Call retention and get them to change it, no bigs.
    It's somewhat a big deal for me because this is the 3rd day calling and they are unable to change me to an equivalent blackberry plan at the same price point I am currently paying. They told me because I am only 1 year into my contract that I have to wait 4 more months to be considered loyal.
    02-07-13 09:02 AM
    I would like to reiterate one fact,

if you get or are on a BlackBerry plan you will not have any issues using that plan on an android or IPhone I swap sims regularly and my plan has always been bis data.

:thumbup:
    02-07-13 09:10 AM
    I would like to reiterate one fact,

if you get or are on a BlackBerry plan you will not have any issues using that plan on an android or IPhone I swap sims regularly and my plan has always been bis data.

:thumbup:
    This. I used my iPhone on a BIS plan without issue. What's ironic is that the apn required is pda.bell.ca.

Our training said no BIS required. I haven't run into an issue yet as so far the only people who we've sold to are current BB users. The only time I've had to change a plan was because it was under the $50 threshold to trigger the full hardware credit. I did wonder how all this was going to work without bis though, since there has to be some sort of provisioning for BBM to go through the noc...

Why alts sucks - have the balls to say it under your usual name. Otherwise, you're a coward and your point is rendered worthless.
    02-07-13 09:57 AM
    I got my Z10 yesterday and no changes for me where necessary all working just fine, I did have a BlackBerry before and I got the 6GB for $30 promo last time they released an iPhone (they do this with every iPhone release). I just logged on my account and this is what it shows: "6GB data Share for iPad-BBerry"

BTW, as soon as I confirmed it was working I went to speedtest and got this:
    Attachment 134314

So, is this LTE? I never checked with my old 9860 but this seems pretty good to me...
    While I agree that people not being able to keep their pre-exisiting non-BlackBerry when switching over is a major issue what I'm more concerned about is LTE. If Bell is insisting on setting the APN to blackberry.net does this have any impact on whether the data goes over HSPA+ or LTE? I don't suppose someone feels like posting speedtest.net results from a Z10 versus another LTE-enabled phone run at around the same time\location on the Bell network?
    intprd04 likes this.
    02-07-13 10:52 AM
    Day three of calling Bell. Still not getting anywhere with them. They all say you need a BlackBerry data plan. They still won't offer anything close to my current plan. They suggested a fab 10, 5 gb plan for $95. Compared to my current 6GB plan for $60. And this is despite the fact I spend $400/mo on Bell services and have been a mobility customer for 15 years. Terrible service! At this point, I just feel stupid for using any of their services. Looking more and more likely I will have to stay with this iPhone and return the awesome Z10.
    02-07-13 10:57 AM
    I'm picking up my Z(ed)10 tomorrow and I'm a little worried. When I initially preordered on January 31st, they sold it to me (as a new customer) with a regular data plan. If they're not going to honour that, I may have to figure out if the koodo kiosk has any stock left.
    02-07-13 11:47 AM
    Has anyone confirmed if an unlocked Z10 from Rogers or Telus will work on Bell? I am looking for someone who as actually tried.
    02-07-13 01:42 PM
    I came from a Bold 9900 with bell, I went in bought my phone off contract and my plan worked perfectly. No changes were needed at all.
    02-07-13 01:47 PM
    That is one thing I'm worried about as a poster brought up is what will the speed be on LTE if Bell is making its users on the Z10 go through a BIS plan. I have a 9900 and will get the EHUG once I iron out some of the stuff in which my credits expire in a year from now. If speed isn't affected then I'm not worried.
    02-07-13 01:55 PM
    Question...unlocked Bell Z but APN is also locked (hard coded)...so I'm going to the Sates in a week on holidays and want to take my Z and switch out the SIM for a cheaper AT&T to avoid the roaming charges...do I have to get a BB plan SIM to avoid any APN hassles and get full ride data or will a regular LTE SIM suffice?

