- CrackBerry Newbie
- 3 Posts
BB Z10STL100-1 Battery Drains after 10.1.0.4181 Update
I love my Z10. It was working fine till I updated it to 4181 update. Battery works fine but it doesn't show it's draining. Without any prior notification or anything around When battery shows 50% my cell dies. When I plug the charger it shows empty battery and it charges the phone for 5 minutes before turning on. When device is finally booted battery shows 50% charged icon. I tried wipe several times, try re-loading device software but during the process of downloading software When it reached 35-39% download it says 'error occurred, Please try again. No internet connection' When I click retry button it doesn't reload. Please help in this situation as I don't want to let go of my device but with this battery life I am being pushed to sell it.
following steps i have already performed.
When I tried reloading software through BlackBerry Link it returned following error after showing 94% downloaded progress. Internet connection is fine. It has done the same over couple of nights before.
My phone was working fine on 10.0.9.2372 update
Last night I reloaded 10.2.0.1047, it worked fine, kept the phone on charger all night. Phone died when battery was showing 70% charging remaining of cell.
People at blackberry support forum have failed to resolve. Can anybody help me resolve this solution???
Full history here:
BB Z10 Battery Drains after 10.1.0.4181 Update - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
Last edited by jawad.ashraf; 08-25-2013 at 01:22 PM. Reason: typing error in subjected.
- 08-25-2013, 02:14 PM #2
On the official BlackBerry forums thread that you created earlier this week, someone repeatedly told you how to get the older OS you were asking for a link for, but there was no indication you actually retrieved or installed that OS. (10.0.9.2372) Did you?
However it looks like Mobilink in Pakistan has now released the MR update, so the "official" OS for that device on your carrier is now software release version 10.1.0.4181 / OS version 10.1.0.4633. If you try to reload the OS via BlackBerry Link, it will probably offer you that version.
This issue of the device reporting dead battery when there is still significant charge left is a commonly-reported one for the STL100-1 device, though not unique to that device. (I had something similiar happen to my STL100-4 yesterday, on 10.1.0.4828. A reboot solved that for me.)
Here are several discussion threads about basically the same issue. In the future you may want to use the search feature to find them, that's how I just found these:
BB 10.1.0.4633 STL100-1 Phone shutdown at 25% battery!
Device turns off at 25%
My Z10 shuts down at 30%
my blackberry z10 shuts down at 20% battery
Sudden switch off of BB Z10.
- 08-25-2013, 03:58 PM #4
It may not be possibe to reload that version because BlackBerry "blacklists" older OS's due to security vulnerabilities and so on.
You cannot download that OS any longer, though someone that had done so previously and saved it could theoretically make it available to you.
But that won't help you if the version is blacklisted - the bootrom of the device will not let you install a blacklisted OS version.
- 08-26-2013, 01:32 PM #5
yeah that is the hardware failure (battery counter) in stl100-1 i think,
there is 3 workarround
- the first workarround applied if you're a rich person, just buy a new battery. lol
- the second workarround would be borrow your friend's battery, just remove your battery(see how many level your battery have before swapping) after that you plug in your friend battery and use it for a little while, just say for 5-10 minutes, then turn off and remove your friend battery, after that plug in your old battery back. and see how many level your battery has, and use it until your phone shut off.
- the third workarround is from a crackberry user that i forgot the name was, you just use your phone until it dies, remove all the microsd card, SIM card, and battery. leave your phone(all removed) for arround 1-2 hours, (additional step: scratch all the pins in your battery (the gold one) with anything to make the gold more shinny), after 1-2 hours, plug the phone into charger(but not into power outlet), insert microsd,sim,and battery back, and then press and hold the power button for 1 minute, while still holding the power button, plug the charger into power outlet until the phone bootup with the battery icon, release the power button.
the second and third workarround worked for me until now, but i don't know that will work on you tooApple iPhone 4S
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0
- By scholk in forum BlackBerry 10 OSReplies: 7Last Post: 08-26-2013, 08:40 AM
- By jawadkassmyy in forum BlackBerry 10 OSReplies: 6Last Post: 08-25-2013, 06:57 PM
- By jaredsh248 in forum BlackBerry Q10Replies: 1Last Post: 08-25-2013, 02:05 PM
- By talhawani in forum BlackBerry Z10Replies: 4Last Post: 08-25-2013, 01:11 PM
- By ozowarac in forum BB10 Leaked/Beta OSReplies: 6Last Post: 08-25-2013, 10:55 AM