I just received my first invite yesterday evening on my new z10. I am now part of the PGA Tour group and I am stoked.

I could not for the life of me figure out what I was doing wrong. So only thing I changed was the type of data plan I was using on T Mobile USA, I switched from a classic unlimited data plan to a blackberry data plan, so I am thinking it does have something to do with the BBM functioning properly.

As I said, I am new the Blackberry platform and this is the first experience with BBM and now that's its working, I couldn't be happier. Just thought I would pass it along.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 03:40 AM
    hmmm... the new Z10 doesn't require the traditional BIS plan anymore... weird that it did not work with the regular plan. Mine is working on what this carrier (digicel) terms a "non BB plan" more so an android plan (which i activated on my note then swapped the sim into the Z10...changed the APN setting to that of the carrier and works no problem!

For BB10 and BBM, all you need is BlackBerry ID and wifi (minimum) --> sim card is not even required!
    03-19-13 03:43 AM
    Well, I have had the z10 for two weeks and have been signed in with my BlackBerry ID using my home wi-fi and I could never receive a BBM invite.

I changed my plan to the BlackBerry plan on Saturday evening and I just received the first invite last nite. So the only thing I changed was the plan I was on.

I could also been the fact that the z10 has not been officially released on T Mobile here yet except for business plans, maybe the network is finally modified for the new z10 because of the release later this month. At least it's working now.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 03:57 AM
    There is definitely some form of blackberry plan. When I called EE on an unrelated matter the guy said something along the lines of "Did you upgrade to a blackberry z10? I just need to add you to the BlackBerry data plan, and you should have better data something or other" (obviously he didn't say something or other and I didn't really care at that point to ask specifics.)

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 04:53 AM