I look over the threads and couldn't see anything about the bbm not working on the BlackBerry z10. If there is, please redirect me. I am not sure if it is software related or hardware but I can't receive or send bbm. I call Telus for troubleshooting the issue and on their end... everything works fine. They even did reset the network. Battery pull, reboot was also performed. All my other apps and my internet are working fine. When sending a bbm, it will stay with the little clock icon. On the other end people sending me bbm says they are seeing the delivered icon appeared on their device. While me still waiting to receive and never get it. Please help!

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-09-13 02:59 PM
    I got nothing.....(replying to keep it up there for you)
    02-09-13 03:39 PM
    Did you just switch from another OS(Android/iOS)? Blackberry uses a different data plan so you have to ask your carrier to switch
    02-09-13 03:46 PM
    Upgraded from a bold 9900. I never had any issues before. First time ever I'm having this issue. I didn't have to change my plan. Since this new bb10 runs on data and no bis... If I have internet working, bbm should work also. At least that's my understanding

02-09-13 05:21 PM
    same here,

every thing(even mail) is working fine over cellular but the bbm only works when im connected to a wifi network.
    i just called the carrier and stopped the BIS plan since the BB10 doesn't need it anymore, however, even before calling them bbm didn't work.

i upgraded from bold9900 to z10
    02-09-13 07:51 PM
    Rimm fails again.
    02-10-13 12:02 AM
    same here,

every thing(even mail) is working fine over cellular but the bbm only works when im connected to a wifi network.
    i just called the carrier and stopped the BIS plan since the BB10 doesn't need it anymore, however, even before calling them bbm didn't work.

i upgraded from bold9900 to z10
    Same here!!!
    02-10-13 12:15 AM
    My BBM is working fine for me on my Z10

02-10-13 01:08 AM
    02-10-13 08:08 AM
    Did you just switch from another OS(Android/iOS)? Blackberry uses a different data plan so you have to ask your carrier to switch
    This is incorrect. The new Blackberries do not require a blackberry plan
    02-10-13 08:10 AM
    Rimm fails again.
    That's productive. One guy has issues and "RIM fails" yet many others have it working fine?
    SJC1 and w_jjhr5 like this.
    02-10-13 08:11 AM
    Check and see if you have mistakenly turned off your data.

02-10-13 09:55 AM
    Check this, go to setting/About/category (Choose Network) notice the three dots in the right side corner down click that and press (Register Blackberry)

This worked for me earlier when I took it.

02-10-13 10:03 AM
    Thank you guys for all the comments. At last I was about to return my Z10... but I took a last breathe and plug the device to BlackBerry Link. Worst happened when I had a pop up reading... "Error your device might not work properly". I gathered the box and receipt and left the house. The device was connected on the network and wifi at the same time. It lost the wifi connection as I entered my car... And all of the sudden all my bbm started to come in. joy and tears came to my face. Since then, my z10 had been working very well. I'm not sure but maybe there was a glitch with my wifi. There for I would suggest to turn off wifi first or reset it as it work for me. Thanks again!
    b320, alan510 and bluetroll like this.
    02-10-13 10:53 AM
    happy for you, Enjoy it
    02-10-13 12:52 PM
    I think sometimes there's a bug that causes issues between wife and cell.

I've had a somewhat similar problem.

Glad you figured it out. Z10 is amazing!

02-10-13 12:57 PM
    Congratulations,,,

For me its not working yet!!

I did a security swipe but didn't help.

i notsed somthing weird, when i sign in through BlackBerry Link, it tells me that my ID has no blackberry 10 device associated with ny ID!!!

02-10-13 11:28 PM
    I have a contact that can see I am available for a video chat, but I can not see him. His wife can see him available, but he can't see her. We all have the z10. Seems a bit inconsistent.

I didn't need to video chat his ugly face anyway so I am ok with that
    02-11-13 07:59 AM
    Thank you guys for all the comments. At last I was about to return my Z10... but I took a last breathe and plug the device to BlackBerry Link. Worst happened when I had a pop up reading... "Error your device might not work properly". I gathered the box and receipt and left the house. The device was connected on the network and wifi at the same time. It lost the wifi connection as I entered my car... And all of the sudden all my bbm started to come in. joy and tears came to my face. Since then, my z10 had been working very well. I'm not sure but maybe there was a glitch with my wifi. There for I would suggest to turn off wifi first or reset it as it work for me. Thanks again!
    Joy and tears ... a happy BlackBerry 10 user at last. This made me laugh.
    02-12-13 04:07 AM
    Congratulations,,,

For me its not working yet!!

I did a security swipe but didn't help.

i notsed somthing weird, when i sign in through BlackBerry Link, it tells me that my ID has no blackberry 10 device associated with ny ID!!!

The association in BlackBerry Link applies to features provided by BlackBerry Link. If you have doubt that your BlackBerry 10 device has successfully associated with your BlackBerry ID, please go to appworld.blackberry.com on your computer and login with your BlackBerry ID. Your device's PIN should appear at the top once you sign in.

If multiple built-in apps and services appear to be weird on your device, please consider reloading your full OS instead of wiping.
    02-12-13 04:11 AM
    I had the same problem on Zain KSA then I had them cancel my BIS and 24hrs later it began to work...
    02-12-13 05:29 AM
    I had the same problem but solved by cancelling my BIS subscription. It worked perfectly after that
    02-13-13 04:06 PM
    My BBM is working properly. I switched from an iPhone 5 and did not change my data plan.
    02-13-13 04:09 PM
    Hey, I've been having this problem too. I have to restart the phone to fix it. Annoying.
    02-14-13 09:35 AM
    When I picked up my Z10 from the Bell store here, they activated it. I took it home, range thru the setup process, ran thru Link to transfer my data, (another story, another thread), and was discouraged that my BBM contacts didn't come thru. But about 10 minutes later they all showed up. My understanding is they were downloaded to my Z10 once my BBID was recognized on a new device.

Now BBM is working fine for me. I've even used it to have a voice chat with my family separated by 11 time zones. No longer distance, just a clear, clean voice connection. (Tried the BBM video chat but she was in a country with low-speed Internet, insufficient for using the the cam.)
    02-14-13 10:17 AM
52 123