Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lalingo
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BB Z10 facebook problem

Hey all,

I just got my amazing bb z10 on tuesday but the only problem I am having with this phone is that whenever I send a message to someone on facebook, it will keep sending the same message over and over again /: a couple of people had to delete or block me just because the messages won't stop sending.
    Is anyone else experiencing the same or similar problem or does anyone know how to fix this ?

thank you
    Banned

Global Posts
    380 Global Posts

Hahaha you got blocked because of that?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,012 Global Posts

I've only sent a few Facebook messages from my Z10 so far but none of them were duplicated.
    Click on the link below for some great free Blackberry Themes

The Theme Zone
    http://thethemezone.blogspot.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

I've been using it quite a bit and I haven't had any issues.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    Nick Dollimount
    http://nickdollimount.com
    BBM Channel: C00059640
    CrackBerry User

Facebook works fine from my phone, too.
    If I were to make a guess, I'd say uninstall then reinstall the app.
    If not that then battery pull?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    984 Global Posts

Were you 3G/4G or wifi? Does it happen each message or just certain ones?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

well basically i said hey to my friend yesterday and even now today it keeps sending it,it don't make a difference whether im on 3G/4G or wifi it will still do it /:

Uhh I don't think it's your phone doing that. You could've tried restarting the phone or turning off wifi/cell for a while at the least, but you decided to let it keep sending for a whole day before doing anything? I've been using Facebook a lot, and the only problems I'm having with it is replying ti a message in the hub never sends the message (red clock goes where the message shoukd indefinitely) and when in the messages part of the app, it doesn't refresh, so u have to keep going out of Facebook messages and coming back to see what the other person wrote.

When you go on your computer, does it show that you've sent a ton of messages?
    Mod Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    10,168 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often

Quote Originally Posted by JemmyJem92 View Post
    Hey all,

I just got my amazing bb z10 on tuesday but the only problem I am having with this phone is that whenever I send a message to someone on facebook, it will keep sending the same message over and over again /: a couple of people had to delete or block me just because the messages won't stop sending.
    Is anyone else experiencing the same or similar problem or does anyone know how to fix this ?

thank you

Sounds like your device may be in low signal areas and the messages are retrying because the phone doesnt get confirmation that you sent it.
    ~S_A
    All views and opinions here are my own, and do not represent any views, opinions, or official communications either actual or implied of my employer.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

I just un-installed facebook then uploaded it again for now there is no problems but I am still kind of scared to send other people messages from my phone, when i sign into facebook from my laptop it shows that i sent at least 5 messages within each hour which is very annoying because people think I am doing it on purpose

If your signal is bad enough, any phone you get will keep doing that. Make sure you have good signal whether wifi or cell. Why are you scared of messaging your Facebook friends? Tell them you're testing, and if it sends a second message, you could log out of Facebook on your phone and log back in or something. You're the first person I've heard of this happening to, and I still find it suspicious. I'm positive something else, besides low signal, is causing this. Maybe a Facebook app you've given permission to?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    984 Global Posts

Default Re: BB Z10 facebook problem

Just make sure you send messages on strong Wifi or cell till this bug is fixed. Glad you got it working for you.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

my signal isn't bad and even when I was offline it was still sending but its ok for now that i re installed the facebook app, lets just hope it don't happen again
    CrackBerry Newbie

Exact same thing is happening to me right now - didnt think I was in a bad service zone either - been sending messages out since around 2pm.
    CrackBerry User

i am not having that issue... but i am DISAPPOINTED i cant Share posts ..... GRRR
    akavbb likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    124 Global Posts

Call me crazy, and i think i am a pretty advanced as a BB user. But for the life of me i can not find a way to uninstall FB. In BB World, FB is showing installed (but it is greyed out) and i do not see any way to uninstall. Is it just me, or do I need to look somewhere else.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    124 Global Posts

bump! Bump to top!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,435 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask and we'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by JemmyJem92 View Post
    Hey all,

thank you
    I had the same problem the 4th day after I got the phone but with one email.
    It was sent 26 times.

Since then no problems.... (I hope)...
    There are 10 types of people; those who understand binary, and those who don't...
    CrackBerry Abuser

I have this same problem right now, which I noticed today.. I sent my gf a Facebook message while in the Hub of the Z10, and every half hour or so, it keeps posting to Facebook, over and over and over again.. I tried to restart the phone, pulled the battery, but as soon as the phone boots up, it sends the same message again.. It has nothing to do with signal strength, as I am on a strong WiFi connection here.. There is a software bug somewhere , and glad someone else has the same problem.. Going to have to call Rimm today , and see if they can figure it out.