Same here, it used to work :-(

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 05:03 PM
    I can tell you from experience that the phone requires assigned services with the carrier for BBM. It's a long story but there are scenarios for how the services got assigned to the device.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 05:46 PM
    I have had same problem within the last 24 hrs,

my solution was

Turn of phone
    Remove sim card
    Turn on phone
    Leave for 15 Minutes (Wifi On)

Check BBM it should work now

Shut phone down
    Put Sim back in
    turn on (Wait for blackberry icon)
    (Top right next to carrier signal)

All working now

(Basic settings for me)

Three UK
    No Blackberry Internet Service just normal data bolt on
    please note I have found it best to have auto update of time switched off
    03-07-13 10:51 PM
    @collin07716

This actually worked for me. However, after I put the SIM back in it only worked for 2 minutes and I got the error message again.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 01:12 AM
    Problem is solved!

This is what happened:

When I bought the Z10 I still had the BIS active from my Bold 9900. I used BBM with my new Z10. One day later I canceled BIS which also must have deleted the Z10 registration.

They now reconfigured the service and everything is working again as usual.

I guess new Blackberry users aren't affected only users with BIS plans. Or maybe BIS needs to be deactivated before the Z10 is registered. What I don't understand though is why it worked for a week.

Posted via CB10
    scorepion likes this.
    03-08-13 04:22 AM
    Problem is solved!

This is what happened:

When I bought the Z10 I still had the BIS active from my Bold 9900. I used BBM with my new Z10. One day later I canceled BIS which also must have deleted the Z10 registration.

They now reconfigured the service and everything is working again as usual.

I guess new Blackberry users aren't affected only users with BIS plans. Or maybe BIS needs to be deactivated before the Z10 is registered. What I don't understand though is why it worked for a week.

Posted via CB10
    Cool, I just got the same answer from my provider...

the problem was that my sim was already in the device when I switched from a BlackBerry plan to a normal data plan. So when they deactivated the BlackBerry services that where linked to my sim, it didn't get reactivated on the normal plan for my sim...

I'm happy now :-)

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 01:03 PM
    OK, I spoke too soon I think... I'm having the same problem again, but here's another possible culprit:

My provider probably does not allow BBM using their apn (as they are not officially supporting the Z10 yet), so I will have to call them to let BBM through.
    Another provider in my country (Proximus) had the same problem and calling them seemingly fixed it (read it on http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post8086225).

I'll give that a try tomorrow as now it's too late to call them...
    03-11-13 02:50 AM
    OK, I spoke too soon I think... I'm having the same problem again, but here's another possible culprit:

My provider probably does not allow BBM using their apn (as they are not officially supporting the Z10 yet), so I will have to call them to let BBM through.
    Another provider in my country (Proximus) had the same problem and calling them seemingly fixed it (read it on http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post8086225).

I'll give that a try tomorrow as now it's too late to call them...
    am in belgium too were u able to fix the problem? my network provider is base,d first day i set up my z10.it worked fine without sim including bbm den.d second day i had to put my sim in because bbm stopped working my main problem now is when home and connected to wifi.everything works fine but when am out nothing works i called my service provider and i was told to had money to my phone befor my bbm plan cld work didnt have to do this with.my old BB.....so if u were able to fix ur problem please help!!!!!
    03-11-13 02:58 AM
    am in belgium too were u able to fix the problem? my network provider is base,d first day i set up my z10.it worked fine without sim including bbm den.d second day i had to put my sim in because bbm stopped working my main problem now is when home and connected to wifi.everything works fine but when am out nothing works i called my service provider and i was told to had money to my phone befor my bbm plan cld work didnt have to do this with.my old BB.....so if u were able to fix ur problem please help!!!!!
    Yes it got fixed. I'm also with base, you have to switch your data plan from a BlackBerry plan to a normal data plan. Also let them know you need bbm to work with this plan

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 09:59 AM
    Hi guys...
    Same thing here. Received my Z10 about three weeks ago. BBM worked like a charm. Few hours ago it stopped working. Got the same message as the other users.

Contacted my Provider ( also Swisscom) they did a reset on my simcard, but still no luck.
    03-11-13 02:10 PM
    @NormTNC

A simple SIM card reset won't help. Call them again to escalate your case to the Blackberry Helpdesk at Swisscom. They need to reactivate your Blackberry device again, it has nothing to do with the SIM card.

Posted via CB10
    scorepion likes this.
    03-11-13 03:47 PM
    Thanx will try in the morning.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 04:06 PM
    So i tried with swisscom this morning and the tech said everythings fine. They can't help me out because it's a problem with Blackberry and that i have to call their hotline which costs 30.-/15min.

Thanx will try in the morning.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 04:35 AM
    Ok, now after a few calls with other techs from swisscom they got it to work. New registration of the device, battery pull now everythings fine for now. The guy said it's a common problem with the new Z10 on the swisscom network and that they are working on it. thank you guys for the support.
    03-12-13 04:52 AM
    @NormTNC

Glad it worked! I don't think it's a device-related problem. To me it seems more like a bug in the provisioning systems by Blackberry. They just forgot about the fact that there are actually people changing from an active BIS plan to a NON-BIS plan.
    03-13-13 06:09 AM
    The carrier assigns the services to the device. How is this considered BlackBerry problem?

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 07:43 AM
    Believe me it is. By design when BIS service is disabled the subscriber doesn't get deleted on Blackberry servers, it's simply disabled which prevents further activation attempts from devices.
    03-14-13 12:54 AM
    Nope. If the services get disabled. This information is relayed to the BlackBerry infrastructure. Then the device does not have permission to use services that go through. BlackBerry. Ie BBM, protect, etc

Posted via CB10
    der_mit likes this.
    03-14-13 07:26 AM
    That's exactly what I just said.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 11:33 AM
    That's exactly what I just said.

Posted via CB10
    My bad. Thought you were indicating data still works just no new activation/regiatration

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 11:38 AM
45 12