Hi Guys,

Is it just me or is there an issue with resizing a picture for bbm display picture on the Z10.
    Everytime i select a picture and i want to resize or zoom out, nothing seems to happen and i cant edit the picture.

Can somebody please help, or explain if I have missed out on something obvious here.

Thanks in advance.
    02-17-13 01:43 AM
    Hi sleekster

Sounds weird. I'm able to do this on mine with no issues.

Have you tried using a different picture and see if the result is different?

Setting a BBM picture:

>drag picture to move it's position
    >pinch to zoom to resize
    >press "Done" to finish

Posted via CB10
    02-17-13 04:32 AM
    Hi Guys,

Is it just me or is there an issue with resizing a picture for bbm display picture on the Z10.
    Everytime i select a picture and i want to resize or zoom out, nothing seems to happen and i cant edit the picture.

Can somebody please help, or explain if I have missed out on something obvious here.

Thanks in advance.
    Hi! Yup, apparently we can only zoom in, not zoom out. That really sucks.
    02-17-13 05:39 AM
    Not sure if this will help but when I tried to set a GIF image as a phone contact image, it would not resize, pan, or crop due ti the format. I had no problems when I used JPG, BMP, and PNG so maybe try that.

Maybe you can help me with my BBM problem. I posted a thread in another section but no one has replied yet. How do you set an image to BBM? I linked to the phonebook contact entry which has an image but BBM doesn't seem to pick it up. So I'm trying to set it directly to the image in my photo album.
    02-17-13 06:55 AM
    Hi sgt_snacks-64,

Well that's the thing !!! I cant pinch the image. It moves and returns back to its original state.
    And also when i pinch and click done, it says failed to crop image. I dont get it... very frustrating.

Thanks though.
    Last edited by sleekster; 02-17-13 at 07:28 AM.
    02-17-13 07:09 AM
    Hey Dynot,

Im having this issue with all picture formats. They just would shrink when i pinch them and get back to their original size.
    To set a picture, i click on my BBM profile page, click on the picture, click replace picture and then select the one i want to use. Its so difficult to choose one since resizing them doesnt work and all of then have to be cropped.
    02-17-13 07:17 AM
    Have you tried editing the picture using the BlackBerry editor and then try selecting it on BBM?

Posted via CB10
    02-17-13 07:26 AM
    Hi Sauron,

Cant resize an image on the blackberry editor.
    Only crop

Very very frustrating.
    02-17-13 07:36 AM
    Hey Dynot,

Im having this issue with all picture formats. They just would shrink when i pinch them and get back to their original size.
    To set a picture, i click on my BBM profile page, click on the picture, click replace picture and then select the one i want to use. Its so difficult to choose one since resizing them doesnt work and all of then have to be cropped.
    I tried clicking on the image in the profile but that doesn't do anything. Only if an image is there already will it open up with the choice of setting as a wallpape, sharingor saving it but no editing. It looks like the only time an image appears in BBM conatcts is when the contact has set their own image, which cannot be edited.

I cannot recreate your problem because basically there is no way to add an image to a BBM contact except if the contact has their own set up as I mentioned above. I wonder if our problems are somehow related.
    02-17-13 08:16 AM
    Hi dynot,

Looks like i have confused you. Sorry about that.
    What I am trying to say is, even if i open a picture from my picture gallery, select 'Set As', it asks as BBM picture, i am unable to shrink a picture.
    When i pinch it, it goes back to its original size, which now just leave me with the option to crop.

Same thing happens when i select replace picture from my BBM. I enter my profile, click on my picture and then select replace picture. After selecting the picture, it still doesnt seem to fit within the dimensions.

Sorry if I am still being a pain.
    02-17-13 09:02 AM
    I just tried this..

Chose any pic..pinch shrink it.. save a screen shot..use that pic. Bingo.. easy peasy.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-13 02:30 PM
    Thanks Black hole,

That's smart just that there has to b a simpler way.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-13 09:42 PM
    i have the same problem, i cant pinch shrink any pick either from the pictures folder, or if i select something else and choose 'set as' and then bbm pic, it wont let me edit shrink or pinch.....

thanks
    03-14-13 05:36 PM
    How on earth do you make a screenshot on this Z10.....? Please help....
    03-19-13 05:55 AM
    Vol up and Down
    03-19-13 06:11 AM
    Hi dynot,

Looks like i have confused you. Sorry about that.
    What I am trying to say is, even if i open a picture from my picture gallery, select 'Set As', it asks as BBM picture, i am unable to shrink a picture.
    When i pinch it, it goes back to its original size, which now just leave me with the option to crop.

Same thing happens when i select replace picture from my BBM. I enter my profile, click on my picture and then select replace picture. After selecting the picture, it still doesnt seem to fit within the dimensions.

Sorry if I am still being a pain.
    Good morning. Did you get any resolution for this? I have the same problem. And you can't do a screen shot since as soon as I let go it pops back to original size. This is stressful!
    04-10-13 10:16 AM
    Pinch and keep holding with your left hand, and then with your right hand thumb hold volume down and press the volume up button with your right fore-finger. It should take a screenshot with your reduced size.
    04-16-13 05:55 AM
    Hello guys, i was trying all what you ask to do but neither of those steps work for me, i cant see the shrink and cant zoom out a picture when i want to use it as a display picture, any other ideas on how to fit my picture in to my bbm display?

thanks a lot for your help
    04-19-13 09:43 PM
    ROCO RESIZE! its free in the appworld..
    b_n_s likes this.
    04-21-13 06:55 PM
    thanks, struggling with this issue also

hopefully the new bbm update fixes this
    05-10-13 06:20 AM
    It work perfect after a few tries. Thanks a million
    06-20-13 08:59 AM
    Reco resize works, but we really shouldn't have to go thru so many steps.

You should be able to select resize, pinch to size, and replace.

I sure hope some tech people get on this, it is frustrating.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 02:36 PM
    This is still an on going issue that Blackberry has not picked up on & is very frustrating Before the 10.1 update I was able to zoom out so that the whole picture would fit Now all we get is a silly little editing program that wont let you zoom out & get a full picture .. Come on Berry get this sorted soon
    07-12-13 05:08 AM
    Dear all.... if u guys still have this kind of issue u should download profile picture for bbm at play store, after that follow the instructions... and binggo is very easy to resize our profile picture... u should try it....
    12-05-13 08:11 AM