I agree..there is something about it that just seems bland. I'm really not a fan of the icons, they seem overly large and "blocky". As well..the Active Frames seems redundant to me. I end a phone call, and now I have a giant icon on my Active Frame page, as well as my phone icon at the bottom. Whats the point in that? The phone running as an Active Frame does absolutely nothing..so why should it take up space? And I know for a fact, the fact that those Active Frames are always going to be repositioning themselves as I open and close things is going to drive me nuts. Coming from Android where I can control how every little detail looks and acts on my phone, this will drive me nuts. I haven't seen enough of the Hub to make an opinion one way or another, but I'm not a fan of the font being used.

I don't know..overall, i'm kinda "meh"..
    the active frame for the phone app is still there because he already had it opened before receiving the call.
    12-12-12 01:22 PM
    the active frame for the phone app is still there because he already had it opened before receiving the call.
    I understand why it's there, I just don't understand the necessity of it. You can't do anything with it in it's "Active" state like dial on it from a little 1"x1" frame..so to me it just seems pointless.
    12-12-12 01:53 PM
    I understand why it's there, I just don't understand the necessity of it. You can't do anything with it in it's "Active" state like dial on it from a little 1"x1" frame..so to me it just seems pointless.
    How else would you switch back to the call if you left it to check an email?
    Rickroller likes this.
    12-12-12 02:46 PM
    What's that slot on the bottom. Someone mirror this
    it's only used for opening the back cover.
    He also said this phone still got many bugs with current OS. However he could use all functions and all apps of the phone, nothing was locked.
    12-12-12 02:49 PM
    it's only used for opening the back cover.
    You sure? It looks like a speaker port to me.

Usually when RIM has a notch for removing the battery cover, it's just a little rounded notch, not something that big.
    12-12-12 07:01 PM
    Curved edges? RIM better watch out Apple might sue! lol
    12-12-12 07:12 PM

http://cdn.crackberry.com/sites/crac...517_edited.jpg

Usually when RIM has a notch for removing the battery cover, it's just a little rounded notch, not something that big.
    It's obviously just both... lol not too complicated to figure out
    12-12-12 08:10 PM
    Active frames are just like carousel on playbook...I have a playbook and god knows they are useful in multitasking. btw..how your phone app probably works on andriod..all apps work in a similar fashion on BB10..gotta admire that...
    12-12-12 08:30 PM
    How else would you switch back to the call if you left it to check an email?
    Ahh.. Makes sense. I never thought of that. Although once you hang up..wouldn't it still be an Active Frame since it was a last used app?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    12-12-12 08:40 PM
    Ahh.. Makes sense. I never thought of that. Although once you hang up..wouldn't it still be an Active Frame since it was a last used app?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Right. No buttons. No task switcher. The whole interface becomes the task switcher.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    12-13-12 02:33 AM
    The torch was tough to use when it was plugged in, hence my worry. Hopefully it is better since the device is taller as well.
    And the Torch 9850/60 have a high rate of usb port breakage and failure.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    12-13-12 07:49 AM
    That guy has very odd fingers.
    12-13-12 11:37 AM

http://cdn.crackberry.com/sites/crac...517_edited.jpg

No, it's just a slit so you can open the back.

The guy did say that the current OS he was using (beta) is still a bit buggy. I hope all that gets ironed out soon because we're almost down to the homestretch before the debut!

It also looks like this device was there all along and just hidden beneath the clunky covers of the Dev devices, no wonder people were making leaks left and right. Simply take off the Dev cover and there it is. Makes me wonder if this really is final hardware or that RIM's attempts to hide the real thing was just pathetic.
    12-13-12 01:52 PM
    Alright, so where is the speaker port then?
    12-13-12 02:06 PM
    No, it's just a slit so you can open the back.

The guy did say that the current OS he was using (beta) is still a bit buggy. I hope all that gets ironed out soon because we're almost down to the homestretch before the debut!

It also looks like this device was there all along and just hidden beneath the clunky covers of the Dev devices, no wonder people were making leaks left and right. Simply take off the Dev cover and there it is. Makes me wonder if this really is final hardware or that RIM's attempts to hide the real thing was just pathetic.
    Your understanding of the source of leaks are a bit off. Because underneath the Dev Alpha B, is what's underneath the casing for the L-Series. So basically the outer casing of the DAB is replaced with the L-Series' outer casing.

But that doesn't mean that was the cause for the leaks then.

And I also believe that slit to take the back off, is also where the speaker port is. Because I don't see it anywhere else.
    12-13-12 02:50 PM
    Your understanding of the source of leaks are a bit off. Because underneath the Dev Alpha B, is what's underneath the casing for the L-Series. So basically the outer casing of the DAB is replaced with the L-Series' outer casing.

But that doesn't mean that was the cause for the leaks then.

And I also believe that slit to take the back off, is also where the speaker port is. Because I don't see it anywhere else.
    Ah, you're probably right. It was just the way that guy described it that made it sound like the whole thing was just covered over by the DAB case.

Well, according to the guy in the video, he said the slit is just for opening the back. I and/or he could be wrong.
    12-13-12 03:02 PM
    love the blue on the sides of the screen so good to not see the rehased orange look and formula.
    12-13-12 07:28 PM
42 12