I have never thought about this until now. I have two questions. First there use to be a settings to use a fixed picture as a BBM contact so no matter what they changed it to it would not change. The second question was we also use to be able to add non BBM contacts to our BBM so we could see them all in one place. Are both of these gone now? Here's the thing I was showing off my phone to some fairly important people at our company and one of my personal contacts BBM picture changed to something quite inappropriate. I nothing to do with it but it was a bit uncomfortable to say the least. Which is also a reasons I would have liked for personal use to have the ability to switch to work mode on our devices.
    03-07-13 06:52 AM
    I would also like to know about regular SMS texting through BBM on BB10. as far as BBM contact picture I thought it was solely the discretion of the contact themselves
    03-07-13 07:13 AM
    Yeah... Me too...
    I thought the only thing we can change on the bbm contacts is their name so that it will be fixed irregardless how many names or fonts they use..
    But not display pictures and status.
    03-07-13 07:17 AM
    I find that will become a problem as once it's rolled out to the states and business sectors. It also precludes me from keeping BBM running on screen as I can't trust what will or won't show up.
    03-07-13 07:23 AM
    This is one of the reasons people prefer PIN messaging > bbm.

The good news, is if you pay attention, there is many many mentions of pin messaging throughout the os. So while it currently isn't possible, I do think pin messaging will return.
    03-07-13 07:29 AM
    This is one of the reasons people prefer PIN messaging > bbm.

The good news, is if you pay attention, there is many many mentions of pin messaging throughout the os. So while it currently isn't possible, I do think pin messaging will return.
    I hope sooo....
    for me BBM is just a private (friends & Family) thing. Pin2Pin is for work etc.
    03-07-13 07:31 AM
    Yeah this was a little not well thought out with thats aspect of the new BBM.
    03-07-13 07:34 AM
    FYI - In your Contact's, go to your contact hit edit and adjust the picture. I'm not sure this will work, but I did notice this was different from the old OS's. But I feel your pain.
    Steve Rizla likes this.
    03-07-13 07:37 AM
    No Drano that will just change your contact pictures no your BBM updates but thank you.
    03-07-13 07:44 AM
    Yeah... Me too...
    I thought the only thing we can change on the bbm contacts is their name so that it will be fixed irregardless how many names or fonts they use..
    But not display pictures and status.
    Pet peeve of mine is that word, irregardless because it isn't a word. It is regardless. Had to say something.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 08:10 AM
    set your contacts that show to something else like favorites or sim instead of all so they don't show up while you are at work or showing your phone off.
    03-07-13 08:53 AM
    I did this .in edit your contacts you have the option tyo delete the picture
    03-07-13 12:08 PM