Hello, I've been considering upgrading my 9900 to a Z10 lately. However, there are a few things which I would like to know before moving ahead.

1. How well is the native music player integrated into the OS? For example, can songs be switched from the lock screen?
    2. Can media or ANY sort of file be added as an icon on the home screen like in OS7?
    3. Can there be ANY customization to the look of the phone other than changing your background? (for example my 9900 has a custom theme)
    4. How does the 10.2 speed dial work on the Z10?
    5. Is the battery life of the Z10 longer than that of the 9900 (on average, or technically, or what you've heard/experienced)?
    6. Can the video player play audio in the background?
    7. Can android media apps (mx player for example) run on the z10?

This is all I will ask for now, although there are other things I would like to know.
    Thanks in advance, guys !
    02-20-14 07:03 PM
    First three questions:
    1. NO
    2. NO
    3. NO
    02-20-14 07:53 PM
    Also, if you are considering, have you done any reading on the Z10? There are hundreds of threads on the Z10. We have how to videos and tutorials and threads with people asking the same questions. Please do your own research as well. Instead of just relying on someone to answer your questions.
    02-20-14 07:54 PM
    4. Hit the phone icon and hit one of the speed dial numbers at the top of the screen/ or hit your dial pad and long press a speed dial number (which you have previously set up)
    pavichokche likes this.
    02-20-14 07:56 PM
    5. The battery life on the Z will be much shorter than the 9900. The 9900 can't do a quarter of what the Z does.
    02-20-14 07:57 PM
    6. No
    7. Yes. I have Neutron (Android app)
    02-20-14 07:58 PM
    Number one is actually yes you can change songs from the lock screen (next/previous). You can do this without looking (holding volume up/down) or you can have you lock screen appear press volume up or down to bring up the music player icon and you can touch the screen to switch songs

Posted via CB10
    pavichokche and NtotheK like this.
    02-20-14 08:00 PM
    And number 2,
    You can use an app to create shortcuts of docs, photos, music files and menu, ie a shortcut icon to network connections, even BBM contacts.

Check out Shortcut Creator in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/19908873

Posted via CB10
    02-20-14 08:15 PM
    And number 2,
    You can use an app to create shortcuts of docs, photos, music files and menu, ie a shortcut icon to network connections, even BBM contacts.

Check out Shortcut Creator in BlackBerry World! You can find it at Shortcut Creator - BlackBerry World

Posted via CB10
    An app to create shortcuts is not what he asked. He wants to place the actual file on the homescreen. THAT you cannot do.
    02-20-14 08:17 PM
    6. No
    7. Yes. I have Neutron (Android app)
    Neutron is not an Android app. It is one of the few that came to BB10 first and was ported to Android. I chatted with the dev. The app actually does some very cool things under the hood to take advantage of BB10's superior real-time low-latency audio processing.

The UI is messy though which might lead one to believe it was developed for Android.
    02-20-14 08:19 PM
    An app to create shortcuts is not what he asked. He wants to place the actual file on the homescreen. THAT you cannot do.
    In OS 7. When you added an item to the home screen, it wasn't the actual file, it was a shortcut to the file, so I believe I DID NOT miss understand the op.
    Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    hbelkin and pavichokche like this.
    02-20-14 08:38 PM
    Thanks for all the answers, everyone!
    In regards to Shortcut Creator, assuming that you own it, can you use it to create shortcuts to an artist or album from the media player the way you can by default on an OS7 device? What I mean is, could I make a shortcut which automatically plays all of the music from a specific artist or a playlist?
    02-20-14 09:29 PM
    Thanks for all the answers, everyone!
    In regards to Shortcut Creator, assuming that you own it, can you use it to create shortcuts to an artist or album from the media player the way you can by default on an OS7 device? What I mean is, could I make a shortcut which automatically plays all of the music from a specific artist or a playlist?
    Hi pavichokche,
    With shortcut creator , I have made shotcuts to specific music files on the my homescreen and a short cut to the "Genre" section of the music library which has the Playlist Tab, Artist Tab, Album tab, But it wont Auto play, you would have to select the music .
    ONLY the specific music shortcuts will auto play.

Cheers.
    02-21-14 05:30 AM