook with Z10 as a remote, or Z10 alone.
    Use them both will show the bridge feature; however, not all of your audience own the cool PlayBook so you better off focus on only the Z10.
    BlackStormRising and frannip like this.
    02-21-13 05:54 PM
    Well, it's time for a very long prank call to this Bell store you speak of. My character will be The Director of Customer Complaints. (Ontario BlackBerry Division) I guess you wouldn't have the names of the sales staff would ya?

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 05:57 PM
    I went into the Bell store in Sudbury, ON (Brady Street) and asked if they had a screen protector for the Z10? The response from the (white shirt) manager was Pfffft, you don't want a blackberry... I asked why and her response was "they suck, the screen doesn't work..." I pulled out my Z10 and challenged her on her comments. She defaulted to comments like "that's what I heard". Needless to say I left and when I walked by 20 minutes later she was playing on her android...

I hope that someone from Bell or BB will be looking into this...
    02-21-13 06:01 PM
    Sorry I wasn't there but she said it was the Bell store @ Stone Road mall in Guelph.
    02-21-13 06:15 PM
    so she got a Galaxy S2? that's a downgrade right there
    sgt50 and Andrew4life like this.
    02-21-13 06:19 PM
    Perfect - ty

Posted via CB10
    meganVee likes this.
    02-21-13 06:23 PM
    Store clerks are human too and have their biases.

Though surprised someone in that specific mall would make a comment like that. Some of their clientele and/or their friends/families and business partners likely work for BlackBerry ...
    02-21-13 06:27 PM
    ...totally uncool, dufus comments, but it's going to take a while yet for BB negativity to wear away and expose the gloss -- spread the word...
    02-21-13 06:28 PM
    Well, the manager is not available right now. I will call back. It's my Canadian Duty.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 06:41 PM
    Well guess that pretty much confirms my thoughts about Bell as a business.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 06:50 PM
    It's unfortunate that there are sales reps who aren't giving Blackberry a chance and just pulling them down. I love when customers come in with their iPhone/Android and I'm able to show them the Z10. While some of them still maintain that their phone is the best, a lot of them are actually surprised at how well the Z10 works and become interested in it. Hopefully she can return her S2 and get something a little bit better.
    02-21-13 07:13 PM
183 123 ...