I've had my phone for exactly a week now and my battery still svcks.
    I didn't 'condition' my battery when I first got it, so maybe that's why, but I was wondering if there are any other alternatives.
    I charged it to about 80% 3 hours ago and I've been playing games/texting on it eversince and it died on me just now.
    That sucks for battery life, imo.
    Anyone got any advice?
    02-13-13 11:44 PM
    get a new battery, condition it, and use the current one as a spare.
    02-14-13 12:48 AM
    This is dumb that ppl still condition there battery in 2013, they shouldn't have to. BlackBerry should just offer everyone a better battery and include it in new phones
    02-14-13 01:01 AM
    Is it really dumb? I mean even the reps in stores tell you too. The world of lithium ion hasn't evolved much so we still have to do what he did years ago. Shoes have been around for a few hundred years, do you buy new ones and immediately run a marathon in them, play a full NBA game in them or climb a mountain? If not then Nike and adidas should give us all new shoes.
    twstd.reality likes this.
    02-14-13 01:18 AM
    fido rep told me the same thing - make sure you discharge it all the way first, then charge it 100% before you use it.
    lots of people will tell you it's not neccessary, but how does the os actually know what the "real" % is if its stats aren't accurate? I always full discharge/charge the first couple cycles and then only top off, with a full discharge every couple months. but, 3 hrs of gaming will kill the battery quick.
    02-14-13 01:54 AM
    I had the same problem but the easiest fix I found was to bring screen brightness down to 50% and to run the phone on HSPA instead of 4GLTE. Now my battery lasts throughout the day compared to 2-3 hours when I first got the phone.
    02-14-13 02:42 AM
    I had the same problem but the easiest fix I found was to bring screen brightness down to 50% and to run the phone on HSPA instead of 4GLTE. Now my battery lasts throughout the day compared to 2-3 hours when I first got the phone.
    My point is whats the point in having an lte phone if you cant use it no disrespect thats why im sticking to my note 2 day n a half later im still at 33 %
    04-07-13 10:01 AM
    This might sound silly but from reading all the post about how conditioning the battery will make it last longer, why doesn't the manufacturer precondition it before send it with the phone? Would it make sense to sell the phone with a battery that's working in the optimal state? At least it would stop a lot of negative comments about the battery dying too soon.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 10:24 AM
    I get about 3.5 hours in full charge but that is with nonstop/continual/never put the phone down use. I'm okay with that.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 10:30 AM
    You've been gaming and texting on it for the last 3 hours. No **** it's dead.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 11:41 AM
    My battery is shocking. I put it in my locker at work other day at 7.30 & wen I came to pick it up at 12.30 it was red, what's that all about. So nxt day I got 2 work turned it off 4 the same hours & wen I turned it on it was red.........
    05-21-13 10:52 AM
    I have the battery charger bundle. Best thing ever.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 11:13 AM
    I think it may be a signal issue. Where I live, signal is terrible and my Z10 last for only 10 hours. But when i traveled overseas where the signal is great, my phone passed 12 hours and the battery is still above 50%.
    05-21-13 11:17 AM
    It is. LTE connecting and disconnecting will kill your battery in record time.

Posted via Z10... a white one
    05-21-13 11:20 AM
    Conditioning the battery doesn't do anything. In the old NiCad Batteries it was necessary but with Li-ion batteries it doesn't do anything. This has been documented and proven several times.
    05-21-13 11:26 AM
    I've had my phone for exactly a week now and my battery still svcks.
    I didn't 'condition' my battery when I first got it, so maybe that's why, but I was wondering if there are any other alternatives.
    I charged it to about 80% 3 hours ago and I've been playing games/texting on it eversince and it died on me just now.
    That sucks for battery life, imo.
    Anyone got any advice?
    Think about it. You're using your phone like it was a tablet or a laptop, but are not allowing for its limitations due to size.

I understand the heavy use. BlackBerry has made this phone so functional and easy to use that I find myself reaching for it over a desktop, laptop, or even a tablet. It's with me, comes on instantly and is just so handy.

I find that when I am involved in other projects that limit my phone use to that of a primarily a phone, the battery life is quite good.

This past weekend I went camping and found myself busy and stuck on the Edge network. I still used the phone for some limited browsing, texting, calling, email, and the occasional spreadsheet, but it was much less than when I'm in the office.

In this environment, the battery lasted for 38 hours without charging or switching out batteries.

I do carry a spare battery, and recommend that everyone do so - that's part of the beauty of BlackBerry - the ability to keep moving.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 11:28 AM
    Try the 1880 leak
    Superb on battery compared to any other os for me.
    I always had average to bad bat, since the leak 1880, superb!
    05-21-13 11:36 AM
    As typical a few hundred threads now on the same battery issue. Look at and study the prior threads. Unlike most of these earlier threads, however, a little more acceptance and sanity in the postings relative to thus very real issue.

1) Z Battery is poorer than would be expected for this type of phone (and indeed Q has larger one);

2) Conditioning for a Z batt is a "wives tale" but it may take a few days to update personal data and the user often takes a few days to change settings, loading apps., etc. for more efficiency. It is hard not to drain the battery and not to fully charge...but not necessary and may even slightly damage this battery.

3) To continue from 2, refer to numerous other threads for procedures settings that will wring an extra couple hours (for most users). If you are using factory settings, some fudging with settings should garner 25-35%+ increase in MTBC.

4) No one, and no matter what other's may say, is going to get in excess of four hours with constant usage, as you appear to indicate us your usage. And, BTW this is in line with IOS devices and just short, but comparable, also with Droid. Refer to earlier post herein referring to thus phenom. So, expect 6-8 hrs with a moderate to heavy usage rate but less with constant usage.

5) Finally, it is possible, albeit extremely unlikely, that replacing the battery (now, as still new) will increase your average life to recharge.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 12:25 PM
    Uninstall the eBay app (from app world) if by any chance that was installed. Folks on this forum have confirmed that it drains the crap out of the battery!
    05-24-13 11:06 PM