Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    PIN
    k panda love!
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default With BB10 still a bit off.. can they compete with the market leaders?

Having been a longtime fan and having deep respect for the advancements RIM has made I ask the question. With the new BB10 devices coming next year and the market share growing smaller weekly, can BB10 and this L series device compete?

Apples Iphone continues to refine their role and while the Iphone 5 isn't groundbreaking its record breaking.. sales wise.

Nokia and Htc are making really nice Windows 8 hardware and providing a deeper infrastructure then ever before with things like Xbox and desktop and mobile running on the same kernal providing a familiar experience for all those people getting Win 8 laptops this holiday season?

So where does Rim sit? Are they number 3 or number 4? I just wonder if these delays haven't relegated this OS to remaining the option for developing regions similar to how Symbian is viewed..

We are expecting a device with a quad core lte cpu.. running a 1080p display to be launched this month on android.. let that sink in.. a 1080p display.. on a phone.

I am rooting for Rim and I have been encouraged by some of the stuff I have seen but I need the killer feature that's going to get that person in the verizon , att or Tmo store away from the Iphone, Note2, Htc 8x and whatever else and give bb a try again..

Maybe Im missing something but I just dont see it...
    blog Blackmanx.wordpress.com
    twitter: Twitter.com/black_man_x
    CrackBerry Addict

Default Re: With BB10 still a bit off.. can they compete with the market leaders?

Quote Originally Posted by blackmannx#AC View Post
    We are expecting a device with a quad core lte cpu.. running a 1080p display to be launched this month on android.. let that sink in.. a 1080p display.. on a phone.
    which phone are you referring to specifically? Note 2? Nexus 4? ???
    Previous device(s):BlackBerry Z30(Black),BlackBerry Z10(Black),BlackBerry Q10(Black),8820 world edition,9800 Torch(Black),9780 Bold(Black),9700 Bold(Black),9900 Bold(Black),9810 Torch(White), iPhone3GS(Black),iPhone5C(Pink)
    Family Current device(s):BlackBerry Passport, Windows SurfaceRT, Samsung Galaxy S4
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    368 Global Posts
    PIN
    just ask/soon this will say BBID

Default Re: With BB10 still a bit off.. can they compete with the market leaders?

a refined OS that just works is the only thing that matters. It needs to look poslished and work flawless. I dont care how many cores it has.
    Check out themidniteedition.wordpress.com for all the latest news and reviews on tech and gaming
    You can also download THE MIDNITE EDITION app for your Z10 or PlayBook or Any Berry running OS 7.1 or older

THE BLACKER THE BERRY, THE SWEETER THE JUICE
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    368 Global Posts
    PIN
    just ask/soon this will say BBID

i also dont think the majority of customers care either, im really just curious to see how battery life is on BB10 that super important. I hope at least 10 hrs with moderate use.
    Check out themidniteedition.wordpress.com for all the latest news and reviews on tech and gaming
    You can also download THE MIDNITE EDITION app for your Z10 or PlayBook or Any Berry running OS 7.1 or older

THE BLACKER THE BERRY, THE SWEETER THE JUICE