Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 115
Like Tree88Likes
  1. JAGWIRE's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,322 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,327 Global Posts
    #26  

    Default

    cant wait to see what the white one will look like. thinking i might go back to black for the BB10 though. The 2nd pic showed the BB logo in the bottom left corner. are they going to be using that as the menu button? i thought i was the 3 dots?
    Back from the depths!!!
    9000>>9950>>8530>>9810>>Z10>>iPhone 5>>Z10
  2. TX Jedi's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    97 Posts
    #27  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAGWIRE View Post
    cant wait to see what the white one will look like. thinking i might go back to black for the BB10 though. The 2nd pic showed the BB logo in the bottom left corner. are they going to be using that as the menu button? i thought i was the 3 dots?
    I had the same thought. This is different than what we have seen before.
  3. TX Jedi's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    97 Posts
    #28  

    Default

    also, the HUB in general looks different, with simplified icons on left side.
  4. JAGWIRE's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,322 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,327 Global Posts
    #29  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TX Jedi View Post
    also, the HUB in general looks different, with simplified icons on left side.
    like the icons that are in the "Messages" folder on the BB now. i always enjoyed those icons, helps me know what msg belongs to what.
    Back from the depths!!!
    9000>>9950>>8530>>9810>>Z10>>iPhone 5>>Z10
  5. Superfly_FR's Avatar

    Posts
    9,316 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,327 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?
    #30  

    Default

    #IloveThat !
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares
  6. EGerhardt's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    379 Posts
    PIN
    20EB1810
    #31  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msyogota View Post
    I donīt know :/

    It seems to me that this device is too big to be able to easily operate it one handed, what do you think? For example to reach upper side only with your thumb. In my opinion 4 inch device is maximum, iPhone with 3,5 inches was better size. Currently I have 9700, I know that for today standard the screen is not big enough, but it doesn īt have to be so big.

    I hope new QWERTY device will be something better.
    It depends what you mean by 'operate one handed'. You won't be able to one hand ANYTHING as well as an older blackberry. You do all your navigating on non-touch BBs with one hand and hardware keyboards will forever be easier to use one handed than touch keyboards. You aren't ever going to get that on a full touch device, just not going to happen. However, BB10's gestures should be comfortable to use one handed from the keyboard-using position, remember they have designed with that in mind. If you need to use the opposite side top corner to do anything, you relax your hand a little and let the device slide half an inch down so you can reach; same as you would on a 4" android phone. Remember android uses the top bar for notifications, and you are always going up to it and back down, and I've never had any problems with that at all, you just get used to doing it.

    If you want to know how the full QWERTYs will feel for one handed, take a BB 9800 or 9810 with the keyboard extended, and just pretend it doesn't slide back in. It's not the exact right size, but its close enough to let you know what to expect. Personally, since I got my Torch I totally stopped using the trackpad. It takes some more hand movement than on my old bolds, because I use the touchscreen instead of the trackpad to do practically everything now (except notably select text), but I very quickly and comfortably moved from always sitting in the blackberry prayer position (ie two thumbs on the keyboard) into holding the fingers of my left hand slightly looser so I can slide my right hand up to the top of the touch screen with no major problems.

    Oh yeah, and the L-series looks niiiiiiiiice. If I didn't hate full-touch devices on principal, then I might even be tempted to get one. Slick and sexy.
  7. EGerhardt's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    379 Posts
    PIN
    20EB1810
    #32  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LongLeggs View Post
    I think it looks dull and dated. My opinion of course.

    Jessica
    I'll agree its not the most innovative design in the smartphone world, but what were you expecting for a full-touch device ? Every other full-touch device is built exactly on the same model. How long has it been since we saw any kind of real innovation in the full-touch space ? Maybe 4 or 5 years ?

    Seriously... What would you describe as being a modern and exciting look for a full-touch phone ?
  8. JAGWIRE's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,322 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,327 Global Posts
    #33  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EGerhardt View Post
    I'll agree its not the most innovative design in the smartphone world, but what were you expecting for a full-touch device ? Every other full-touch device is built exactly on the same model. How long has it been since we saw any kind of real innovation in the full-touch space ? Maybe 4 or 5 years ?

