Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By npisano
  • 1 Post By MattUK
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BBM In Landscape?

Hi Guys

Can someone pls confirm this?
    Earlier i was googleing and came across a post that someone wrote stating that BBM "cannot" be used in landscape mode, that it was portrait only,and i cant find the post again, My GF has a 9860 torch and says really thats a deal breaker for her to upgrade at this time. She states that her phone is in landscape mode 75+% wether its texting sms or browsing the net she is always in landscape. I tried to answer this for her buy watching videos but there is not much out there describing landscape.
    Can we list here what is or not working in landscape?
    what about the Home screen?
    thx Keith
    CrackBerry Abuser

I don't have my Z10 yet, so just going by another post. In another thread, someone mentioned you can use BBM in landscape mode if you access it via the HUB and not via the BBM app. I hope that helps.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Why would you like to add 26 years old guy?

Quote Originally Posted by npisano View Post
    I don't have my Z10 yet, so just going by another post. In another thread, someone mentioned you can use BBM in landscape mode if you access it via the HUB and not via the BBM app. I hope that helps.
    Yes I can confirm this
    Nokia 3310> Nokia 8210> Nokia 1110> Nokia 7610> Nokia N95> iPhone 3G> Nokia N900> Blackberry 9700> Blackberry 9900 White> Blackberry Z10

I believed in Blackberry Z10 and now a proud owner of it

For all those people who try to talk about how good their phone or OS is, listen, if they were so 'amazing' then I would have left BB long ago and CB would be dead by now. Point is not that I believe I made the best choice among all available phones but I made a choice which serves me best!!!
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Quote Originally Posted by npisano View Post

hi thx
    but no it dont help. sounds kind of strange that the app itself is not landscape. what about typing? i can understand going through the BBM in portrait but what about after i selected a contact and went into the message field, can we then turn the phone to landscape to type the message?
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN

Yes app is not landscape. Lets say if you open the app and go to chat from there, you wont be able to chat in landscape mode, but if you open a BBM chat from Hub, then you will be able to type in landscape mode.
    Nokia 3310> Nokia 8210> Nokia 1110> Nokia 7610> Nokia N95> iPhone 3G> Nokia N900> Blackberry 9700> Blackberry 9900 White> Blackberry Z10

For all those people who try to talk about how good their phone or OS is, listen, if they were so 'amazing' then I would have left BB long ago and CB would be dead by now. Point is not that I believe I made the best choice among all available phones but I made a choice which serves me best!!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    467 Global Posts

Personally, I think in Landscape mode you lose too much of the conversation.. so its not so good.. portrait lets you see more of that essential chat with those wonderful flirty BBMers
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Z10 Away! - Feel free to thank or like any post* that has helped (or hindered)

*My postings & comments are my opinion alone, and are not representative of any other company or organisation.
    donmateo likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN

I have my landscape mode turned over anywa, will use it for video only I guess

CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Thx guys.
    This just all makes no sense to me or my GF. That's like only having portrait on the playbook. Who the heck would want that. You think this is something that can be changed with a update. Any input from anyone actually using a z10?
    Thx
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN

I'm not getting what are you not understanding here. You can use landscape mode for chatting and I'm sure that they will change it in future but I don't know why you want to use BBM in landscape mode apart from chatting. And just for your kind information Mattuk and myself both own Z10. Anything else you or your girlfriend not getting?

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    910 Global Posts

DaNii1985 is correct. Landscape isn't implemented unless you are in the Hub. Strange that it isn't when you launch BBM itself. That said - it is useless in landscape as DaNii1985 states (displays so little of the conversation (Font size is 8 here) that IMO I would never use it in Landscape orientation. Here are some screenshots (huge!) of the same conversations so you can see how things are seen in portrait/landscape with/without the keyboard displayed.

Portrait without keyboard:

Portrait with keyboard:

Landscape without keyboard:

Landscape with keyboard:

Thanked by:
    cjcampbell (02-03-2013) 
    CrackBerry Addict

but some people like to type in landscape. this is somewhat of a turn down as i type landscape in bbm almost all the time. can you at least scroll up and down the convo when in landscape mode with keyboard out?
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfern View Post
    but some people like to type in landscape. this is somewhat of a turn down as i type landscape in bbm almost all the time. can you at least scroll up and down the convo when in landscape mode with keyboard out?
    You mean you didn't liked how much screen cut off when you type in landscape mode?

CrackBerry Addict

i am fine with the cutoff as long as we can scroll up and down the chat when its in landscape with keyboard, like in 9860
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfern View Post
    i am fine with the cutoff as long as we can scroll up and down the chat when its in landscape with keyboard, like in 9860
    I'm with you on this. i'm perfectly fine with scrolling in portrait. Looking at contacts, picking a contact, but then flipping it to write the message and send.... then when the message comes back scroll through the message read it, flip and reply...
    but i guess the good part is that its said landscape "does" work out of the hub, i guess most messages will be replied to from the hub, it will be the initial starter message that will come from the app itself. so i guess 50% of the time it will be portrail only.
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

thx, pics look great. cant wait anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by BrizzadMan View Post
    DaNii1985 is correct. Landscape isn't implemented unless you are in the Hub. Strange that it isn't when you launch BBM itself. That said - it is useless in landscape as DaNii1985 states (displays so little of the conversation (Font size is 8 here) that IMO I would never use it in Landscape orientation. Here are some screenshots (huge!) of the same conversations so you can see how things are seen in portrait/landscape with/without the keyboard displayed.

Portrait without keyboard:

http://i.imgur.com/RQqX7Ns.png

Portrait with keyboard:

http://i.imgur.com/ikPzVms.png

Landscape without keyboard:

http://i.imgur.com/rMLkw31.png

Landscape with keyboard:

http://i.imgur.com/ZECUYbJ.png
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN

Guys trust me, you get used to of Hub so much that you don't usually go to BBM app to reply messages. I am so used to of Hub now that last night I found myself swapping my thumb on 9900's screen to go into Hub and then I laughed at myself