While the z10 isn't yet the phone I need it to be I'm hopeful that it's getting there but there are a fee small things that no one has pointed out yet.

1) Address bar isn't at bottom in some apps - e.g. Maps. When the browser with address bar was announced this signalled to Mr that bbry were approaching the z10 in the right way and played a large role in my decision to purchase. Why can't it be just on top of the keyboard in all apps?

2) needs options to turn on/off gps, NFC, and adjust screen brightness from the my top slide menu to help users use phone in a battery efficient way.

3) when active frames have unsaved content (e.g. When typing a post on cb10 app) there needs to be a confirmation dialogue box so you don't accidentally close the active frame and lose your progress.

Anyone else feel the need for any of the above? I'll add more and update this post as and when I can.

Incidentally: is there any way to collapse the keyboard without using 2 fingers?

Posted via CB10
    omercan7, uverz911 and jon4400 like this.
    03-09-13 05:55 AM
    One more thing: need a swipe gesture to go back that is universal and easy to use - e.g. swiping from BlackBerry logo on bottom bezel in an up and left direction towards bottom of screen. Some android port apps (deezer) has this functionality.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 05:59 AM
    Hold space bar for 2 seconds to minimize keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    Vector-SS and pandapurple like this.
    03-09-13 06:00 AM
    Thanks Steven.
    03-09-13 09:45 AM
    One more thing: need a swipe gesture to go back that is universal and easy to use - e.g. swiping from BlackBerry logo on bottom bezel in an up and left direction towards bottom of screen. Some android port apps (deezer) has this functionality.

Posted via CB10
    Usually you can just "pull" the frame back. Like in the cb app
    03-09-13 10:37 AM
    swipe the message to go back
    03-09-13 10:43 AM
    You can switch off the NFC in the settings, I think it is under the networks if I am not wrong.
    03-09-13 11:07 AM
    If your texting , just tap the conversion portion of the screen and your kb will minimize.

I agree with you. More pull down short cuts needed. I would like, tether and airplane.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 11:11 AM
    Tap and hold the space bar.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 03:26 PM
    While I agree with your proposed changes, the BB10 UI is a heck of a lot more consistent than a lot of other phones on the market, especially with Cascades. I personally would like a quicker way to change network settings, from LTE to HSPA+.
    03-09-13 03:32 PM
    1) Address bar isn't at bottom in some apps - e.g. Maps. When the browser with address bar was announced this signalled to Mr that bbry were approaching the z10 in the right way and played a large role in my decision to purchase. Why can't it be just on top of the keyboard in all apps?
    It isn't just address bars that should make that move either, stuff like the send/cancel bar when sending an email should also be just above the keyboard too and I would also hope that will be true for the q10 as having to take your hand off the physical keyboard to reach to the top of the phone would be even worse than on the z10 i think.
    03-09-13 03:40 PM
    It isn't just address bars that should make that move either, stuff like the send/cancel bar when sending an email should also be just above the keyboard too and I would also hope that will be true for the q10 as having to take your hand off the physical keyboard to reach to the top of the phone would be even worse than on the z10 i think.
    The Send and Cancel options within the email application at the top of the screen is probably ti minimize the likelihood of accidently sending an email prematurely.

Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z10
    cjcampbell and Thunderbuck like this.
    03-09-13 04:00 PM
    Yeah send and cancel should be at top - because you would only hit those buttons when you have finished typing. Whereas wih the typing area, you might want to go back and forward to insert words while you are still in the process of typing.

If anything having send at the bottom right of the keyboard is a bad thing - i have accidentally sent SMSs because the button is so close to other keys on the keypad
    03-09-13 07:51 PM
    My only gripe about the keyboard is the delete button is just above the send button I have sent numerous half completed BBM's to friends lol

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 08:41 PM
    I agree with you. There are some inconsistencies I stumble around as well. I do prefer the address bar at the bottom. I'd like to have the search bar at the bottom as well. Easier to reposition the cursor if an error is made. I sure would like to be able to disable the GPS however this have never been an option on BBs. That GPS is always tracking you, even when you are way out of mobile range.

Thanks for the keyboard minimizing tips! Been struggling with that for weeks now.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 08:59 PM
    Personally I'd like to see some consistency with the swipe down from the top of the screen in any program/app, to get a main menu for that program/app. They're all over the place, which is silly. It's one thing I love about the PB, and helped me transition away from pressing the blackberry button on all the phones I've owned in order to bring up a menu.

For example, where is the consistency in this:

- When writing or reading an email, swiping down from top of screen brings up same menu as if you were on your home screen.
    - Swiping down when in BBM brings up menu with the settings option
    - Swiping down when in Blackberry World similar result to that when in BBM
    - Swiping down when in Facebook does absolutely nothing. Don't get me started on the FB app though, it was designed by a muppet.
    - Swiping down when in the browser also does absolutely nothing. No excuse for this inconsistency though as it was actually designed by BBRY.
    scrapmetal58 likes this.
    03-09-13 09:19 PM
    I agree with you. There are some inconsistencies I stumble around as well. I do prefer the address bar at the bottom. I'd like to have the search bar at the bottom as well. Easier to reposition the cursor if an error is made. I sure would like to be able to disable the GPS however this have never been an option on BBs. That GPS is always tracking you, even when you are way out of mobile range.

Thanks for the keyboard minimizing tips! Been struggling with that for weeks now.

Posted via CB10
    You can totally disable GPS. It's called "location services" and can be turned off from the settings menu.
    03-09-13 09:26 PM
    While the z10 isn't yet the phone I need it to be I'm hopeful that it's getting there but there are a fee small things that no one has pointed out yet.

2) needs options to turn on/off gps, NFC, and adjust screen brightness from the my top slide menu to help users use phone in a battery efficient way.

3) when active frames have unsaved content (e.g. When typing a post on cb10 app) there needs to be a confirmation dialogue box so you don't accidentally close the active frame and lose your progress.

Anyone else feel the need for any of the above? I'll add more and update this post as and when I can.

Incidentally: is there any way to collapse the keyboard without using 2 fingers?

Posted via CB10
    Easiest way to minimize the keyboard it just swipe down with one finger from the emoticon symbol or on the spot where you enter your text.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 09:32 PM
    Easiest way to minimize the keyboard it just swipe down with one finger from the emoticon symbol or on the spot where you enter your text.

Posted via CB10
    Or to swipe down anywhere in the keyboard with TWO fingers.
    03-09-13 09:41 PM
    Or to swipe down anywhere in the keyboard with TWO fingers.
    That requires two hands my way only requires the one you're holding the phone with.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 09:47 PM
    BlackBerry will keep updates coming to improve the performance of this phone patience

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 09:49 PM
    You can totally disable GPS. It's called "location services" and can be turned off from the settings menu.
    That another good tip. Are you sure that turn the GPS off? The language is exactly clear.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 12:08 AM