I used my Torch as an alarm clock and set notifications to off except phone calls as I need to respond 24/7 to business calls. Have we lost this functionality with the Z10. Talk about a step backwards...
    02-11-13 07:57 AM
    Not at the moment.. bedside mode only has one setting and disables ALL notifications.. it's been brought up probably a hundred times.. hopefully it will be address in the first software update.
    Trismos likes this.
    02-11-13 08:00 AM
    Quite the lapse IMHO.
    02-11-13 08:14 AM
    This really make no sense to me. Why don't you just change the notifications to phone calls only? Why put the phone in bedside mode at all?
    kenorian likes this.
    02-11-13 08:18 AM
    Why do you think they HAVE a bedside mode? When the phone is left to charge at night, you can have a nicely dimmed clock that stays on all night. I used my Torch this way. Otherwise I find it too bright. Many others obviously felt the same way or a bedside or night mode would never have been created.
    02-11-13 08:24 AM
    Legacy OS bedside mode was/ is fantastic, very adjutable, no need to play with settings just plug it in alarm wake you up start your day with full charge. I hope all the functionality returns.
    02-11-13 08:28 AM
    This really make no sense to me. Why don't you just change the notifications to phone calls only? Why put the phone in bedside mode at all?
    Because the BBOS function let us all define "bedside mode" differently. I for example let phones calls AND texts come through, as I figured anyone texting me at 3am was in trouble... and sometimes texts get through when cell calls don't. And as others said, bedside mode automated a number of tasks. All I do is plug in my charger at night, and it automatically disables notifications from emails (etc.), turns on the clock, and dims the screen. Yes I could do that all manually, but why take away conveniences that were working great?
    02-11-13 08:44 AM
    If you use your blackberry for business and not just bbm-ing your friends notifications are important... If I set the phone to phone calls only manually and then forget to set it back in the morning I can miss important time sensitive emails... with bedside mode it automatically changes back when I unplug it.

That's the main and all important reason for me. But as others have said, the screen dimming and clock are nice too.

Sent from my BlackBerry Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    02-11-13 09:55 AM
    I thought cb Kevin did a Blog about this? You can have calls in bedside mode. However, I did a test call and the call went through but there was no sound. What is the point of having calls allowed say for emergency ,when you can't hear them???

My phone notifications are on but still no sound for incoming calls for bsm. Was that just by Rogers???

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 07:41 PM
    Of course you can do this. Open up your clock app, slide down from the top, go to clock settings, and then allow phone calls in bedside mode.

Posted via CB10
    calicocat2010 and laketrout73 like this.
    03-28-13 07:47 PM
    I thought cb Kevin did a Blog about this? You can have calls in bedside mode. However, I did a test call and the call went through but there was no sound. What is the point of having calls allowed say for emergency ,when you can't hear them???

My phone notifications are on but still no sound for incoming calls for bsm. Was that just by Rogers???

Posted via CB10
    Mine seems to work.
    This thread was before the blog and update

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 07:47 PM
    It is possible, i got that too. I get calls if it is in bed side mode.

Give me few minutes plz to search it for you.

BlackBerry Z10, Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 07:49 PM
    Clockswipe from and hit settings or something like that right corner.

In Bedside mode I still need my phone to ring. Can I change this?-img_00000062.png

In Bedside mode I still need my phone to ring. Can I change this?-img_00000060.png
    In Bedside mode I still need my phone to ring. Can I change this?-img_00000061.png

BlackBerry Z10, Posted via CB10
    laketrout73 likes this.
    03-28-13 07:57 PM
    It was fixed in the last update
    03-28-13 08:58 PM
    Can it be set to only allow specific calls to come through?
    03-28-13 09:06 PM
    In time they may bring that feature out but is that a make or break feature for you?
    03-28-13 09:25 PM
    You guys are very demanding... lol...

Seriously, having more options is simply great...

Posted via Z10
    03-28-13 09:26 PM
    In time they may bring that feature out but is that a make or break feature for you?
    Yea it is. I don't understand how BB can just ignore some of the features which were it's backbone. My iPhone gas a night mode which only allows some callers through and Skype! I am trying to like VZW and the Z 10. But I may be refusing delivery tomorrow!
    03-28-13 09:33 PM
    you need to go into your clock settings and enable phone calls in bedside mode. also control analog vs diggy clock.

here for a screen shot as well. BlackBerryed.com | Receiving phone calls in bedside mode fixed in BlackBerry 10 OS update!
    05-02-13 08:58 PM
    Thanks to Sasktel I don't have this setting....yet. Grrrrr! Boooo-urns!

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 09:35 PM