    Seriously... What would you describe as being a modern and exciting look for a full-touch phone ?
    you have to think with what you are working with. is a 4.2" slab of screen, if you add anything around the edges to much to make it "eye candy"/look good then you are guys going to take away with the one handed use of it.
    Back from the depths!!!
    9000>>9950>>8530>>9810>>Z10>>iPhone 5>>Z10
  9. Saiga's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,040 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,194 Global Posts
    #34  

    Default

    I'm a little sad to say that I no longer Care. I went from definitely buying an L series to waiting through a delay, then another delay then we find out for sure that bis is still required. It just kept getting worse and worse.

    I bought a Nexus 4 just to play with and I'm using it to type this now. I bought it as a toy to use while I waited for BB10. But now I realize RIM will never have a device that can do what my Nexus will do. My Nexus is a Google voice home phone. It has no monthly service from a wireless carrier at all, but as long as I have wifi, I have unlimited voice calls (both incoming and outgoing) and unlimited text messaging to any number. I love it. My purchase that was just intended as a toy is infinitely more useful than my 99 that I pay over $100 a month for.

    If I want, I could pay $30 for pre-paid T-Mobile data and I would have a fully functional Nexus 4 with unlimited voice, text and data and I'd save $70 a month.

    A BlackBerry without a carrier is useful as an alarm clock and a calculator and very little else. How cool is BBM voice without a wireless carrier bill? Not cool at all. BB 10 without BIS requirement could be as useful as my Nexus. But that wont be an option since RIM needs that BIS money to have a chance of surviving. I don't think I will ever agree to paying $100 a month for a BlackBerry again, not after realizing I can get more for a whole lot less.

    Not to mention, we are all waiting for BB devices that are already a year behind in every spec except screen PPI. Lol I dunno, I'm sure I'll get flamed or called a troll for this, but that's not my intent. Just sorda disappointed and maybe I've woken up some.
  10. livejam's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    378 Posts
    #35  

    Default

    With all the positive comments, I think the "L" series will be branded as "Love", because thats what everyone is feeling about it!
    BB12MX likes this.
  11. EGerhardt's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    379 Posts
    PIN
    20EB1810
    #36  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saiga View Post
    I'm a little sad to say that I no longer Care. I went from definitely buying an L series to waiting through a delay, then another delay then we find out for sure that bis is still required. It just kept getting worse and worse.

    I bought a Nexus 4 just to play with and I'm using it to type this now. I bought it as a toy to use while I waited for BB10. But now I realize RIM will never have a device that can do what my Nexus will do. My Nexus is a Google voice home phone. It has no monthly service from a wireless carrier at all, but as long as I have wifi, I have unlimited voice calls (both incoming and outgoing) and unlimited text messaging to any number. I love it. My purchase that was just intended as a toy is infinitely more useful than my 99 that I pay over $100 a month for.

    If I want, I could pay $30 for pre-paid T-Mobile data and I would have a fully functional Nexus 4 with unlimited voice, text and data and I'd save $70 a month.

    A BlackBerry without a carrier is useful as an alarm clock and a calculator and very little else. How cool is BBM voice without a wireless carrier bill? Not cool at all. BB 10 without BIS requirement could be as useful as my Nexus. But that wont be an option since RIM needs that BIS money to have a chance of surviving. I don't think I will ever agree to paying $100 a month for a BlackBerry again, not after realizing I can get more for a whole lot less.

    Not to mention, we are all waiting for BB devices that are already a year behind in every spec except screen PPI. Lol I dunno, I'm sure I'll get flamed or called a troll for this, but that's not my intent. Just sorda disappointed and maybe I've woken up some.
    Aside from anything else, if you bought a Nexus 4 off the shelf then you paid at least $400 up front. So you didn't buy it just as a toy, did you... You paid a lot of money for a very expensive device that was destined to be your daily driver. Also, google voice is not actually the same as having phone service. Its a good service for sure, but its not actually the same. Mainly because you need wifi because your cheap. So if you ever leave the house then you won't be able to make or receive calls. Also you can't call the cops. Oh and its US only.

    Shockingly enough, every phone needs a contract to actually function as described on the box. You can find some replacements for some parts of that for some phones, but you will never be able to get the same degree of service as you would by having a contract. Android does better than most without a SIM, because they make up the vast majority of wifi only tablets, so they have gotten more support for that application. But nothing ever replaces a contract, there are always major draw backs, and of course you have to buy an expensive device at full retail.

