Google reminds me of MOM in World of Goo if anyone knows what I'm referring to, although World of Goo is just a hypothetical and a game at that, but Google is MOM to me and wants to control every aspect of how I live and it shouldn't be let to control our lives!!!

Posted via CB10
    That's exactly what Google is, like there always looking over your shoulder.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 10:33 PM
    Plus Google seems to have a better relationship with banks worldwide than BlackBerry, culminating in the many banking apps for Android, and the very few for BlackBerry.
    How is that statement even logical? You don't think that has more to do with the fact that android has been around for 5+ years and has over 900 million activations, because that makes a lot more sense to me.

Also, bank apps are wrapped html5 websites, so it's still the secure on the banks end. If a malicious app on the other had can record and read your keyboard stokes. There's your bank info.(not saying it happens, just an example).

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 10:37 PM
    If blackberry really wants to slow google hangouts down, all they have to do is release bbm + channels for iOS, android, wp, and bb10, not slow it complelety but it would help.

I personally don't like using anything google.
    Me too! Except Google Map (sometimes), Google's products do not appeal to me. Gmail is never organized (I realize it from my wife's account), I don't have Gmail account and don't understand it is quite popular. Google Docs are something like cartoon, not as professional as Microsoft's. Google Chrome always disables the functionality of my Yahoo mail on the Web page. Google Chrome is nothing better than the worst browser Safari. The most important I do go for Google is their ways of doing business, stealing and selling users' info to advertisers without their permission. So I won't use Google Hangouts or Android phones, no matter how many cool features they have.

Posted via CB10 on my adorable Z10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    05-16-13 10:39 PM
    Hmmmmm so here's what I don't like. I think Hangouts is a nice Idea. It definitely sucks that it came out before BBM went officially cross platform. But I don't think it will hurt it. But Google is pissing off a lot of people by no longer supporting older apps like g-talk. I can see it already. Get-talk will soon no longer work with legacy BlackBerry devices. It's already causing issues. People are loosing basic IM functionality on hangouts. You can no longer set a status. Messages aren't going through between hangouts and gtalk. It really irritates me. The simple functionality of gtalk on my 9900 really worked well for me. I don't need it to share pictures or do video. I don't really see Google developing for BB10 either. Which means we will have to deal with a ****ty android sideload.

BlackBerry needs to come out with an email client. That would kick so much ***. Once BBM went cross platform I would drop all Google services completely. Except search and translate. BBM Channels looks promising.
    05-27-13 02:18 PM
29 12