I removed the battery, rebooted. I have a leaked OS (been fine for 3 months beyond a few UI issues). I have the lock screen where you have a bunch of numbers from 0 - 9 and you put your number in a certain spot of a picture.

Tried to load BB Link on my new Windows 8.1 notebook - epic fail, the install process produces a blue screen. Tried twice loading BB Link twice.

Any ideas?
    01-11-14 10:37 PM
    I removed the battery, rebooted. I have a leaked OS (been fine for 3 months beyond a few UI issues). I have the lock screen where you have a bunch of numbers from 0 - 9 and you put your number in a certain spot of a picture.

Tried to load BB Link on my new Windows 8.1 notebook - epic fail, the install process produces a blue screen. Tried twice loading BB Link twice.

Any ideas?
    Run it in windows 7 compatability mode

And for the phone, you can input the wrong Picture password about 5 times. If you fail, it asks you to input your password manually

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    01-11-14 10:49 PM
    Run it in windows 7 compatability mode

And for the phone, you can input the wrong Picture password about 5 times. If you fail, it asks you to input your password manually

I can run the install in Win 7 compatible mode?

I don't even see the numbers, I swipe up and I can just keep swiping up.
    01-11-14 10:59 PM
    Yeah I am new to Windows 8 and I don't know what you are talking about in terms of Windows 7 compatibility mode. Wasn't a right click option and search was leading me to websites (not local items). Kind of wish I got Win 7 with this notebook now LOL.

Edit: found it under properties.

Edit 2: Windows 7 mode still causes the stupid frowny face BlueScreen.
    01-11-14 11:31 PM
    Yeah I am new to Windows 8 and I don't know what you are talking about in terms of Windows 7 compatibility mode. Wasn't a right click option and search was leading me to websites (not local items). Kind of wish I got Win 7 with this notebook now LOL.

Edit: found it under properties.

Edit 2: Windows 7 mode still causes the stupid frowny face BlueScreen.
    I still think it could be to do with win 8 unfortunately. Maybe you could try have a look at other threads dealing with win 8 issues.

01-12-14 09:36 AM
    You might be able to find an AUTOLOADER for your version of the OS in the OS subforum or even a LEAK Autoloader. There is also Sachesi which can also find and load OS's. (I think someone mentioned that BB Link needs to be installed for autoloaders????). How about a friend or relative's computer.

Good luck.

So all you get is the PICTURE but no NumberGrid to slide around? Try swiping from all edge directions into the middle of the screen. I know someone else posted about having the same problems.
    01-12-14 10:36 AM