Thanks in advance
    02-07-13 02:05 PM
    Question...unlocked Bell Z but APN is also locked (hard coded)...so I'm going to the Sates in a week on holidays and want to take my Z and switch out the SIM for a cheaper AT&T to avoid the roaming charges...do I have to get a BB plan SIM to avoid any APN hassles and get full ride data or will a regular LTE SIM suffice?

Thanks in advance
    So unlocking the phone didn't unlock the APN? Makes the unlock kind of useless if no other comapnies are using that APN...
    02-07-13 03:14 PM
    So unlocking the phone didn't unlock the APN? Makes the unlock kind of useless if no other comapnies are using that APN...
    Yeah...who knew First day of release so didn't know (don't think anyone did) or I wouldn't have used Bell to buy it...oh well, guess I'll find out on the 18th. so, is the APN unique to each carrier?
    02-07-13 03:27 PM
    Yeah...who knew First day of release so didn't know (don't think anyone did) or I wouldn't have used Bell to buy it...oh well, guess I'll find out on the 18th. so, is the APN unique to each carrier?
    Have you complained to the unlocker?
    02-07-13 03:29 PM
    Guys, please help a brother out. I've been posting this question but no one has answered me or shed some light on this matter: I have a BIS plan (unlimited data) and I would like to know if it will work the same way as with my 9900. Will I be charged for Data Usage or the Z10 will use the blackberry.net route and therefore not charge me for my web browsing, nobex radio, etc? That's the only thing that matters to me at the moment. Cheers
    I bought my Z10 yesterday and had a Fab5 nationwide with unlimited data plan from about 7 or 8 years ago. After almost two hours of Bell customer care and tech support, I was forced to switch to the new $95 a month plan (unlimited nationwide calling and 5gb of data, not unlimited BB data). No matter what anybody tried, they could not get my data to work.
    02-07-13 03:41 PM
    Day three of calling Bell. Still not getting anywhere with them. They all say you need a BlackBerry data plan. They still won't offer anything close to my current plan. They suggested a fab 10, 5 gb plan for $95. Compared to my current 6GB plan for $60. And this is despite the fact I spend $400/mo on Bell services and have been a mobility customer for 15 years. Terrible service! At this point, I just feel stupid for using any of their services. Looking more and more likely I will have to stay with this iPhone and return the awesome Z10.
    that is BS. I had a $62 plan (which i am guessing is similar to yours) and told them I would cancel the pre-order and not buy the $40 case that I already had in my hand if they couldnt give me the same plan for the same price. They said the best they could do was give me everything the same (fab 10 w 6gb data) for $7 more, making it $69. I wanted to leave the store and use my phone so I agreed, on the terms that if i did confirm that it was only bell charging extra I would call back and ream them. THIS IS THE CASE, and I also am NOT getting LTE... I will be calling on the weekend and letting them have it.

But DO NOT take no for an answer because they originally wanted to give me a 1GB plan for $70 ($8 more then i was paying for 6GB) and I told them there was a rogers store down the street... 20 minutes later the problem was (semi) solved.
    02-07-13 03:45 PM
    Yes this is true. When you enter into a contract with Bell or any other carrier its for the the device that is bundled with the plan. You need to read all the writing in your contract and ask your carrier before buying your plan. So like Rogers was doing months ago, they were finding out which of their mobile clients were using their BB SIMs on a iPhone or the other way around and sending notices to people saying either change their plan by x day or their data plan would be terminated on their account.

You have to understand that the carrier's are legally obligated to make sure their clients are ripping them off by using their SIM cards in a device they didn't sign the contract for.

It's not BBRY's fault you tried to cheat system and got biotch slapped!!
    02-07-13 03:57 PM
    Yup... the APN is locked. Unlocking the phone only allows other SIMS but won't fix that. This is a software issue that Bell will need to update.
    02-07-13 04:08 PM
    Yes this is true. When you enter into a contract with Bell or any other carrier its for the the device that is bundled with the plan. You need to read all the writing in your contract and ask your carrier before buying your plan. So like Rogers was doing months ago, they were finding out which of their mobile clients were using their BB SIMs on a iPhone or the other way around and sending notices to people saying either change their plan by x day or their data plan would be terminated on their account

You have to understand that the carrier's are legally obligated to make sure their clients are ripping them off by using their SIM cards in a device they didn't sign the contract for.

