OK.....I wasn't sure where to post this but...can someone with a Dev Alpha device comment on the email UI, please????
    One of the features I loved most about all my BB's was the email client. Threaded, unified in boxes, mark as unread....and in OS7 the ability to "drop down" the home screen and see all unread email & txt's, calander events, etc.....
    I'm a contractor and live my life @ 70mph on txt/email/calendar....the ability to mark a txt or email "unread" to address later (possibly a couple days later) was a function I really found myself relying on.....It's a system I can't impliment with my GSIII.....
    Can someone please give a personal review of the email/txt UI?
    01-15-13 07:08 AM
    The Hub/Email are not enabled in the dev alpha OS. We can add an email address to accounts, but there is no way to access natively right now.
    01-15-13 07:35 AM
    Given that the PlayBook already has the "mark as unread" capability, and as far as I can tell those other things, I'm quite sure BB10 will have all that and more, and will totally satisfy you.

Have no worries, just... patience.
    01-15-13 07:40 AM
    The Hub/Email are not enabled in the dev alpha OS. We can add an email address to accounts, but there is no way to access natively right now.
    Hmmm....The one thing BB's have always killed the compitition with and it's not on the Dev Device 2 weeks from dropping?????

Given that the PlayBook already has the "mark as unread" capability, and as far as I can tell those other things, I'm quite sure BB10 will have all that and more, and will totally satisfy you.

Have no worries, just... patience.
    I liked the email UI on my PB. But if I remember, those unread email were NOT in a central location/window......patience is not one of my virtues. I hung with RIM for years until Thor dropped the BB10 Q1 release bomb. I want to "go home" so to speak.
    I want communication on my mobile to be what it used to be....with all the bells & whistles I have now...In other words, I want my cake and I wanna eat it, too.
    01-15-13 08:05 AM
    Hmmm....The one thing BB's have always killed the compitition with and it's not on the Dev Device 2 weeks from dropping?????
    The dev alpha devices are not meant to have the full o/s, they are there to help people make apps for bb10, so would be of no need for most people.
    01-15-13 10:03 AM
    The dev alpha devices are not meant to have the full o/s, they are there to help people make apps for bb10, so would be of no need for most people.
    AH.....Gotcha. Makes sense
    01-15-13 10:14 AM