I love Koodo.
    02-08-13 05:23 PM
    I've learned years ago that switching is a waste of time because all of them are Crooked. You could opt to free your choices by never going on contract and always paying full phone prices but they screw you there too by seldom offering discounts to your monthly rate so you wind up not saving any money by not getting the subsidized phone price. And you lose any good grandfathered existing good plans.

I'm currently in that boat. I have a 6gb Bell plan with voice mail, call forwarding and waiting, 1000 SMS, 10 cent/min long distance, and some other goodies at $50/mon. Nobody's going to match that these days unless I go with one of those budget carriers that have garbage coverage outside city limits and meh data speed.

Also, buying off contract and trying to recoup your costs by selling your old phone limits you to a few select phones with high resale value. With the trapping practices and dirty cash grabs carriers are up to nowadays I have to admit Google pulled a clever move releasing a phone with monster hardware specs and carrier free OTA updates for a steal at $360. It's going to be tough to resist that now for me.
    02-08-13 05:46 PM
    I was told by the person at Virgin tech support whom I was "escalated" to, that the APN issue has been "sent up to management", but who knows if that's the truth or how far it will go. I was basically told I needed to switch plans after being led on by the last two people I spoke with that they were working on a solution.

If anyone on Virgin / Bell is interested in my experience calling their support, check out my post here: The Autodidact � How Virgin / Bell Bungled the Z10 Launch . Hopefully we get some traction on this. I hate Rogers, and am slowly realizing I also hate Bell. Too bad I like Virgin, they're unfortunate relation... suppose I'll try Telus??
    Hey Wes, good article and mimics my experience in a lot of ways. I'd like to share your article on Google+, you cool with that? And if so, what's your G+ name so I can reference you.
    02-08-13 06:06 PM
    [QUOTE=Shanerredflag;7954310]

Then put my SIM (from Bell that came with the Z) back in and thats it...interesting idea though on other Bell SIMS, I will try my wifes out of her iPhone tonight to see what that does.[/QUOTE]

K...put the SIM (Bell non LTE) from her 4s into my unlocked Z10 and it works too??? No LTE and the APN still says blackberry.net but I could open and search the web browser so data is working.

Anyway...good luck to all.
    Last edited by Shanerredflag; 02-08-13 at 07:33 PM.
    02-08-13 06:17 PM
    I was told by the person at Virgin tech support whom I was "escalated" to, that the APN issue has been "sent up to management", but who knows if that's the truth or how far it will go. I was basically told I needed to switch plans after being led on by the last two people I spoke with that they were working on a solution.

If anyone on Virgin / Bell is interested in my experience calling their support, check out my post here: The Autodidact • How Virgin / Bell Bungled the Z10 Launch . Hopefully we get some traction on this. I hate Rogers, and am slowly realizing I also hate Bell. Too bad I like Virgin, they're unfortunate relation... suppose I'll try Telus??
    02-08-13 06:46 PM
    Just tried this out myself... I have a 6gb iphone plan and just recently picked up an unlocked Z10. When I put the SIM into the Z10 everything works but the data. I talked to customer care, and they said that I have to change my plan out because of "unproper provisioning" the plan that comes close to my data was $95-5gb (my plan now is $75-6gb) I asked the lady if paying more for less data made sense to her and also informed her that Telus/Rogers doesn't require you to change your provisioning data. She said that's all they can do.... TOTAL BELL FAIL!!!!!
    02-08-13 06:51 PM
    [QUOTE=Shanerredflag;7955804]
    K...put the SIM (Bell non LTE) from her 4s into my unlocked Z10 and it workes too??? No LTE and the APN still says blackberry.net but I could open and search the web browser so data is working.Anyway...good luck to all.
    What kind of connection where you getting? was it a small "h"?
    02-08-13 06:55 PM
    SerlingWes, great post and I can confirm too that the APN block with Bell is carrier controlled at the SIM. Currently running myself with an iPhone 4s with a 6GB voice and data plan from Bell. Picked up a BB Z10. Unlocked it too . Bell SIM (voice and data) works great in the iPhone 4s, and only voice - no cellular data on the Z10. Data and BBM does work perfect;y fine on the Z10 on WIFI confirming that BIS not needed and that plain jane data is fine.

By comparison I have a friend who also purchased a BB Z10 from Koodo. He took his Koodo voice and data SIM from his iPhone 4 and put the Koodo SIM into the BB Z!0 and all worked - voice and data. So in the case of Koodo (aka TELUS) you can take a Smartphone voice and data SIM and move it freely from iPhone to BB Z10 with no carrier plan change. It does appear that in the case of Bell, you need to change/provision the rate plan and if by chance they do not have a matching BB version of a plan available of the same type, it would seem you are pooched. So now instead of willingly wanting to move back to BB - the iPhone will have to do for now. Bell wins either way. BB loses out on one more "come back" user.
    02-08-13 07:03 PM
    K...put the SIM (Bell non LTE) from her 4s into my unlocked Z10 and it workes too??? No LTE and the APN still says blackberry.net but I could open and search the web browser so data is working.
    I hate to ask a basic question but is WiFi on too?

