How does this feature work? The phone shuts down the radios if you opt for no notifications??

how about the battery drain???

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 04:23 PM
    The notifications just don't happen. You get messages, but you are not notified, so as not to wake you up.

Radios are not disabled.

And if you don't use it whole plugged in, you will drain your battery.

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    Phaethonas likes this.
    09-11-13 04:25 PM
    I usually use it when I am charging the phone which I do when I go to bed. It is a really good feature, you can easily set an alarm from it and also set it so you still can get phone calls but no other notification. Once you turn it off all your notifications are there waiting for you

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 04:29 PM
    How do you change it to ring phone calls but silence all others?

Also, is there a way to enter sleep mode without clicking the power button to sleep the phone then clicking again to get to lock screen. In other words to enter while the phone is awake?

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 07:24 PM

Also, is there a way to enter sleep mode without clicking the power button to sleep the phone then clicking again to get to lock screen. In other words to enter while the phone is awake?

Posted via CB10
    1)It should be under Settings for the clock.

2)Slide down the top navigation tray, hit 'alarm', then in Clock slide down the top tray again to reveal, 'help', 'bedside mode', and 'settings'.
    MP2100 likes this.
    09-11-13 07:30 PM
    @lostfile thanks for the quick response. Exactly what I was looking for

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 07:45 PM
    The notifications just don't happen. You get messages, but you are not notified, so as not to wake you up.

Radios are not disabled.

And if you don't use it whole plugged in, you will drain your battery.

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    Frank, I use bedside mode every night. I never charge the battery when in bedside mode and my battery usage is usually pretty low over nite. I always find the time to charge it before I hit the sack. Never had a random reboot, so that's one of the things I don't take chances with. Verizon official 10.1

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 08:53 PM
    When it's not plugged it the screen doesn't stay on while in bedside mode too.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 08:57 PM
    I only use bedside mode once a week (when for religious reasons I can't use it for 24 hours), plugged in to a dock charger. What I've noticed though is that the screen only stays on about 8-10 hours, then goes dark. Not sure how many hours but sometime during the day it shuts off the screen even though it is still plugged into the charger. Afterwards, when I wake it up, it is still in bedside mode with the clock displayed!

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 09:02 PM
    I find that the phone in bedside mode doesn't really go dark like my old Torch. It's dark grey and back light still glows. Anyone else have this issue?
    09-11-13 09:19 PM
    I've got a question about the Bedside Mode ICON. When does it appear? I think that I've seen it at the top of the screen but not only when the Clock is showing? Is there a setting that sets a time span when it shows at the top. Last Night I decided to use it but since I had not used it before did not know how to summon it and recalled seeing the "cradle" icon at the top but could not get it to appear. Finally opened HELP and then Clock. But, again, I THINK I recall seeing that cradle up there even during the day and I've rarely used the clock.

Oh, and having not read this thread, I left it in bedside mode overnight and it was not charging - battery did not take that much of a hit.
    09-27-13 08:38 AM
    It appears when you plug in your phone to charge it.. or you could just drag it from the top while you are in the Clock app

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    09-27-13 09:27 AM
    It appears when you plug in your phone to charge it.. or you could just drag it from the top while you are in the Clock app

Posted via CB10
    Ah, that's the "random" event that shows it at the top of the screen. I knew it was not only the Clock app which triggered its appearance. Thanks.
    09-27-13 10:47 AM
    I find that the phone in bedside mode doesn't really go dark like my old Torch. It's dark grey and back light still glows. Anyone else have this issue?
    Not mine. If it's not plugged in, and in bedside mode, it first fades to the red-orange face only with black background, then completely off. No glow of the backlight or anything. Just like my previous Torch 9800.

However, just like the old 9800, if it's charging, the backlight never goes off and leaves the night clock face visible.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 11:50 AM
    Yeah, my complaint is the black isn't very black with the back light always on.
    09-27-13 05:11 PM
    @lostfile. Wow, so simple, so obvious. The manual doesnt mention this. Ive used this feature because i saw the icon when i plugged it in. I was surprised (at the time) it had fewer options compared to BBOS 7. Of course it has these features! I need to swipe around more and find these things.
    09-27-13 06:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    Set bedside mode to "phone calls only "

Trusted Member Genius
    09-28-13 12:04 AM
    you can also enable it from the lockscreen. just swipe down from the top bezel - no need to open the clock app, or plug in.

I'm still waiting for them to implement auto bedside mode, based on time or location.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-28-13 12:36 AM