Hi All,

2 issues guys, hopefully someone can help me out since I'm a new user of the Z10

1. I had raised this issue earlier... but no luck. How do you re size a picture on your phone for a bbm avatar ???? When you select a picture, it only gives you an option to crop. Even the pinch option on this screen doesn't work .... try to pinch and the pic goes back to its original size......... HELP !!

2. Can someone explain to me how to change the view in your call log page. When i get into call log and see the list, it shows me the name of the person saved, but not the number. Is there an option for the display to show name and number ?????

Thanks in advance guys.
    02-18-13 07:12 AM
    Hmmm

1. Are you starting from within BBM or from the picture itself?

2. Currently I don't think there's a way to display both Name and Number in the call log. I combed through the phone settings and don't see this ability.
    sleekster likes this.
    02-18-13 02:56 PM
    1. Could you maybe give a hint of what you're trying to accomplish with the BBM avatar image?

2. Doesn't appear there's a setting. To view specific call list item's number, long-press the item. From the right side menu, the i in a circle is call info.
    sleekster likes this.
    02-18-13 04:11 PM
    Thanks mscooley for your response.
    About the BBM avatar or display picture, irresepective of trying through the BBM or Picture gallery the i cannot resize the picture to a smaller size and crop is the only option. Is there a way to zoom out or pinch the picture to select it as the BBM display picture.

Thanks.
    02-19-13 02:13 AM
    Hi Elite1,

I am tying to resize of zoom out a picture to select for my BBM display picture. Im only able to crop it.
    02-19-13 02:14 AM
    Hi Elite1,

I am tying to resize of zoom out a picture to select for my BBM display picture. Im only able to crop it.
    Ok so you want to shrink a larger picture so the while thing can be a BBM avatar, but BBM just wants you take a section of it at original size.

2 possible solutions. First is open Pictures or File Manager and find the photo. Open it and pinch to shrink it, keeping fingers on screen. Click up & down volume keys to take a screenshot.
    Second method is find the photo and select Edit from the overflow menu. Photo Editor will open and you can experiment there.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 04:12 AM
    Thanks again elite1,
    Looks like pinch and snapshot is the only option as even in edit, i cant seem to re size the image.
    Thanks.
    02-19-13 05:02 AM
    I think the Transform option in Photo Editor does it.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 05:04 AM
    Thanks again elite1,
    Looks like pinch and snapshot is the only option as even in edit, i cant seem to re size the image.
    Thanks.
    it's annoying for me too. i'd use zoom out or zoom in when setting a bbm picture almost every time - as i'm sure most people do. that's screenshot is a good idea for now but i don't know why they would ever take that out.
    02-19-13 05:44 AM
    Does anyone know what is the size requirements for a BBM display picture. The pinch and snap is really messing with the clarity and font.... pls help

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 02:20 AM
    Is there anyway to set your bbm contacts' pictures? I thought you could do this in BBOS(6/7). I don't see an option in BB10.
    02-28-13 03:59 PM
    I think it was established here in another thread that we used to be able to do that in OS7 but not in BlackBerry 10 just yet at least.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 08:56 AM
    Is there anyway to set your bbm contacts' pictures? I thought you could do this in BBOS(6/7). I don't see an option in BB10.
    03-04-13 09:09 AM
    I posted the same problem regarding BBM dp! Its annoying not being able to zoom out!
    03-04-13 09:22 AM