When receiving a BBM message for the first time, the phone notifies me accordingly with my chosen ring tone however, once I get in to the chat no further notifications are received. For example, the cat starts, I hear the notification and off we go, getting back and forth watching eachothers notifications of received, read and so on and so forth however, if I put the phone down and say become engrossed in an email, or conversation with someone, a while might pass before I think to pick up the phone again, during which time further messages have been received within the same chat, but no audible notifications altered me to them, as my 9800 did so well.

What I have noticed is that if I close the BBM app, the next message within the same chat that comes through, offers a notification alert, but this is wholly impracticable to do after every chat session !!

I'm sure it's o[perator error, so please can someone advise me where I'm doing wrong - thanks in advance.
    04-10-13 01:49 PM
    When receiving a BBM message for the first time, the phone notifies me accordingly with my chosen ring tone however, once I get in to the chat no further notifications are received. For example, the cat starts, I hear the notification and off we go, getting back and forth watching eachothers notifications of received, read and so on and so forth however, if I put the phone down and say become engrossed in an email, or conversation with someone, a while might pass before I think to pick up the phone again, during which time further messages have been received within the same chat, but no audible notifications altered me to them, as my 9800 did so well.

What I have noticed is that if I close the BBM app, the next message within the same chat that comes through, offers a notification alert, but this is wholly impracticable to do after every chat session !!

I'm sure it's o[perator error, so please can someone advise me where I'm doing wrong - thanks in advance.
    I have not witnessed this issue... However, I use the hub and not the app.. I only use the app to update my status or to add a contact.... anyways... I tried it out and it works perfectly fine.. i wish I could help
    04-10-13 02:03 PM
    Can you?

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    04-10-13 02:22 PM
    I haven't come across this, sometimes I get annoyed with the phone sounds every single bbm i get, some of my friends type 1 word and enter and then do the same thing.

I can leave the chat and app open, or close the chat and leave the app open or have it all closed down and I still get all audible notifications
    04-10-13 02:26 PM
    I haven't come across this, sometimes I get annoyed with the phone sounds every single bbm i get, some of my friends type 1 word and enter and then do the same thing.

I can leave the chat and app open, or close the chat and leave the app open or have it all closed down and I still get all audible notifications
    In this case I must have my setting out of kilter, or I have a duff phone, as for the life of me, I can't see which settings need to be tweaked ;-(
    04-10-13 02:50 PM
    I was under the impression that if I was 'in a conversation', i.e. on the BBM page and in the conversation itself, it wouldn't notify me with a sound. I guess, why would it, you're already on the said page.

But, like you said, if you are NOT on said conversation page, it does. Albeit no matter what, I get a red LED notification. (I primarily use silent and LED notifications).

I hope someone can clear this up for you...
    04-10-13 02:57 PM