If this is true, does it mean I can use BBM with a just valid working SIM card? I understand with iOS and Android, you can use the phones without even a data plan as long as you are in Wifi. Does it also applicable for BBM in Z10?

Thanks.
    anon(2523636) likes this.
    02-28-13 05:48 PM
    Yes, no BIS required, and you can use BBM WITHOUT a SIM at all. Only a valid BBID and wifi connection is required.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR and sheeraz_aa like this.
    02-28-13 06:09 PM
    for real? no SIM required? wow, now I am curious to buy Z10 when the price goes down a bit, probably in summer.

Does it mean legacy BB (OS 7, 6) can use BBM without BIS as well? just wifi and BBID?
    02-28-13 08:40 PM
    for real? no SIM required? wow, now I am curious to buy Z10 when the price goes down a bit, probably in summer.

Does it mean legacy BB (OS 7, 6) can use BBM without BIS as well? just wifi and BBID?
    Yeah tried it with the wife's new white Z10 today. Ran the setup, entered her BBID, opened BBM and it asked about if she wanted to move her BBM service to the new device. After we had a BBM video chat with her in wifi and me on LTE. No SIM in her z10, ever. Works perfectly.

I doubt it, legacy devices will likely always require a BIS plan. Though I guess they could rewrite BBM to avoid BIS as happens in BB10, but really why would they?

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 10:02 PM
    Yes, no BIS required, and you can use BBM WITHOUT a SIM at all. Only a valid BBID and wifi connection is required.

Posted via CB10
    yep...i discovered that too when i swapped out my sim card and still saw the red led flashing to my amazement... i was like
    02-28-13 10:08 PM