- 12-14-2012, 07:46 AM #108
Just found out that my carrier doesn't have any eval units (UK based). Do we know whether the eval unit was restricted to US/CAN or whether anything came to Europe?
Happy to have replies by PM if you don't want your username linked to info that shouldn't be linked to it! Happy to supply a contact at my carrier if you would rather deal direct with them...
- 12-14-2012, 07:56 AM #109
- 12-14-2012, 08:11 AM #110
Cool - thanks Sith. Sure that there's something in the works along the line.
I was talking with the guy in the testing team, and he said it was strange they hadn't seen them (a source of mutual trust, so I'm happy that he's not just covering up!), so I'd guess that they haven't officially begun the testing sweep. Strange for them, as they have a strong 'berry affinity. Either way, I'll just look forward to any potential releases!
- 12-14-2012, 09:02 AM #112
Pretty small tbh - Isle of Man has 80,000 people... We were the global test bed for 3g technologies I believe as we are removed from the UK by about 70 miles, so people hopping on the service wouldn't affect anything like that.
I'm intending to buy outright rather than contract in any case, but this is all useful to know - thanks again. Just gives me more time to save up and get less tied into expensive contracts. Woop! Sure my 9800 torch will last me.
- 12-14-2012, 09:37 AM #113
- 12-14-2012, 10:25 AM #114
Correct - I think they're part of Telefonica now, but I may have lost track of the company owners over the last few years.
Probably won't have to go with the outright, as they have a very good range of contracts and the concurrent discounts on their carried handsets (including the os7 and os6 'berries, along with the usual suspects in a mobile phone shop). Just that if I can get the money together, then it makes much more sense to pay full price rather than over the net price over 2 years.
I wasn't shocked really, I just wasn't sure how the eval units had been distributed, as I haven't followed a launch this closely before. It makes sense that we are further down the pecking order as market would be very limited indeed. Not the fault of the company, just the available consumers. I'll just be happy if it comes at all to be honest!
- By hoanglm3 in forum BlackBerry 7Replies: 1Last Post: 08-15-2012, 07:53 AM
- By hoanglm3 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900Replies: 11Last Post: 08-15-2012, 04:18 AM
- By guerllamo7 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 22Last Post: 06-28-2012, 11:48 PM
- By thetaro in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 182Last Post: 03-22-2012, 08:05 AM
- By lynx_deb in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700Replies: 2Last Post: 02-28-2010, 01:23 PM