    Specifically, almost nothing can replace a $100 a month contract. There's no way that you paid that much and didn't get unlimited voice, unlimited texts and about 5gb of data. No way does a $30 a month data contract and google voice come close to replacing that degree of service. Alternatively you got sold a stupidly expensive contract and are now bitter towards RIM for that.

    As for specs... Well your an android fanboy now. There's no convincing you that you bought something that has more horsepower than you could ever use and that will blight your life with terrible battery life as a result. But that's what will happen. So have fun with that. For what its worth, the BB10 specs are not finalised, so you should probably wait for that to happen before you complain. The Galaxy S 2 was more powerful than the iPhone 5 and came out a year earlier... How much did that effect the sales of the latter ? How much does that effect the performance on the latter ?
  12. Saiga's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,040 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,194 Global Posts
    #37  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EGerhardt View Post
    Aside from anything else, if you bought a Nexus 4 off the shelf then you paid at least $400 up front. So you didn't buy it just as a toy, did you... You paid a lot of money for a very expensive device that was destined to be your daily driver. Also, google voice is not actually the same as having phone service. Its a good service for sure, but its not actually the same. Mainly because you need wifi because your cheap. So if you ever leave the house then you won't be able to make or receive calls. Also you can't call the cops. Oh and its US only.

    Shockingly enough, every phone needs a contract to actually function as described on the box. You can find some replacements for some parts of that for some phones, but you will never be able to get the same degree of service as you would by having a contract. Android does better than most without a SIM, because they make up the vast majority of wifi only tablets, so they have gotten more support for that application. But nothing ever replaces a contract, there are always major draw backs, and of course you have to buy an expensive device at full retail.

    Specifically, almost nothing can replace a $100 a month contract. There's no way that you paid that much and didn't get unlimited voice, unlimited texts and about 5gb of data. No way does a $30 a month data contract and google voice come close to replacing that degree of service. Alternatively you got sold a stupidly expensive contract and are now bitter towards RIM for that.

    As for specs... Well your an android fanboy now. There's no convincing you that you bought something that has more horsepower than you could ever use and that will blight your life with terrible battery life as a result. But that's what will happen. So have fun with that. For what its worth, the BB10 specs are not finalised, so you should probably wait for that to happen before you complain. The Galaxy S 2 was more powerful than the iPhone 5 and came out a year earlier... How much did that effect the sales of the latter ? How much does that effect the performance on the latter ?
    Nexus 4 off contract costs $299 with tax and shipping the total comes up to $334. The first BlackBerry 10 devices will probably cost close to that much on contract.

    My Nexus 4 lasts longer than my Bold 9930. I have went 17 hours and 23 minutes on a single charge with the Nexus 4, (I'm sure being on WiFi and airplane mode at all times helps out a lot with battery life though) My Bold 9930 has never made it past 12 hours.

    You use the word fanboy to describe people? Do you not think you are one? I mean you are spreading misinformation. Lol not everyone is too closed minded to try something new, I also have a Nokia Lumia 822. I try EVERYTHING instead of just proclaiming that BlackBerry is the best with having zero experience with the alternatives. Right now, in my house, I have a 3 BlackBerry devices, 3 Android smartphones and 1 Windows Phone 8 device. Lol and you think I am a fanboy? You really still using a 9000? If so I think it might be time you try something new.
    kevinnugent and Syrous44 like this.
  13. DuexNoir's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    474 Posts
    #38  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saiga View Post
    I'm a little sad to say that I no longer Care. I went from definitely buying an L series to waiting through a delay, then another delay then we find out for sure that bis is still required. It just kept getting worse and worse....Not to mention, we are all waiting for BB devices that are already a year behind in every spec except screen PPI. Lol I dunno, I'm sure I'll get flamed or called a troll for this, but that's not my intent. Just sorda disappointed and maybe I've woken up some.
    You found something you like, good for you.

    Now onto other things...I'm really looking forward to the L-series. The icons originally shown as a mock with grey background didn't look good but now that it's placed into a real system along with other icons, I'd say it looks a lot better than previous versions. But I wonder what they will look like on a brighter background? Will the gray/black icon box show up more?

