I am hoping that someone can help me understand, and I truly mean that, I really do want to understand. I read post after post complaining, for want of better term, about things that to me are just not worth getting agitated about; as I said I would like to try to see the �other� perspective to try to understand.

People complain about the notification structure, ie.: how whatever volume you set applies to all tones etc. regardless of what email account it�s for, or that it�s for BBM etc. I miss the notification flexibility of the previous OS�s but it isn�t a deal breaker that I can see, a minor inconvenience for sure. But I know BBOS users that didn�t even know that flexibility was there, until I mentioned it, and they are happily working away with the OS6, OS7 units. Some complaints revolve around tasks and memos not transferring from their old phone, previously on the BES server for example, to the Z10. On the surface, however, it seems that they didn�t do their research/homework cause on the one Blackberry support web page it clearly outlines what will, and what won�t, transfer and under what conditions. This is where I found out why mine didn�t transfer, my previous device was on the BES, so I�ve been casually transferring them via email. I read of complaints about the lack, or the �poor quality�, of apps. This is a hard one for me to really grasp the �urgency� of. Other than the core apps, such as BBM etc., I�ve downloaded, and used, maybe two or three apps in all of my years of Blackberry use. My BB is my only telephone, I have no land line at home, it is used for both business and personal. Despite this I don�t really have any apps per se, other than a wall paper app and the weather network app. I don�t use Facebook, or twitter, LinkedIn is done through my PC, and I am waiting on our IT head to find the time to setup the BES 10 so I can connect to the company again; I am the only one with BB10. In the meantime I transfer files, memos, contacts etc. as I need them and move forward. Given that most people only use, from what I can tell, a handful of apps, out of the whatever 100�s of thousands of apps that Apple, or Samsung, has in comparison with the 70-100 thousand apps the BB World is supposed to have, the question that arises, in my mind, is what is the big deal about apps? I`ve not come across one that I couldn�t, in some fashion, replace with a web browser and search function be it on my Z10 or my PC� what am I missing?

I will grant you this is a poorly written post, and I probably could make my point better, but suffice it to say my Z10 is not perfect, there are things that I would personally like to see different, or improved, but I have not found anything to suggest that Blackberry (RIM) screwed up or that the phone is a piece of s***t. In the three weeks that I have had the Z10 I have been pleased, battery life so far has ranged from one (1) to two (2) days, I have yet to find a function that doesn�t work, in spite of running 4G, by intent, I find the browser to be fast, the touch screen is exceptional, easily on par with my son`s Note 2. In spite of being a diehard physical keyboard proponent I have found the virtual keyboard, so far, to be everything it was promised to be; overall I really like this phone. My only underlying concern is that it won�t last, which is a by-product of the problems that I had with the Bold 9900 series that I had, not the Z10.

So I ask my fellow BB addicts, and the BB nay-sayers that may be on this forum, and everyone else in between, what am I missing? Why can�t I understand that cause for such, at times, venom towards a device that is in reality a souped up phone, and subsequently the venom towards the maker thereof? Please will someone help me understand?
    Cracklen and Bla1ze like this.
    02-26-13 11:46 PM