So my current plan I have on my android right now, I can't just buy the z10 with an LTE sim to get LTE?
    Won't work on Bell or Virgin, yet. There is a thread at Howards Forums that also indicates Bell has come clean to indicate there is an issue but some programming needs to occur to fix it. So we are all hanging tight in the hopes this is true.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    03-16-13 06:14 AM
    Won't work on Bell or Virgin, yet. There is a thread at Howards Forums that also indicates Bell has come clean to indicate there is an issue but some programming needs to occur to fix it. So we are all hanging tight in the hopes this is true.

Knowing Bell, that could be 6 months from now
    03-16-13 06:36 AM
    I recently contacted Bell customer support with this:

I am due for my hardware upgrade and wish to purchase a Blackberry z10 phone under contract. However Bell Mobility has recently recognized that there is a problem with this device: Currently users coming from an iPhone or Android device cannot use their existing data plan on a Blackberry z10 because the APN is locked into "Blackberry Internet Services" by Bell. Blackberry themselves have already stated that BIS is no longer required for this device. Neither Rogers nor Telus require their customers to switch to a BIS Plan, only Bell Mobility has this requirement. Bell representatives have already told me that this has not been fixed yet, although a recent statement from Bell has said they acknowledge this problem and are "working on a solution". My problem is that I have no idea when this issue is going to be resolved. I do not wish to be left hanging for another 6 months when I am looking to purchase this device now. Can you provide me any information as to when we can expect this to be resolved?
    I'll keep you posted if I get a response
    03-16-13 08:33 AM
    I'm on bell...new z10...old plan 1.5 years left on contract. looks like I still have BIS cause the BlackBerry symbol shows up next to the connection status

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    03-16-13 09:05 AM
    I got the Z10 the craigslist route, only to find out that my Data dosent work.
    Contacted Bell, the csr tried the same old bs that 'it's a Blackberry....', so I asked to speak to the supervisor who told me there is a fix coming to this problem shortly, and when I probed him a bit further he said within a month....
    Not sure what to trust at this time....
    Can anyone second my experience

This is my first BB devise ever, and I was hoping for a better experience ........ But Bell is ruining it for me
    03-16-13 01:15 PM
    Don't blame Blackberry. Device is awesome, Bell.... Not so much...

03-16-13 01:27 PM
    Dont get me wrong... not blaming BB at all... Love the phone, but only able to use it on wifi because of Bell and I have a 6gb data plan that is just sitting there....
    I want to stay on my BBZ10, but Bell is making it difficult
    03-16-13 01:41 PM
    Dont get me wrong... not blaming BB at all... Love the phone, but only able to use it on wifi because of Bell and I have a 6gb data plan that is just sitting there....
    I want to stay on my BBZ10, but Bell is making it difficult
    unfortunately, you are in the "waiting" boat like a lot of ppl that have the same plan as you. Either you wait it out, or change your plan to get the "proper" data provisioning so that you can fully utilize the Z10 and all it's offerings.

I have a feeling Bell won't release this "fix" until the Q10 hits the market
    03-16-13 02:43 PM
    Has anyone called Bell client services to negotiate a temporary BIS provisioned plan that is anywhere from 1 GB or up? I mean this wouldn't be a solution for all situations however, for those upgrading from an older BlackBerry or for those just buying a new z10 never having a data plan before applying a higher capacity BIS would be sufficient. I know this can be done because I'm on an ULT BlackBerry data plan now with Bell and I'm on the Z10.

Downside is you don't get LTE service but I do get HSPA + and ULT data.

Posted via CB10 using a Z10
    03-16-13 04:19 PM
    That can be done. The point though is there is no reason for any of us to switch or plans. I'm not giving up 6GB LTE simply so I can have a Z10 that on any other provider wouldn't be a problem. I want to use other devices as well, and while I'm aware you can use a crappy BIS plan on other smart phones, that is not a solution to Bell's stupidity.

03-16-13 04:30 PM
    Why don't you all get into the habit of calling more often? If Bell notices that they get more complaints, they may schedule the fix sooner.

