My Cousin asked me to look at his Z10 today because all of his BBM contacts have disappeared even his profile has been erased. his name now just has the pin # and his picture is gone. any idea how to get this back?
    we have the back up from when he migrated from a torch 9800 but that is all. going through those files the bbm says only 1 entry but he has or had several bbm contacts. and if i restore only that file will the restoration delete everything else that was migrated over? and what about his active chats i guess they are lost?

i recall a few days ago on my Z10 that when i launched bbm it did something. i dont recall what it did but i had to wait a bit before i could use it. and i think this happened around the same time that my cousin lost all his bbm data. did blackberry do something to the service that required a back up and restoration that may have not worked properly on his device and is it possible to retrieve that from blackberry?
    02-25-13 10:35 AM
    Have him enter his BBID into BBM and it should reconnect with his account and bring back all of his contacts.
    02-25-13 11:01 AM
    he did but nothing came back. I wanted to try and reconnect them but can't figure out how to disconnect first. seems once you sign in your stuck.
    02-25-13 12:17 PM
    after re-entering a bunch of contacts he woke up the next day to find that all his bbm contacts were missing again. this time i called rogers and they were able to resend something to his phone and after rebooting the phone his contacts were back. just the ones he had re-entered last night. i wish we called rogers right away the first time.
    02-26-13 12:48 PM
    Any chance contacts were saved to the sim or memory card?

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 12:52 PM
    how would I look for that? do you know a location or file type to look for?
    02-28-13 12:50 PM
    This has happened to me a few times. It always corrects itself when I reboot. Not sure why it happens
    02-28-13 12:53 PM