So I just saw a BB10 L device out and about in Waterloo, but what I really noticed was that it had a cover extremely similar to Apple's iPad smart cover. Had the folds in the same places and everything. The only difference was that it was phone-sized and had BlackBerry stamped on the front. Granted, all I saw was him using the BB10 device, and then promptly putting the cover back over the screen ,so there is the possibility that it could have been a folio-styled case.

Has there been any word of these being released as an accessory? A good idea, but all I could think of was Apple having a legal field day over this if its similar to the iPad cover.
    11-23-12 11:43 AM
    I hope it's not the cover. I don't think it would go in and out of my pocket very easy. I really like the leather pouch for my 9900 and would love them to continue giving that out with the phones. BlackBerry has used magnets in their phone covers/cases for years. People think it was Apple that started this but I'm pretty sure I had this on my pearl 9130 back in the day, it may have even been out before that. If it it similar to the cover itself I could see Apple going a bit crazy, but not at first. They usually take legal action with other companies they see as a threat, ex: Samsung.
    Last edited by ekafara; 11-23-12 at 12:06 PM.
    anon(823957) likes this.
    11-23-12 11:56 AM
    Good to hear we'll have some official accessories at launch. I can't imagine legal action being taken though. The iPad cover doesn't have an Apple logo smacked on the front and Samsung has similar covers for the SGS3.
    anon(823957) likes this.
    11-23-12 11:59 AM
    Good to hear we'll have some official accessories at launch. I can't imagine legal action being taken though. The iPad cover doesn't have an Apple logo smacked on the front and Samsung has similar covers for the SGS3.
    See that's what I was thinking too, I have a Galaxy S III and the flip cover case.

But this BlackBerry one had the same ridges and folds that the iPad one does - presumably to fold it over and use as a stand.
    11-23-12 12:02 PM
    They are probably all made in the same factories in Asia...
    Paulrobs7 likes this.
    11-23-12 11:15 PM
    Alright, so confirmed, there are flip covers coming (BB10 Transform Hard Shell, White; BB10 Transform Hard Shell, Black; BB10 Transform Hard Shell, Red) Red is the one that I saw in person.

List of upcoming BlackBerry 10 accessories leak online, usual holster and cases | MobileSyrup.com
    lnichols likes this.
    12-03-12 03:04 PM
    BB10 smart cover spotted-bb1020acc-e1354547139341.jpeg

Love that they will have a multimedia dock available hopefully with full HDMI and USB outs. Hopefully the dock will be able to work with these cases too.
    12-03-12 03:41 PM
    I wonder if the flip covers are designed like the Galaxy series, where the entire back cover can be removed and replaced by one that has the flap attached. I always thought that was a neat idea that would reduce bulk, and the back panel of the L-series looks to be able to accommodate this kind of feature.
    meganVee likes this.
    12-03-12 04:42 PM
    I wonder if the flip covers are designed like the Galaxy series, where the entire back cover can be removed and replaced by one that has the flap attached. I always thought that was a neat idea that would reduce bulk, and the back panel of the L-series looks to be able to accommodate this kind of feature.
    Can you show a picture of this, please?
    12-06-12 09:39 PM
    Can you show a picture of this, please?
    Something like this here:

As you can see, the flap is attached to a back panel that replaces the default panel. It's a neat concept, although I'd prefer it hinged from the top.
    12-06-12 09:58 PM
    Something like this here:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-d3IeRNex8u...screenshot.jpg

As you can see, the flap is attached to a back panel that replaces the default panel. It's a neat concept, although I'd prefer it hinged from the top.
    Oh ok, very nice. I agree to the hinged at the top idea.
    12-06-12 10:13 PM
    I like the look. I think it's pretty cool! Hopefully the stores are going to have an abundance of accessories for us to choose from, and not leave us out as in the past. Would be nice walking in someplace and having an entire aisle dedicated to BB10 as the others get.
    12-06-12 11:01 PM
    Those cases suck! (For left handers)
    12-07-12 03:03 PM
    Yeah, I can imagine. Like I said, I hope ours is hinged at the top.
    12-08-12 12:27 AM
    Coming from experience, they also suck for taking pictures and knowing when you have a notification. The cover doesn't have a hole for the LED (which only works when the screen is off - also when you would have the screen covered) and when you fold the case back to use it comfortably, it covers the rear camera.
    12-11-12 11:44 AM
    Coming from experience, they also suck for taking pictures and knowing when you have a notification. The cover doesn't have a hole for the LED (which only works when the screen is off - also when you would have the screen covered) and when you fold the case back to use it comfortably, it covers the rear camera.
    That can be rectified if they were to have a notch in the top right corner of the flap that would reveal the LED from the front, and leaves the camera uncovered on the back.
    12-11-12 02:48 PM
    How cool would it be to have a tiny LED on the actual cover? If the back plate could be swapped out like the GSIII maybe there could be some contacts in the battery housing. That could also lead to some really cool accessories where maybe the charging dock could provide for notifications.
    12-13-12 08:11 AM