    And I would venture to say that the one who took the images should have chosen a more vague/neutral background. The distinct carpet and table/chairs setting can probably be recognized for its location.
    I use BB10...the blasphemy!
    BoldAlways likes this.
  14. kdna's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    621 Posts
    #39  

    Default

    Couple of things to point out that make me believe this is NOT an "L-Series". By the way, I do not believe RIM gave the name of the super phones as L, London or whatever. There are two BlackBerry 10 devices that we know: BlackBerry 10 Full-Touch, and BlackBerry 10 Qwerty. These devices HAVE NOT been leaked.

    These so-called "leakes" look like they are coming from the China region. It seems that they started occuring AFTER RIM held their BlackBerry Jam developer event in Beijing, China ( BlackBerry 10 Jam World Tour: Beijing, China - Registration. This is where RIM seeded developers with Dev Alphas.

    The software that's being shown is NOT AT ALL new. The images of the so-called leaks are of the BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha. There are slight modifications to the casing. The location of the volume up and down buttons also suggests this is a Dev Alpha. The BlackBerry Hub screen you see in this picture is an app the developers probably cooked up in 20 minutes. It is not the real thing. I am sure RIM has security measures in place to prevent leaks, especially for a monumental launch of BlackBerry 10. How incompetent it would be to have the media get ahold of what is to be released via a leak before anything is officially announced to the public.

    I am not going to fall for these tricks. Let's wait until January 30, 2013 to see the REAL BlackBerry 10 hardware.
    Purchase these awesome apps for Z10 (BB10-device): Utilities: Mobile Network | Developer ModeBluetooth | Mobile Hotspot | NFC | Learn Essential Japanese Verbs | Ultimate Powerball
    FREE BlackBoard Lite (Free!) Coming SOON!: Mega Millions 10
    Kyle27 and henryg23 like this.
  15. Esgetn2hoT's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    15 Posts
    #40  

    Default

    i just came
  16. san4berry's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    429 Posts
    Global Posts
    433 Global Posts
    #41  

    Default

    Can they rid of the box around icons
    smoveal likes this.
  17. Snipperdo17's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    885 Posts
    Global Posts
    992 Global Posts
    #42  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LongLeggs View Post
    I am going to have to assume that the "L" in L Series means LATE. Let's face it, these phones are dead last to the party, it's been done already. The two sections above and below the screen should be shaved or at least somewhat hidden, kinda what Nokia did with their windows phones. It just looks like all the rest of the phones out there. I thought RIM wanted to break away, be fresh, be new and innovative? When crackberry had people make renderings for what they thought BB10 phones should look like is what I would call modern and edgy. From cosmetics, this is just a dull, been there done that deal.

    Jessica
    What would you like them to do? Every touch screen phone out there looks similar. The way you break apart from the others is software. How can you be so judgemental about something you have never seen in person? The phone has a simple and classy look to it, and that appeals to most. I do agree with the areas above and below the screen but it's not a dealbreaker for me. I also think those pictures make those areas look bigger than they really are.
  18. gtpointer's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    301 Posts
    #43  

    Default

    Anyone notice how App World has been renamed BlackBerry World?
  19. skyrocket9's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,015 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,023 Global Posts
    #44  

    Default Re: BB10 L-Series Evaluation Unit!!!!!!

    That is one ugly device... there is absolutely no need to make the borders that noticeable in between the screen. I'm not really sure why any designers would think that js aesthetically appealing. A monkey could have designed a more aesthetically appealing device. I guarantee you that will not sell. IT HAS TO GO UP AGAINST AN IPHONE 5....

    What do you think a customer who has no idea about blackberry or iPhone would chose. Definitely not this device.... good god rim.

    I hope you don't bbutcher the N series like this.
  20. leejayh's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    550 Posts
    #45  

    Default

    I like it well enough. I am not sure what people are expecting from all touch phones now. Perhaps the most interesting looking one lately is the HTC 8X. But the fact is, they are all pretty much the same.

    What really matters to me is what is running inside. My Droid Incredible 4G still does not get the bulk of my attention like me 9810 (regardless of all of the apps on the DINC4G).

