I can only assume I have a bug where I enabled bedside mode and I'm stuck in it.

I can't get notification sounds of any kind. I get the red thing on the lock screen saying I have a notification, but for the life of me cannot get a flashing LED or sound, already battery pulled, restarted, getting annoyed.
    04-19-13 09:49 AM
    I can only assume I have a bug where I enabled bedside mode and I'm stuck in it.

I can't get notification sounds of any kind. I get the red thing on the lock screen saying I have a notification, but for the life of me cannot get a flashing LED or sound, already battery pulled, restarted, getting annoyed.
    Pull battery and leave out for one minute before trying to restart.
    If that fails, try to reload the OS through link and do not reload anything from the back up, add all items separately.
    04-19-13 10:25 AM
    Will I lose my contacts that way? (reloading the OS)
    04-19-13 10:29 AM
    Basic question: When you guys are in lock screen and you swipe down from the top, is your alarm clock RED with "Notifications Off" displayed?

Because, after a reloading of OS data, a long battery pull, etc, that's what happens to me.

I don't get it. I don't know how to make the clock white on that screen.

The only time I've ever even seen my red LED light flash is when I'm prompted to enter my SIM card password.

This is a factory unlocked device FWIW.
    04-19-13 11:23 AM
    Note: Currently my sim password is accepted, but as I'm not in the country which recognizes the sim currently, I can't make or receive phone calls. Could the fact that my carrier isn't activated yet cause me to be unable to exit bedside mode?

I set it to "phone calls only" and now when I swipe down from the top of the lock screen i get the red clock saying phone calls only. I think this means bedside mode is bloody stuck.
    04-19-13 11:54 AM
    Ha ha.... I restarted AGAIN, this time after the reload OS (which oddly didn't even remove any third party apps like i thought it would? unless bbm apps dont count)

and now i'm getting the led and sound.

i really don't know why it started working or what the rhyme or reason is.

i just hope it stays good because i love this phone
    04-19-13 12:32 PM