Ok I realize how many posts they are already, but wtf. Every BB.com help files directed me to use Link. Well I did that, I transferred data (it even says on Link that BBM contacts is one of the things that can get transferred). After transfer was done, I opened BBM and NOTHING!

I tried this 10x already. Before without logging into BB ID then with BB ID...same thing....

Then I found out that my BBM on my old device needed to be version x, well I already switched SIM cards to a micro(?) and my old phone doesn't connect to the network anymore. I can't update my BBM even on WiFI (data services not available when opening App World). So now what can I do?

Seriously RIM(BB I mean) how hard is to transfer 140 bbm contacts when I was able to transfer all 500+ of my phone contacts using a reliable physical connection. The old BBD restore worked well in the past. This LINK is a POS, I can't even selectively delete databases anymore for troubleshooting this.

Any ideas?
    03-11-13 07:34 AM
    ok, does anyone have an answer to this cause i got my z10 a few hrs ago and this is where i'm stuck...i don't even see an option to restore with blackberry id like before with my bold...link doesn't give me any options other than to restore everything which i already did.
    03-26-13 10:16 PM
    At some point, I don't know which version, BBM began to backup your BBM contacts via bbid rather than email or file export. If your old device had the latest version of BBM, you should be fine.

Not sure what to say to OP. Your best bet will be to get a micro sim adapter and put it in your old phone. Only problem is you would need BIS provisioning. Maybe use a friends SIM card.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 10:25 PM
    At some point, I don't know which version, BBM began to backup your BBM contacts via bbid rather than email or file export. If your old device had the latest version of BBM, you should be fine.
    Fine in what way?? I'm on the z10 now and i don't have them... actually, only 2 were able to transfer, (i don't know how that happened) one of which is an old pin that no longer exists for that person since they got a new phone...how do i get the rest??
    03-26-13 10:32 PM