Hi,

I dont know whether this has been posted before, if so i am really sorry for posting it again. I own a 9900 and im just waiting for my contract to finish so i can upgrade to a black Z10 (finally decided the colour). I was just wondering regarding the lockscreen wallpaper on BB10, can you change it so it is different from the main wallpaper on the app drawer or do they both remain the same?

Thanks
    02-12-13 02:58 AM
    Both stay the same. Which kind of sucks because your wallpaper can look great on the lock screen and then is hidden by active frames and app icons after you unlock.

Makes it easier to pick a wallpaper though. Something basic.
    02-12-13 03:52 AM
    Been trying to work this out. Under file manager there's a folder in device called slider lock but when you put a photo in there it still doesn't show as lock photo. Not sure what slider lock folder is for now?
    02-12-13 04:14 AM
    I don't see that folder. Can you post a screenshot please?

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-12-13 05:31 AM
    Will post photos from my pc later. Can't post pics from CB10 app at moment

02-12-13 05:40 AM
    Will post photos from my pc later. Can't post pics from CB10 app at moment

If you post them using the BB code tags to wrap an image link, it appears in the CB10 app.

Upload to Photobucket and and it even gives you the image link with the [img] & [/img] tags already wrapped on the image link.

I prefer posting images right in the post versus an attachment so it's visible without any further steps for everyone, even from the mobile site or reader apps like CB10 or Tapatalk.

Sorry for the lesson, especially if you already knew that.

02-12-13 11:38 AM
    02-12-13 01:32 PM
    That was the first screen under file manager, I select device then photos folder then I get this...but as said early not sure what this is as putting a photo into this folder doesn't set the lock screen different to main wallpaper

http://pbr41.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1360697804

02-12-13 01:38 PM
    I stumbled on this when I first got the phone. Have a cute picture of my kid(s) on the lock screen and a plain texture as a wallpaper.

Here is the trick... Parental controls. I have parental controls and on only limting removal of apps and purchasing apps.

Through "pictures" I can set the lock screen wallpaper. The background picture is through SETTINGS>DISPLAY>WALLPAPER.

Hope this helps for those that want to be able to do this.
    J1124G likes this.
    04-06-13 10:01 PM
    I stumbled on this when I first got the phone. Have a cute picture of my kid(s) on the lock screen and a plain texture as a wallpaper.

Here is the trick... Parental controls. I have parental controls and on only limting removal of apps and purchasing apps.

Through "pictures" I can set the lock screen wallpaper. The background picture is through SETTINGS>DISPLAY>WALLPAPER.

Hope this helps for those that want to be able to do this.
    Thanks, Toshido.
    This works great! BTW - all you need to do is enable Parental Controls (Don't need to actually set a control - you can leave all the settings set to on).
    04-10-13 11:26 AM