Guys,

I need your help. A month after getting my Z10, I was on a Skype video call when it started to overheat. It showed a blue screen (reminded me of the Windows XP blue screen of death) and then it shut down. After a prolonged reboot, all was good. I now jumped on playing the Flight Theory (flight simulation) game when it again started to overheat. It showed a blank dark screen and shutdown, this time around, it would not start again. I plugged it to direct power and the red light showed, I put the battery and nothing. I spoke with the Verizon reps about it, they thought it was a bad battery. I now have a new replacement battery and yet it won't start. Has anyone encountered this issue or am I alone on this? I would really appreciate any input from you all.
    08-20-13 12:55 PM
    Yeah it is a battery issue, but unfortunately (in my case at least) the battery destroys the device afterwards.

A had my first Z10 since launch, but one day while playing a game, my phone overheated and a blue screen appeared. I did a battery pull and the phone booted up normally.

I was texting a friend a few minutes later and the screen became unresponsive, and then faded away to nothing.

After that the phone wouldn't power back up, so I went to my local T-Mobile and they let me try out a new battery, but the Z10 still wouldn't power up.

T-Mobile told me to send the phone back for a replacement, so I did the following day, and received my replacement the following day.

I stuck my OLD BATTERY in the phone and the device made a loud noise during setup and rebooted.

The phone worked for about a week, and then I got the blue screen again!

This time I sent the phone back for a THIRD replacement, but this time I purchased a NEW battey.

I haven't had any problems since.

It us my belief that it is a battery issue at first, but after a while of using the defective battery the phone will become damaged and rendered unusable.

My best advice is to return it and buy a new battery.

Hope that helps...

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 01:18 PM
    You don't get a new battery with the phone?
    08-20-13 01:22 PM
    You don't get a new battery with the phone?
    Not sure if you're talking to me or not, but I didn't get a new battery with the phone because Tmo thought they knew what my problem was (but obviously they didn't). They thought it was a hardware issue with the actual device, so they did not see it necessary to send me a new battery with the phone even though I had asked them to.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Bobert_123; 08-20-13 at 06:03 PM.
    08-20-13 01:38 PM