After pre-ordering from a corporate reseller due to a new corporate plan, I switched to Bell and ordered a nano-sim so that I could use it in my iPhone 5 until the Z10 came (delivery was attempted today but nobody in Shipping was there). Everything was fine at work and at home but I found out while clawing through snow drifts this morning that I couldn't check the web or get email this morning on the road. No data. I called up Bell when I got to work and they had to do something to make my new BES plan work on the iPhone. Turns out I wasn't provisioned for LTE either and a corporate plan set up three days ago doesn't include LTE! The corporate reseller was closed today so I couldn't get that straightened out but I thought I had data until I was out of WiFi range. Turns out I didn't so I got caught without data which worked wonderfully while on WiFi myself.
    02-08-13 07:11 PM
    [QUOTE=Runell A;7955976]

What kind of connection where you getting? was it a small "h"?
    Yes...I messed up...the WIFI was on and I was sitting beside the darn router to lol. Just tried it WITH THE WIFI OFF...same as you, no data...sorry for getting your hopes up.
    02-08-13 07:39 PM
    SerlingWes, great post and I can confirm too that the APN block with Bell is carrier controlled at the SIM. Currently running myself with an iPhone 4s with a 6GB voice and data plan from Bell. Picked up a BB Z10. Unlocked it too . Bell SIM (voice and data) works great in the iPhone 4s, and only voice - no cellular data on the Z10. Data and BBM does work perfect;y fine on the Z10 on WIFI confirming that BIS not needed and that plain jane data is fine.

By comparison I have a friend who also purchased a BB Z10 from Koodo. He took his Koodo voice and data SIM from his iPhone 4 and put the Koodo SIM into the BB Z!0 and all worked - voice and data. So in the case of Koodo (aka TELUS) you can take a Smartphone voice and data SIM and move it freely from iPhone to BB Z10 with no carrier plan change. It does appear that in the case of Bell, you need to change/provision the rate plan and if by chance they do not have a matching BB version of a plan available of the same type, it would seem you are pooched. So now instead of willingly wanting to move back to BB - the iPhone will have to do for now. Bell wins either way. BB loses out on one more "come back" user.
    Yep, this news cinched it for me. I'm not jumping through customer retention hoops every time I want to switch between a BB phone or something else just for a phone. Blackberry's going to have taken a pass for this guy.
    02-08-13 08:33 PM
    That's the problem though. BlackBerry, and choice as a consumer has now been shaped by a terrible company like bell...

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2
    02-08-13 08:53 PM
    I have a iPhone 5 and a Note 2. I wanted to get a new phone that has a different OS..so I was going to pick up a BB Z10 unlocked from Rogers and put my Bell sim in. But I will not move over to a BB data plan as I jump from phone to phone. Gave up the idea of trying BB and today picked up a Lumia 920.
    02-08-13 09:36 PM
    I know the pain everyone is feeling... I completely want this phone, but am not willing to move to a new contract when every other service provider is allowing their current customers to retain their previous contract and have this phone. Bell mobility is trying for another cash cow scenario.
    Bell knows we want the Z10 and most of us will change to what they dictate, just so we can have this marvel of technology.

Bell mobility is definitely hindering a number of us from purchasing the BlackBerry Z10.
    I know if I could just buy the phone and throw my old SIM card in, I would be playing with my new phone right now, rather than reading about the phone and hearing about the horrible service Bell is offering it's customers.
    scooby103 likes this.
    02-08-13 10:19 PM
    I wonder... is there anyone one this forum who has the ear of someone high up at either Bell or Blackberry? Do you think that Blackberry is aware that Bell is hindering their sales by falsifying the capabilities of the new handset? I can't believe that Blackberry would be fine with this.

Besides us end users who are getting screwed, is there anyone on the inside working to fix this issue?
    02-09-13 07:15 AM
    I wonder... is there anyone one this forum who has the ear of someone high up at either Bell or Blackberry? Do you think that Blackberry is aware that Bell is hindering their sales by falsifying the capabilities of the new handset? I can't believe that Blackberry would be fine with this.

Besides us end users who are getting screwed, is there anyone on the inside working to fix this issue?
    I posted it on BB's Twitter as well as their FB. Whether they even see it or pass it up the chain, who knows.
    02-09-13 07:42 AM
    So bell says you need a BIS plan. Bell says its because even the new Z10 compresses data.

OK bell, using your own Data Usage calculator, where is the compression????

Bell Mobility data usage calculator - see how much data you really need

Set everything to max, and notice how Android, IOS, and BB10 are all the same, yet BB7 is compressed.
    02-09-13 01:39 PM
    Oh, they have no valid excuse. This has to go to the competition board or something. Blatantly lying to customers

02-09-13 02:15 PM
    Bye Bell. Just picked up my Rogers Z10 (debated Rogers vs Telus. Been with Rogers before, and they tend to have a greater selection of phones so went with them again). I had zero issues with Bell until the Z10/BIS nonsense.
    02-09-13 02:33 PM
    What plan and price did you get? Lack of good data packages is stopping me from changing.

02-09-13 03:59 PM
    $60 for 6gb? Too much... I pay $13 for an unlimited BIS with 3G. Now that will be a deciding factor for me if my carrier does not give me a suitable plan.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    02-09-13 05:46 PM
    $60 for 6gb? Too much... I pay $13 for an unlimited BIS with 3G. Now that will be a deciding factor for me if my carrier does not give me a suitable plan.

Is that corporate? And what phone company.
    02-09-13 06:08 PM
    Not corporate.... It is a personal plan... I am in India so the BIS plans are very cheap

02-10-13 07:18 PM
    Carrier is Airtel... )

02-10-13 07:19 PM
    really?

i thought they were only selling them on contract for now
    Rogers does that. I wanted to buy one of them no contract and they refused. Just walked to the Bell store right across and bought one right away.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-10-13 07:21 PM
446 ... 45678 ...