Anyone else having this problem?

I can't get my z10 to rotate to landscape mode when in bb messenger.

It rotates for everything else including text.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 04:59 PM
    Hmm just checked for you and it appears to be a quirk of the OS.

Workaround!

If you put the Hub in landscape, then open the BBM Chat from there, it will open in landscape though.
    Last edited by elite1; 06-09-13 at 08:13 PM. Reason: typo
    Net_Surfer likes this.
    03-29-13 05:12 PM
    By the way, welcome to CrackBerry!

So do you really somehow have a Q10 like your profile shows or just wishful thinking?
    03-29-13 05:16 PM
    Thanks! That worked.
    I have a z10.
    Getting used to the all touch!

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 05:21 PM
    Anyone else having this problem?

I can't get my z10 to rotate to landscape mode when in bb messenger.

It rotates for everything else including text.

Posted via CB10
    I have the same issue with the calendar and a number of other apps. I don't mean to be a stickler, but it would be great if the z10 also recognized when it is upside down (that can be the best orientation when using it while charging, when headphones are plugged in, or sometimes both) .
    05-02-13 06:12 AM
    I have the same issue with the calendar and a number of other apps. I don't mean to be a stickler, but it would be great if the z10 also recognized when it is upside down (that can be the best orientation when using it while charging, when headphones are plugged in, or sometimes both) .
    It is a portrait oriented OS, like virtually every other all touch smartphone OS.
    Still why not offer the possibility and keep more people happy right?

As for the upside down thing, I assume it's because the wakeup gesture is only 1-way, trying to keep a consistent UX.

This is how you CB10, son!
    05-02-13 05:05 PM
    Hi. I need help. I just had my Z10 and the screen won't rotate in any apps that rotation is allowed. I just prefer it in landscape when I view websites on the browser. The rotation lock is disabled and I've rebooted the phone for 3 times now and it didn't work. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 11:30 PM
    Hi. I need help. I just had my Z10 and the screen won't rotate in any apps that rotation is allowed. I just prefer it in landscape when I view websites on the browser. The rotation lock is disabled and I've rebooted the phone for 3 times now and it didn't work. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!

You can try a device reset. (NOT the same as a restart.)
    Hold down your top button for about 30 seconds. Keep pressing it down, ignoring onscreen countdown and restart option, BB splashscreen, black screen, red LED, and BB splashscreen again. I hold down that button until I see the blue startup icon.

And of course make sure Rotation Lock is actually OFF.
    From home screens or Hub, swipe down from top. If the icon beside Rotation Lock is blue, then it's on. White icon means it's off.

05-09-13 03:56 AM
    Hi elite1 for the reply! Will doing a reset erase all data I have saved in my Z10? Thanks!
    05-09-13 08:12 PM
    I've tried the reset... It didn't work Is there any other way that I can try? Help. Thanks!
    05-10-13 12:46 AM
    Yahooooo!! My Z10 screen is already rotating. I don't know how it happened. I was just using it when suddenly it rotated when I tilted unintentionally the z10 while texting. Yeyyy! Maybe it helped doing a reset and restart many times... thanks a lot!
    05-10-13 04:11 PM
    Sorry, haven't been on all day.

That's great news. Glad it's fine now.
    It will just have to be an unsolved mystery...

mbamd likes this.
    05-10-13 08:23 PM
    have you seen the problem with the screen not rotating after you update anything through app world?
    05-14-13 03:09 PM
    Screen rotation issue on 10.0.9.422 as well.
    06-09-13 10:14 AM
    Screen rotation issue on 10.0.9.422 as well.
    Hi, and first off welcome to CrackBerry!
    Remember to update your device (and carrier?) in your CB profile.

Under what circumstances are you experiencing an issue?
    Have you tried a simple device reset? (See post #8 above.)
    06-09-13 07:07 PM
    I figured out the problem. It was coming from the game six guns. Not sure what about it was causing issues, but after I deleted that game things started working properly again.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 07:45 PM
    I have the same issue with the calendar and a number of other apps.
    If you're wondering, calendar has landscape support in 10.1. But I can see why for some apps they didn't apply it. It's simply unusable in landscape. It'll display 2 contacts with out the keyboard up.
    Elite1 likes this.
    06-09-13 07:51 PM
    If you're wondering, calendar has landscape support in 10.1. But I can see why for some apps they didn't apply it. It's simply unusable in landscape. It'll display 2 contacts with out the keyboard up.
    Cool, didn't know Calendar worked in landscape now. Learned something new today... Near useless to me, but new nonetheless.

Yes Contacts opens in landscape too now. Even more useless as the top "banner" of the contact is locked and takes up so much real estate. Room for improvement there!

I guess the only advantage is for multitasking when you're in landscape for something.
    06-09-13 08:18 PM
    Pull out the battery to restart the phone. Did this a few times worked again. Don't know why just know it works. Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 09:01 PM
    Pull out the battery to restart the phone. Did this a few times worked again. Don't know why just know it works. Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    See post #8 on how to perform a device reset. No need to perform a physical battery pull with BB10.

06-09-13 09:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yup that's always the solution with bb devices pull out battery.
    06-09-13 09:04 PM
    Yup that's always the solution with bb devices pull out battery.
    With the legacy devices it was...

06-09-13 09:16 PM
    Thank you, and profile now updated.

Main screen, FB app, BBM app doesn't rotate. Tried opening BBM with hub rotated, this worked, so it must be the app there which they should work on fixing. Many negative comments for the FB app in app world, they should get to work on this one asap to keep folks around it appears.

Did try the reset, a few times already, to no avail on these issues so far.
    06-10-13 05:37 AM
    Thank you, and profile now updated.

Main screen, FB app, BBM app doesn't rotate. Tried opening BBM with hub rotated, this worked, so it must be the app there which they should work on fixing. Many negative comments for the FB app in app world, they should get to work on this one asap to keep folks around it appears.

Did try the reset, a few times already, to no avail on these issues so far.
    You are correct, BBM app won't rotate; but when opening BBM Chats via Hub, they will rotate. Home Screens will never rotate.
    I can't comment on FB, as I don't use it.

Are you having other issues?

06-10-13 11:35 AM