Perhaps I'm missing some secret gesture or something but putting my z10 into bedside mode seems awfully counter-intuitive.
    If my phone screen is on I have to push the power button to turn off the screen only to then partially swipe from the bottom bezel (being careful not to wake it up entirely) to get to the lock screen......then I can pull the shade down. Is there another way to do it?
    Man, I miss my old BB days of just slipping it into a dock and viola......bedside mode!
    Camelhmpz likes this.
    07-10-13 03:51 PM
    Yeah. Just hit the power button once to lock it and again to turn it on. Easy peasy.
    Perhaps I'm missing some secret gesture or something but putting my z10 into bedside mode seems awfully counter-intuitive.
    If my phone screen is on I have to push the power button to turn off the screen only to then partially swipe from the bottom bezel (being careful not to wake it up entirely) to get to the lock screen......then I can pull the shade down. Is there another way to do it?
    Man, I miss my old BB days of just slipping it into a dock and viola......bedside mode!
    07-10-13 03:53 PM
    Prob not any quicker but here is what I do. And I agree it should be easier.
    From home screen swipe down. Hit alarm clock option. Swipe down when in the clock app. Hit bedside mode.
    I do agree a quick key would be handy.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    07-10-13 04:09 PM
    Yeah. Just hit the power button once to lock it and again to turn it on. Easy peasy.
    This would be my way to do it too.
    07-10-13 04:35 PM
    My problem with bedside mode besides trying to get the shade down first try is with the alarm shut-off. When I tap the screen or top button, it puts it in snooze. I want to turn it off completely without having to close the app. Am I missing something? On legacy BB's, you just tapped the top button.
    07-10-13 04:37 PM
    I've had my Z10 since the launch....never touched the alarm or clock.

Seen this thread and tried it....set it up in seconds. So easy.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 04:47 PM
    Yeah, wish they had a dock for the Q or at least some setting where when charging it goes to bedside mode.
    With my Bold the settings are already set to go to bedside mode when plugged in or when placed in cradle.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 04:48 PM
    I wish it was more like the legacy phones. When you plug/dock the phone, the clock turns on then a timer to start bedside at set times and come off at set times.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    olivopuccino and mastermike87 like this.
    07-10-13 04:54 PM
    What do you mean OP? It's so easy..

When my device is locked and I plug it in, the screen turns on and the shade appears. I pull it down and I'm in bedside mode. Easy peasy
    07-10-13 05:11 PM
    There's no need to push the lock button. As long as the lock screen is on you can swipe down from the top bezel and it will appear. Works with me.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 05:14 PM
    Even from the home screen...swipe down from the top and tap alarm....thats what I did.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 05:23 PM
    What do you mean OP? It's so easy..

When my device is locked and I plug it in, the screen turns on and the shade appears. I pull it down and I'm in bedside mode. Easy peasy
    I think that's the point the OP is making. You've stated you have to lock your device. Then plug it in. Then pull the shade down. Perhaps it doesn't need to take 3 steps for such a simple task.

From what I gather. All methods require 3 actions to get to bedside mode. Not the most efficient task. Perhaps the next update will allow users the option to add it to the settings menu.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    07-10-13 05:53 PM
    I agree with the OP here. I don't like it either. Before I had it set to go to bedside mode when I plugged it in after 10 pm. I wish I had that back, or better, an option in the pull down menu

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 05:57 PM
    My problem with bedside mode besides trying to get the shade down first try is with the alarm shut-off. When I tap the screen or top button, it puts it in snooze. I want to turn it off completely without having to close the app. Am I missing something? On legacy BB's, you just tapped the top button.
    I changed the snooze time to 0 minutes in the settings

Posted via CB10
    garpt likes this.
    07-10-13 06:07 PM
    I don't find it hard at all. In fact, it's so natural. I get into bed, lock my screen, plug it in and pull down the shade. Yes it's a three step process but it's a natural process. Everyone plugs their phone in at night so that's pretty natural, pulling the shade down to get into Bedside mode couldn't be easier. The only thing that I might change is having to lock the screen, but if you did that then every time you had your phone plugged in you would have to worry about putting it in bedside mode. As others have said, I think it easy peasy!

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 06:53 PM
    I agree with the having to swipe up JUST ENOUGH to not wake it and then swipe down. But you can also access it in the Clock app. But I really do like "pulling down the shade". It's pretty fun
    07-10-13 06:59 PM
    Just go to the clock app and hit bed side mode...two clicks that's it...
    07-10-13 07:24 PM
    Just go to the clock app and hit bed side mode...two clicks that's it...
    And possibly a few swipes and extra clicks depending on what page it is and if the Clock app is in a folder haha. But to me, all of this really isn't a big deal. It would be a different story, though, if say Bedside Mode didn't work properly. It just isn't the easiest thing to get to and I can deal with it. Other devices don't even have a bedside mode. Sure, Apple has their "Do Not Disturb" setting but for that, you might as well just put the phone on silent.
    07-10-13 07:29 PM
    I'm not really sure how they could make it easier. Swipe down from the lock screen. When you plug the device in, the little tab even pops down to show you that it can go to bedside mode if you like.
    07-10-13 07:31 PM
    I don't plug in my phone at night.........what you guys are talking about 3 steps....only 2 with different way of doing it
    07-10-13 07:59 PM
    There's no need to push the lock button. As long as the lock screen is on you can swipe down from the top bezel and it will appear. Works with me.

Posted via CB10
    But when you're not in the lock screen there is no efficient way to get there. Even the suggestions to go to the alarm to get into bedside mode (although it does seem easier) is still 4 gestures from the home screen.
    There needs to be something better.....particularly when there was on legacy devices.

Posted via CB10
    bintheredundat likes this.
    07-10-13 09:23 PM
    I don't plug in my phone at night........
    Seriously, you don't plug your phone in at night? May I ask why not? This seems odd to me.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 09:44 PM
    There needs to be something better.....particularly when there was on legacy devices.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure what legacy device you had, but bedside mode has always been a pain in the **** to use until BB10!

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 09:49 PM
    I just had an idea though! How awesome would it be if you just had to kiss your phone goodnight and it went into Bedside mode! Then my wife would stop saying I'm weird!

Posted via CB10
    ibpluto likes this.
    07-10-13 09:52 PM
    I just had an idea though! How awesome would it be if you just had to kiss your phone goodnight and it went into Bedside mode! Then my wife would stop saying I'm weird!

Posted via CB10
    Brilliant

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 09:55 PM
60 123