It's not BBRY's fault you tried to cheat system and got biotch slapped!!
    No contract...I paid full price and bought the phone...are they not obligated to release the APN?
    02-07-13 04:30 PM
    Have you complained to the unlocker?
    No...don't think it would make any diffrence...guess I'll do the "mall Walk" looking for a service provider that uses blackberry.net
    02-07-13 04:33 PM
    So...just hung up the phone with Bell...they (and the tech Dept) are claiming no knowledge of a hard coded APN. The fellow helping me was pretty good about the whole thing and kind of "tongue in cheek" said "maybe do a security wipe, put the new SIM in and try that cuz I've heard that works for some devices..." makes sense...likely phone is defaulted to the SIM on initial boot up...worth a try.

Also...I asked if the phone is bought and paid for how they could highjack the APN, they must have a way of releasing...he said "try the security wipe"..."it's definitely NOT a BlackBerry issue" I'll try tomorrow on a Rodgers SIM and hope this mystery is solved.
    02-07-13 05:02 PM
    What if I buy a rogers or telus z10..unlock it, and use it on bell? could i reprogram the apn to pda.bell.net and be in business with a regular smartphone data plan?
    02-07-13 05:49 PM
    So in other words, if I go to Rogers (where the APN is not locked to an unusable site) to buy myself a new Blackberry Z10 ($650), then buy an unlock code from Crackberry so I can use any service carrier ($45), go back to Bell mobility and buy a new SIM card with my existing voice and data plan ($10).... technically I will be able to use my existing contract plan, own a new Z10 unlocked phone and be able to use all of my current voice and data without issues? Hmmmmmmm

Lets see: I'm on a $63/month Fab 10 account with 1GB data x 19 months left on contract = $1197 + Z10 ($650) + Unlock code ($45) + SIM ($10) = $1902 + $20 Hardware change = $1920 x 12% BC HST Tax = $2150.40
    New Bell contract equivalent: $83/month x 36 months = $2988 + $140 for Z10 + $35 Activation fee = $3163 x 12% BC HST Tax =$3542.56

Difference: $1392.16 and I'm off contract 17 months earlier than a new contract.

Sounds do-able
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    02-07-13 06:27 PM
    I have the same plan, but i pan $69 lol. i was paying 62 plus tax on my iphone 4 but they told me I HAD TO pay $7 more bc it was a BB plan. They also told me my plan does not exist for BBs and they were doing this as a favour to me bc i was a loyal customer... well, guess they lied if you have the same plan.

I honestly think that Bell is run by a bunch of people that never talk to each other, or dont even know each other, and each rep does whatever they want.
    This is a loyalty plan.
    02-07-13 06:29 PM
    Hey Humayun - great minds think alike.... I was doing the math and working a bit on a project then thought I really should enter my post and you beat me!
    02-07-13 06:29 PM
    So...just hung up the phone with Bell...they (and the tech Dept) are claiming no knowledge of a hard coded APN. The fellow helping me was pretty good about the whole thing and kind of "tongue in cheek" said "maybe do a security wipe, put the new SIM in and try that cuz I've heard that works for some devices..." makes sense...likely phone is defaulted to the SIM on initial boot up...worth a try.

Also...I asked if the phone is bought and paid for how they could highjack the APN, they must have a way of releasing...he said "try the security wipe"..."it's definitely NOT a BlackBerry issue" I'll try tomorrow on a Rodgers SIM and hope this mystery is solved.
    I'll test that later, I have a Koodo Z10 unlocked, when I put the Koodo SIM in it, the APN automatically change to sp.koodo.com. Everything works great with a Koodo SIM, but as soon as I put the Virgin SIM, it's back to blackberry.net and can't access the Internet. Virgin tech support told me my phone was incorrectly unlocked, try to unlock it again.
    02-07-13 07:45 PM
446 ... 23456 ...