Today the keyboard on my Blackberry Z10 just stopped working. When you push keys you can hear the sound but no letter appear. I used Link to transfer to another new Z10 I had, thinking it was a hardware flaw, but on the brand new out of the box Z10 the key board also did not work once I transferred the data over....anybody have any ideas?
    07-20-13 07:28 PM
    If the rest of the touch screen interface is working (swiping, gestures, tapping on icons, etc.) then it can't be a hardware issue since it's just a virtual keyboard. Most likely a software issue. Have you tried restoring the first Z10 to factory settings, to see if it works? Any new apps or settings changes that could have coincided with the issue?
    07-20-13 07:33 PM
    If the rest of the touch screen interface is working (swiping, gestures, tapping on icons, etc.) then it can't be a hardware issue since it's just a virtual keyboard. Most likely a software issue. Have you tried restoring the first Z10 to factory settings, to see if it works? Any new apps or settings changes that could have coincided with the issue?
    Was using the browser when it happened.
    07-20-13 07:36 PM
    In normal bbm and text messages, when u type really long message, the keyboard lags so much it's barely Usable. This had better get fixed din na update cos it makes long messages useless and painful

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 08:07 PM
    Was using the browser when it happened.
    Was in voicemail today - dialpad was blooie - couldn't enter PSWD correctly because it was erratic . Trapped to Verizon but couldn't answer SS# question either. Reboot seems to work. Had rare random reboot earlier out of the blue. Big T-storm in area. Running original 10.0 .
    07-20-13 08:12 PM
    Does it only happen in browser?

Did you even try restarting the phone

Resetting to factory default

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 08:13 PM
    Today the keyboard on my Blackberry Z10 just stopped working. When you push keys you can hear the sound but no letter appear. I used Link to transfer to another new Z10 I had, thinking it was a hardware flaw, but on the brand new out of the box Z10 the key board also did not work once I transferred the data over....anybody have any ideas?
    I've had the same thing happen on several occasions. I usually just power off and restart my Z10 when it happens and everything then works fine again. I believe I read somewhere that the problem is supposed to have been fixed in a newer OS version, but Verizon hasn't released it yet and so far I haven't installed any leaks, so don't know for sure.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 08:36 PM
    Really? I'm going to write a really long reply to test this out. So far it seems to be holding up ok. I'm sure that I am typing fast enough for the test to be accurate. This took me almost 40 seconds to type including spelling changes. The keyboard works flawlessly. Must be something with your method of type input

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 08:42 PM
    The above was in response to the lag complaints. sorry if it was confusing

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 08:43 PM
    Verizon seems to B a real ****ty provider. Lots of bugs in their builds it seems

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 08:45 PM
    The above was in response to the lag complaints. sorry if it was confusing

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, appreciate that you clarified it!

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 09:05 PM
    Does it only happen in browser?

Did you even try restarting the phone

Resetting to factory default

Posted via CB10
    I tried transferring to an extra z10 (new) that I had and the issue transferred too! I used the transfer utility in Link.

I ended up having to security wipe the new one and rebuild it. Fortunately emails all imap or exchange. Contacts and calendar on exchange too so didn't lose anything there.

Such a weird issue. Now worried it could happen again.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 05:29 PM
    Good thing you had a new z10 handy.... wait what?!

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 05:33 PM
    I've had the same thing happen on several occasions. I usually just power off and restart my Z10 when it happens and everything then works fine again. I believe I read somewhere that the problem is supposed to have been fixed in a newer OS version, but Verizon hasn't released it yet and so far I haven't installed any leaks, so don't know for sure.

Posted via CB10
    I'm on AT&T OS 10.1.0.2074. Fixed it with a device wipe and added account again. But scared it may happen again.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 06:00 PM