Honestly I believe it would be almost trivial to disable this limitation.
    03-16-13 11:43 PM
    Oh, I have called multiple time. I've sent a letter, etc. This is normal for Bell. They take forever to admit a mistake and even longer to correct it. I'm sure I'm not alone.

03-17-13 12:03 AM
    I had a 6GB iphone data plan, got the z10 and data stopped working after 24hrs. Everything was fine until then. I contacted bell and they forced me to switch to a blackberry plan which has 3gb data for $75 and less features than my old data plan. They even had the nerve to charge extra $5 for voicemail. I advised them the new z10 didn't need BIS and BES but they refused to listen and claim they have to "provision" BlackBerry data. I asked the why it worked for 24 hrs with my old data plan and they claimed it was a fluke. We really need an alternative here in Canada to the big 3 scrounging customers.
    03-17-13 07:13 PM
    I had a 6GB iphone data plan, got the z10 and data stopped working after 24hrs. Everything was fine until then. I contacted bell and they forced me to switch to a blackberry plan which has 3gb data for $75 and less features than my old data plan. They even had the nerve to charge extra $5 for voicemail. I advised them the new z10 didn't need BIS and BES but they refused to listen and claim they have to "provision" BlackBerry data. I asked the why it worked for 24 hrs with my old data plan and they claimed it was a fluke. We really need an alternative here in Canada to the big 3 scrounging customers.
    It seems to be only Bell pulling this ****.
    03-17-13 07:22 PM
    I have a similar problem with Bell

I have a grandfathered unlimited data plan and upgraded to the Z10

I still have the unlimited data, but have yet to get LTE even though my buddy on Telus was right beside me and had LTE on his Z10 unlocked from Rogers.

The top right corner of my phone shows H and it has the blackberry symbol.

Would that mean I am still on BIS?

My APN is blackberry.net

Also, they upgraded my sim card to the micro sim LTE card

Furthermore, is my data being compressed and therefore slower due to being on BIS?

Lastly, when I do a speedtest.net test I have gotten as fast as 22 mbps down on the H Network. Is that normal?

A different buddy had a galaxy s3 and did a Speedtest and he got the same speed as me, even though his phone said LTE

Thank you and I hope I am not stealing the thread, it seemed all on the same genre

PS... i frigging love this phone!

Powered by BB10
    03-17-13 07:40 PM
    There is no unlimited LTE plan on bell. LTE can't out after bell got rid of unlimited. You likely have a HSPA+ plan, which they did have for unlimited. I would keep that. LTE is a battery sucker, and well unlimited is awesome

03-17-13 08:03 PM
    I have a similar problem with Bell

I have a grandfathered unlimited data plan and upgraded to the Z10

I still have the unlimited data, but have yet to get LTE even though my buddy on Telus was right beside me and had LTE on his Z10 unlocked from Rogers.

The top right corner of my phone shows H and it has the blackberry symbol.

Would that mean I am still on BIS?

My APN is blackberry.net

Also, they upgraded my sim card to the micro sim LTE card

Furthermore, is my data being compressed and therefore slower due to being on BIS?

Lastly, when I do a speedtest.net test I have gotten as fast as 22 mbps down on the H Network. Is that normal?

A different buddy had a galaxy s3 and did a Speedtest and he got the same speed as me, even though his phone said LTE

Thank you and I hope I am not stealing the thread, it seemed all on the same genre

PS... i frigging love this phone!

Powered by BB10
    The unlimited data can not be switched over to LTE...if you want LTE you have to go to a capped plan, no choice, Bell will not provision LTE data on an unlimited plan, this has been the policy since the LTE network was turned on, and is unlikely to change...
    03-18-13 05:42 PM
    We all realize this. The problem is that Bell is blaming BlackBerry rather than just admitting this is they way of getting rid of old plans.
    03-18-13 06:53 PM
    Thank you freighter for the info

I think it is bs that i cant get LTE. I started with this plan on 3g then was upgraded to 4G and was given an LTE sim card and was not told about this limitation when I signed for the new contract.

Hmm, i will have to check out my Contract.