Been having a problem with BBM ever since I got it (18/2/2013).

It works for a moment and as soon as I leave the phone alone it goes off again, although the browser and everything else works fine.

I already did a security wipe but still the same thing happens. Whenever it goes off I have to turn off the data service and turn it on again. I have also removed the battery and sim for a few minutes like the carrier adviced but nothing new happened.

Any way to get this problem fixed? My carrier said that the problem isn't on their side and can't think of anything else.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 03:53 PM
    umm, strange,
    how do you know it turns off? are you just not receiving BBM's? are you sure they are being sent to you?
    02-24-13 04:07 PM
    Are you on wifi when you loose it? There a couple threads about some countries limiting the BBM to cellular only for security reasons.
    02-24-13 04:19 PM
    umm, strange,
    how do you know it turns off? are you just not receiving BBM's? are you sure they are being sent to you?
    I know it's off coz when I send something I get the signal shape and don't receive anything. I'm sure coz I ask my brother to send me something to make sure and he just gets the tick

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 04:23 PM
    Are you on wifi when you loose it? There a couple threads about some countries limiting the BBM to cellular only for security reasons.
    Wifi is off, even with Wifi on the same thing happens

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 04:25 PM
    Bump

Posted via CB10
    02-25-13 04:45 AM
    How do you get it "back on" again ?
    02-25-13 04:50 AM
    How do you get it "back on" again ?
    I have to turn off the data service then on again

Posted via CB10
    02-25-13 05:08 AM
    Well at least yours comes back on. Three days my BBM is totally unfunctional.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-13 06:21 AM
    My BBM stops working as soon as the wifi is on and starts working again as soon as the wifi is off.....dunno if this bit of info helps you..
    02-25-13 06:23 AM
    I did have some issues with messages not going through. They would sit with a checkmark but no D for delivered. After about 20 min the check would turn to a red X indicating that it was not delivered. Of interest during that time I would receive BBM from the person that I wanted to contact. I just couldn't reply. Seems to resolve on its own, or after a restart. Turning data services off and on, or re sending the BBM didn't work.

It had happened sporadically, but fortunately BBM works more often than not.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-13 08:52 AM
    I have this exact problem.. have u gotten a solution? Anyone else?

Posted via CB10
    02-25-13 08:54 AM
    Wife has same issue, she is from an Android device so she is really finding this annoying. Her comments to me (who forced her into BB10 ) " what is the point in having this BBM if I have to keep checking to see if the damn messages actually went through, didn't happen on my GS2 when texting" She is right this is an issue. She is on cell service no wifi and it just drops some BBM messages. I BBM her from down stairs at home, I didn't get the D on my message to her, went up stairs and sure enough nothing on her Z10. (I'm on 9900, cell service) sent another to her and this time she got it but the first message I sent to this day has no showed up. Not good Blackberry not good.
    Disappearing message on BBM.
    02-25-13 09:17 AM
    For the past couple of days I've been having the issues mentioned in this thread, and it's getting rather annoying. Today has been much worse, I've had to restart and/or turn off the Radios 5 or 6 times now.

I do not use wifi (there is no need, I have full 4g signal, which is quicker than my home wifi), and as I just stated, I always have full 4g signal. Browser, email, everything else that uses data is just fine, but BBM's just stop sending, and then after a few minutes I get a red X. Or sometimes a message will not send, but I will get a message from that same contact, and then the next message I send will go through.

Never had issues with BBM (apart from that big outage) in the past 5 years I've had various BB's....but now they've got rid of BIS....ugh.
    02-25-13 10:20 AM
    Unfortunately I'm still looking for a solution, for now just have to keep on checking and turn the data service off and on. *sigh*

Posted via CB10
    02-25-13 02:19 PM
    This should be made as a sticky.. well atleast until a solution can be found. Im having the issue right now as i type this message. Last status update from any of my bbm contacts was 54minutes ago.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-13 07:07 PM
    My friend had this issue, he called his provider and sorry I can't get a hold of him now but he said he either had BIS on his account and had them take it off or didn't have BIS and got it added. I think it was the first one, only a select few carriers (Bell in Canada is one) that BIS can be on even though I'm not sure if it actually does anything.

Whoever set up the phone may have a decent the mistake, I got mine activated at best buy (I had a BlackBerry before but long story with telus now I'm on bell) and the employee did it wrong and I missed a step so I had to call bell and hot BIS on my account.

If this doesn't help, don't yell at me yell at my friend.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-13 07:45 PM
    Also ignore the auto correct typos

Posted via CB10
    02-25-13 07:47 PM
    i had the same problem with my 9900 when i first got it
    i didnt do anything, it fixed itself after a while.
    02-25-13 07:50 PM
    Also note it took him about a day to see the change.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-13 07:51 PM
    Someone has got to have a solution to this problem.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-13 09:04 PM
    Any update on this?

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 09:09 AM
    Any update on this?

Posted via CB10
    Who's your carrier?

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 09:18 AM
    no solution here, but contact your carrier. You guys may need the BIS provisioning on your account before it can run properly.
    02-27-13 09:31 AM
    no solution here, but contact your carrier. You guys may need the BIS provisioning on your account before it can run properly.
    Yes I'm almost positive that's the problem, I mentioned it earlier but it was looked over I guess.

Regardless, it isn't a problem with the Z10 itself.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 09:51 AM
42 12