    That said - what would really be interesting in the physical phone world design is a Torch Slider - with cutting edge specs. I hate that everything is turning into a Touch only device. That is boring as .
    el_excelsior likes this.
  21. TheScionicMan's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    8,762 Posts
    #46  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LongLeggs View Post
    I am going to have to assume that the "L" in L Series means LATE. Let's face it, these phones are dead last to the party, it's been done already. The two sections above and below the screen should be shaved or at least somewhat hidden, kinda what Nokia did with their windows phones. It just looks like all the rest of the phones out there. I thought RIM wanted to break away, be fresh, be new and innovative? When crackberry had people make renderings for what they thought BB10 phones should look like is what I would call modern and edgy. From cosmetics, this is just a dull, been there done that deal.

    Jessica
    Your solution to making it not look like every other phone is to make it look like that other, other phone?
    They talk about me like a dog, talkin' about the clothes I wear
    But they don't realize they're the ones who's square.
  22. gjohnsto's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    238 Posts
    #47  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LongLeggs View Post
    I think it looks dull and dated. My opinion of course.

    Jessica
    Ys... Screens with icons have been around for a long time...
    ctuffy likes this.
  23. RECOOL's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,495 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,496 Global Posts
    #48  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inthemix9 View Post
    That is one ugly device... there is absolutely no need to make the borders that noticeable in between the screen. I'm not really sure why any designers would think that js aesthetically appealing. A monkey could have designed a more aesthetically appealing device. I guarantee you that will not sell. IT HAS TO GO UP AGAINST AN IPHONE 5....

    What do you think a customer who has no idea about blackberry or iPhone would chose. Definitely not this device.... good god rim.

    I hope you don't bbutcher the N series like this.
    Iphone 5 is the same phone as previous generations longer and skinner with paint that comes off.Real beauty most users have it in cases lmao

    This phone already got put next to an iphone 5 and the fruit phone looked pretty bad.
    kdna likes this.
  24. skyrocket9's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,015 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,023 Global Posts
    #49  

    Default Re: BB10 L-Series Evaluation Unit!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by RECOOL View Post
    Iphone 5 is the same phone as previous generations longer and skinner with paint that comes off.Real beauty most users have it in cases lmao

    This phone already got put next to an iphone 5 and the fruit phone looked pretty bad.
    That's not the point,

    If someone who has never had a phone before got to chose I'm sure they would chose the iPhone 5.

    This phone is a disaster in aesthetically appealing department.

    Yes you compared it tk the iphone 5 on crackberry forums where there is all aorta of bias.

    The real test is when it's on a store display next to other devices and a first time consumer gets to make a choice.


    Rim need to impress new consumers with Its devices, not the fans it already has.

    Stop being so freaking biased, I own a 9900 and want rim to succeed too. This phone is just a disaster.
  25. fernandomagelan's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    113 Posts
    #50  

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by LongLeggs View Post
    I think it looks dull and dated. My opinion of course.

    Jessica


    Quote Originally Posted by inthemix9 View Post
    That is one ugly device... there is absolutely no need to make the borders that noticeable in between the screen. I'm not really sure why any designers would think that js aesthetically appealing. A monkey could have designed a more aesthetically appealing device. I guarantee you that will not sell. IT HAS TO GO UP AGAINST AN IPHONE 5....

    What do you think a customer who has no idea about blackberry or iPhone would chose. Definitely not this device.... good god rim.

    I hope you don't bbutcher the N series like this.


    Quote Originally Posted by inthemix9 View Post
    If someone who has never had a phone before got to chose I'm sure they would chose the iPhone 5.

    This phone is a disaster in aesthetically appealing department.
    Stop being so freaking biased, I own a 9900 and want rim to succeed too. This phone is just a disaster.


    Hallelujah!!! Thank you so much!
    I have said enough here. Read to the end.
    And why so many different threads in which discussing the same thing?
    Last edited by fernandomagelan; 11-20-2012 at 07:32 PM.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Upgrade OS 7.1 for Evaluation Unit 9900
    By hoanglm3 in forum BlackBerry 7
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-15-2012, 06:53 AM
  2. Upgrade OS 7.1 for Evaluation Unit 9900
    By hoanglm3 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-15-2012, 03:18 AM
  3. BB10 N Series vs. Bold 9900
    By guerllamo7 in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-28-2012, 10:48 PM
  4. I got a Playbook 4G Evaluation Unit on Ebay.
    By thetaro in forum BlackBerry PlayBook
    Replies: 182
    Last Post: 03-22-2012, 07:05 AM
  5. Evaluation Unit - can be updated?
    By lynx_deb in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-28-2010, 12:23 PM

Posting Permissions