Does anyone have any idea about the release date for the Middle East such as Dubai, Bahrain, etc.? I'm not seeing any news about Dubai atleast.
    01-24-13 06:02 PM
    Nobody has any confirmed release dates for anywhere yet... only rumours.
    All will be revealed on Jan 30th.
    01-24-13 06:05 PM
    Given that they have a launch event in Dubai, the odds are very high that bb10 will be showing up very early on in the middle east.
    01-25-13 03:03 AM
    Mobily seems to be the only one so far that showed those ads with the back cover of the Z10 saying coming soon, but aside from that, not much else was heard.
    01-25-13 07:27 AM
    Ive asked around- their will be a launch event on the 30th for Dubai, unfortunately its invite only so I couldn't find any more info on this( most porbably will be held in Armani hotel in Birjkhalife). Went around the stores asking when they will be getting the Z10 and most confirmed that first week of Feb they will have them but couldn't confirm the exact date. Some even said that they might have them as of the 31st of January but could not confirm. As others have mentioned since Dubai is one of the six cities that will be holding a launch event its pretty safe to say that we wont have to wait long before units are being sold.

Your best bet would be to start calling some of the shops like Axiom, Sharraf DG, virgin, emax, etc.. as of the 31st and they should have a much better idea on when they will start selling them by then.
    Last edited by Arthoris; 01-26-13 at 08:03 AM.
    01-26-13 07:45 AM
    Cant wait been looking around everywhere for some news.. Since it is launching here in dubai as well it definitely should be available as and when it is available globally.
    01-26-13 07:54 AM
    I just saw in a newspaper of my current carrier that it had a BB10 page titled as "coming soon". I hope it will be released within a week after the launch date or even sooner. I'm worrying it's gonna take much longer for the Middle East as usual.
    01-26-13 04:20 PM
    It;s available at launch in Dubai (as per Axium Telecom). It will be available on Feb 15 in Saudi Arabia.
    01-27-13 01:11 AM
    It;s available at launch in Dubai (as per Axium Telecom). It will be available on Feb 15 in Saudi Arabia.
    Was this confirmed by an floor employee? or upper management? if this is this case awesome.
    01-27-13 01:29 AM
    Was this confirmed by an floor employee? or upper management? if this is this case awesome.
    Floor sales rep in Saudi Arabia. They aslo have the countdown (up to the seconds) on their website. They definitely seem very excited about it.
    01-27-13 03:32 AM
    What countdown? I couldn't find anything on their website actually.
    01-27-13 06:12 PM
    01-28-13 01:00 AM
    Mobily seems to be the only one so far that showed those ads with the back cover of the Z10 saying coming soon, but aside from that, not much else was heard.
    also Z10 will arrive soon to Zain (KSA) and STC, and Axiom Telecom..
    BB10 for the Middle East/Dubai?-680x315_eng.jpg
    BB10 for the Middle East/Dubai?-bbdjphrcqaakrwi.jpg
    btw according to the director of marketing at STC, Faisal AlSaber. BlackBerry Z10 is expected to be available on Feb 10 in Saudi Arabia and it will cost (off-contract) 2300 SAR (613.30 US Dollar)
    Last edited by iThamerBB; 01-28-13 at 03:22 AM.
    Vector-SS likes this.
    01-28-13 03:12 AM
    also Z10 will arrive soon to Zain (KSA) and STC, and Axiom Telecom..

btw according to the director of marketing at STC, Faisal AlSaber. BlackBerry Z10 is expected to be available on Feb 10 in Saudi Arabia and it will cost (off-contract) 2300 SAR (613.30 US Dollar)
    This seems cheaper that the leaks we've seen so far. I hope they don't sell it with disabled features like they did the iphones (no facetime)
    01-28-13 05:10 AM
    Here's an article that I came across about BB10 in the UAE.

Retailers confident ahead of Dubai launch of BlackBerry 10 - The National
    01-28-13 05:27 AM
    01-30-13 03:49 AM
    This has been the case for current voice service using BB7- no idea why they block it. If your still using the beta version it works though. if you update to the final version its blocked.

On another note my office is located right below the blackberry main office in internet city(Dubai). Spoke to some of the blackberry people here( who are all rocking Z10's btw) and they said expect the phone 2 weeks after the Launch event tonight for retail stores. However Axiom has set a date for Feb 6th pushed back from Jan 31st, BB peeps were fairly surprised to hear that!

Ill try and keep people updated as I am practically stalking there office:P
    01-30-13 03:55 AM
    2 days ago, I spoke to one of Etisalat employees and he told me we don't know much but it's gonna be out there in Feb
    01-30-13 04:03 AM
    Seems like Feb 10th is the release date in the region.
    I'm guessing we'll need to find ways to unblock the great features they'll block.

VIVA launches the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone powered by BlackBerry 10 in Kuwait | Viva | AMEinfo.com
    01-30-13 04:15 AM
    According to some (unconfirmed) reports, only regions who have LTE ready networks will get an LTE device. Is it safe to assume that this region will get the LTE capable versions? I know we will probably find out in around 5 hours, but the anticipation is killing me.
    01-30-13 04:39 AM
    According to some (unconfirmed) reports, only regions who have LTE ready networks will get an LTE device. Is it safe to assume that this region will get the LTE capable versions? I know we will probably find out in around 5 hours, but the anticipation is killing me.
    Correct that should be the case. 4 hours to go!
    Vector-SS likes this.
    01-30-13 04:45 AM
    Launch event in Dubai, can anyone make out where that is. Looks like armani hotel.

01-30-13 06:14 AM
    I'm from Kuwait & nothing is blocked here. I can use BBM Voice & everything BlackBerry offers.

Seems like Feb 10th is the release date in the region.
    I'm guessing we'll need to find ways to unblock the great features they'll block.

VIVA launches the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone powered by BlackBerry 10 in Kuwait | Viva | AMEinfo.com
    01-30-13 07:55 AM
    Yeah that's what I had like to know. My country is still not yet supporting LTE so I'm wondering if we're gonna get the LTE versions and will work fine on 3G?
    01-30-13 04:01 PM
    Anyone know if there is a place its available for purchase in Dubai today?
    01-31-13 03:20 AM
79 123 ...