The BB10 keyboard made me lazy...-img_00002028_edit.png

I used to be the best and fastest phone typist out of all my friends, I would beat them with my phone, I would take theirs and still beat them with it. But nw...I'm lazy.
    Yes lazy! After using the Z10 for about 7 months. I hardly win those competitions with my friends anymore.
    The BB10 is good, too good, too good to a fault. Typing rubbish and knowing the phone would auto correct it for me correctly, became a habit. And even when I'm flicking words, I don't even bother to be very accurate, because you can flick on another Letter/Character close to the letter you intended to flick and the keyboard would still flick up the correct word, just like the picture I uploaded above.
    Heck, if there's only one word available to flick on the Row of letters, you can flick it miles away on that same row. For example: in the photo I sent, you can flick up Tuesday even from letter "R".
    But if there were 2 words. It would flick up the word closer to the character you tried to flick.
    Even though I am now Lazy and Spoilt, I am very grateful for the BB10 keyboard. Thank you BlackBerry.

From Zuri my Z10.
    01-10-14 11:41 AM
    Completely agree with you.

The z10 typing experience is the bomb.

I showed it to a lady with a Samsung phone and at first she said oh my Samsung has that and then when she saw the flick typing on action, she was impressed.

BlackBerry somehow needs to get the word out about this sweet, sweet typing experience.

Posted via CB10
    kthhrrsn and Blomsternisse like this.
    01-10-14 11:47 AM
    I started to notice that since I got my Z10, I had been making tons of mistakes typing on my laptop at work

Posted via CB10
    H4zN likes this.
    01-10-14 11:52 AM
    I used to be the best and fastest phone typist out of all my friends, I would beat them with my phone, I would take theirs and still beat them with it. But nw...I'm lazy.
    Surely you still beat them with your own phone though?
    01-10-14 12:13 PM
    Lol. I have noticed that I have been lazy too. I can type gibberish and it will still pick out the words I had intended to use. I still get some "ifs" instead of "of" but not too many times.

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10 with 1925
    01-10-14 12:39 PM
    Agreed. I picked up my friends' iPhone and was disgusted because it wanted me to type the whole word! No flick, no guessing the next word.
    Blomsternisse and kthhrrsn like this.
    01-10-14 12:47 PM
    Lazy for me is using speech to text. Guilty as charged.

Posted via CB10
    mzceetee likes this.
    01-10-14 12:51 PM
    Surely you still beat them with your own phone though?
    I don't even participate anymore, they say the flicking thing is cheating. I'm still fast without it tho.

From Zuri my Z10.
    CarGuy1368 likes this.
    01-10-14 12:56 PM
    I started to notice that since I got my Z10, I had been making tons of mistakes typing on my laptop at work

Posted via CB10
    Lol. This is funny

From Zuri my Z10.
    01-10-14 12:58 PM
    Lol. I have noticed that I have been lazy too. I can type gibberish and it will still pick out the words I had intended to use. I still get some "ifs" instead of "of" but not too many times.

You can correct that with word substitution I believe

From Zuri my Z10.
    01-10-14 01:00 PM
    I can type gibberish and it will still pick out the words I had intended to use.
    It is like magic isn't it.
    01-10-14 01:07 PM
    I hear you. I just tap as fast as I can and proofread afterwards.

The BlackBerry keyboard has ruined me for any other kb!

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 01:13 PM
    I try to have those contests with my friends, but since I'm on a Q10 I'm sometimes slower. But when I make them type as fast as they can without errors while not looking at the phone (something I do all the time), I always win

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    01-10-14 01:15 PM
    we don't have to type out anything anymore. we're learning to put our thumbs to rest lol
    01-10-14 01:55 PM
    The swipe back to delete a word has ruined most other keyboards for me (Fleksy on Android is the only other keyboard I know with it). I don't want to have to repeatedly tap or hold a button down to delete. I have no patience for that now!

Posted via Tapatalk/Moto X
    JamBueree and Nature Slice like this.
    01-10-14 02:01 PM
    Blackberry10 keyboard....the thing that make you go hmmmm
    01-10-14 02:15 PM
    I am guilty of all of this (except for text to speech). I've got so bad/lazy it has troubles with my gibberish at times, although I turned off the auto-correct one time just to see how bad I really am, I typed unreadable garbage, maybe 2 out of 5 letters were correct... Love It.
    01-10-14 02:30 PM
    Swiping words up, swiping back to delete, swiping down to change to the symbols page.... I love it all!!!

The delete is awesome when you can swipe back with one finger to delete one word, two fingers for two words, three fingers for three words...
    SmileDahling likes this.
    01-10-14 02:35 PM
    The keyboard here is good enough that I can stop looking at the keyboard and just type.
    Because you know where the letters are roughly, let auto correct do the rest.
    01-10-14 02:37 PM
    One of my iPhone Colleagues saw/heard me typing on my Z10 and came over and watched me. He heard the clickity-click noises as I was firing away and it got him curious. Now he thinks I’m a Ninja because his head was spinning at how quickly AND accurately I could type (even thou I'm not accurate at all....agree with the OP, the autocorrect sets you up for bad habits LOL).

he was totally blown away when I was flicking down to bring up numbers and symbols and the keyboard just switched back to letters. He said it took him a bit to clue in what I was doing because it happened so quickly, but when he did he thought it was really neat.

Needless to say, he has keyboard envy
    Blomsternisse likes this.
    01-10-14 02:54 PM
    Waiting for my z10 to be delivered cannot wait to try it
    01-10-14 04:06 PM
    i just downloaded the flesky keyboard and its been removed from my android in under 5 mins lol couldnt get used to that x x x got a huaei g 510 now my 9810 in drawer my other half kept moaning screen to small whem he checked his football on my phone, x shame though was thinking of a z10 x
    01-10-14 04:25 PM
    The swipe back to delete a word has ruined most other keyboards for me (Fleksy on Android is the only other keyboard I know with it). I don't want to have to repeatedly tap or hold a button down to delete. I have no patience for that now!

I know right. I find it cumbersome trying to type on other devices now since it takes awhile to delete.

01-10-14 04:42 PM
    i just downloaded the flesky keyboard and its been removed from my android in under 5 mins lol couldnt get used to that x x x got a huaei g 510 now my 9810 in drawer my other half kept moaning screen to small whem he checked his football on my phone, x shame though was thinking of a z10 x
    It does have a learning curve, and there are times it frustrates me. I think it has some cool ideas behind it, though.

01-10-14 04:51 PM
    Waiting for my z10 to be delivered cannot wait to try it
    You're gonna love it

From Zuri my Z10.
    01-10-14 05:05 PM
59 123