So I backed up my with Bblink cos I need to wipe my phone and after everything I couldn't restore my contact. With blackberry desktop manager I can choose the file I want to backup or restore but with this stupid link u either restore all or nothing. For the first time I regret using bb10 os, I never for once had this kind of issue with desktop manager. Sort this out blackberry smh.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 07:03 PM
    Probably too late to be of any help now, but for the future, there's an app called InTouchApp that backs up and restores contacts.
    01-19-14 07:07 PM
    Restore your phone with the backup file (which will restore everything) then backup your contacts with Fire Chest Backup or Contact X (both apps in BlackBerry World), then wipe again. You're good to go.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 07:23 PM
    Too little...

Selective backup and restore is in the works for LINK. They might get it next week, or next year. But yes the fact that Link is so limited in the backup area, combined with the problems that doing a full restore causes many - it is a Major issue that hurts the platform.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 07:37 PM
    I also recommend Firechest and this thread reminded me to do another backup as I added a contact today.
    cupid4ig likes this.
    01-19-14 11:28 PM
    Probably too late to be of any help now, but for the future, there's an app called InTouchApp that backs up and restores contacts.
    thanks

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 10:46 AM
    Restore your phone with the backup file (which will restore everything) then backup your contacts with Fire Chest Backup or Contact X (both apps in BlackBerry World), then wipe again. You're good to go.

Posted via CB10
    That means I will start downloading all my apps again. This is just sad.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 10:48 AM
    Too little...

Selective backup and restore is in the works for LINK. They might get it next week, or next year. But yes the fact that Link is so limited in the backup area, combined with the problems that doing a full restore causes many - it is a Major issue that hurts the platform.

Posted via CB10
    it's so frustrating. My battery was draining faster than normal. I get 3hours on full charge I backed up and wipe the phone cos I know it's not normal. Now an getting 6hours which I think is a bit fair am scared of restoring cos I know doing full restore will take me back to that battery ish

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 10:49 AM
    So I backed up my with Bblink cos I need to wipe my phone and after everything I couldn't restore my contact. With blackberry desktop manager I can choose the file I want to backup or restore but with this stupid link u either restore all or nothing. For the first time I regret using bb10 os, I never for once had this kind of issue with desktop manager. Sort this out blackberry smh.

Posted via CB10
    I feel your pain... but i set up my contacts with gmail...

it takes few moments and I get ALL my contacts synced.
    01-20-14 10:55 AM
    I feel your pain... but i set up my contacts with gmail...

it takes few moments and I get ALL my contacts synced.
    Pls how do I backup with Gmail

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 10:58 AM
    To late...
    Outlook.com and contact X
    01-20-14 11:32 AM