Hello everyone,

I did the update for the blackberry Z10 about a month ago and I really do like it.

I do however have one main issue with this update. Whenever I receive a phone call, and I swipe left to answer the call, the phone continues to ring even though I have swiped left to answer. There is a delay of about 5 seconds before it connects to the caller and sometimes I miss the call because the swipe delay runs exceeds the number of rings/ timeframe to accept the call.

I don't know why this is happening and its affecting communication with others.
    Is anyone else having this issue???
    03-16-15 10:17 AM
    If you load the latest OS 2558, this issue is fixed.
    Here are the files:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...links-1006171/
    03-16-15 10:22 AM
    I see a bunch of links with Z10 in them. Which ones am I supposed to download?
    03-16-15 10:33 AM
    Check in your settings for the exact model number.
    03-17-15 01:35 PM
    I was experiencing a full 7 Second delay between answering the call and hearing the person on the other end. A simple reboot fixed everything.
    Plus, it made every other operation faster/smoother as well.
    03-17-15 01:53 PM
    I have Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.2267 and have the same call delay. Reboot does not fix. Having vibrate off does not fix. I have a similar issue when placing a call, though the delay seems to be between pressing call and the call being placed.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 10:12 PM
    Hello,
    I'm not experiencing that particular problem.
    I updated to .2582 using autoloader and the only small problem I have is with Facebook pictures not showing when opening notification from the HUB.
    Regards

Z10 STL100-3/10.3.1.2582/CB10
    03-19-15 10:39 PM
    I was experiencing a full 7 Second delay between answering the call and hearing the person on the other end. A simple reboot fixed everything.
    Plus, it made every other operation faster/smoother as well.
    Temporary fix, lag comes back in few days. Even reloading the OS doesn't help.
    03-19-15 10:56 PM
    Temporary fix, lag comes back in few days. Even reloading the OS doesn't help.
    Mine hasnt had the same issue since the restart. All the contacts are synced with social media accounts too, working flawlessly.
    03-30-15 02:30 PM
    Also had this problem after updating to10.3, downloaded the latest .1779 update and it fixed both this and the volume delay.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 03:58 PM
    Hello ,

Can anyone help me out to solve the above issue. what exactly I have to d o resolve this.
    05-12-15 12:32 PM
    Hello ,

Can anyone help me out to solve the above issue. what exactly I have to d o resolve this.
    Why don't you try exactly what Jason Gallagher wrote just above your post.

Jeez!

Posted via CB10
    earljohnson likes this.
    05-12-15 02:14 PM
    Why don't you try exactly what Jason Gallagher wrote just above your post.

Jeez!
    In other words, download a "leak" and install it.

The official OTA OS is broken, and BlackBerry can't be bothered to fix this mess.

It is getting hard to defend BlackBerry, so many embarrassing errors.
    05-12-15 06:19 PM
    Anyone please let me know if using autoloaders has fixed this issue.
    Am having lot of issues but not sure if using autoloader will fix it, and it takes too much time for me to download autoloader.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 11:24 PM
    In other words, download a "leak" and install it.

The official OTA OS is broken, and BlackBerry can't be bothered to fix this mess.

It is getting hard to defend BlackBerry, so many embarrassing errors.
    Yeah.. BlackBerry seem to have forgotten about the ton of bugs bundled into 10.3.1.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 07:44 AM
    I have the same problem when I answer on my Z10

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 10:08 AM
    I've been seeing the same delay on my Z10 when answering calls, and also the volume change delays... I autoloaded an "official" release... Z10STL100-4/10.3.1.2744 rather than waiting for Verizon. There is also a strange delay when I hit a "favorite" contact on the phone screen before the call gets placed. Quite annoying.

Any insights? I'd rather stick with released versions than leaks... and I'd prefer not to go through another autoload and re-install everything again :-(

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 07:18 PM
    Anyone know if there is any RELEASED version that fixes this?

Also...is it for sure the OS, or perhaps some interaction with an app such as Power Tools or Parrot that run in the background and look at the phone activity...?

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 10:36 AM
    I should chime in again here, for one, my previous post detailing the update fixed my call answer and volume delay was an OFFICIAL pushed update via Rogers in Canada, not a leak.

Also, and most importantly, it didn't permanently fix the problem. Seems intermittent, sometimes it answers immediately with a swipe sometimes there's a few seconds lag. Exact same issue with volume keys, sometimes they're immediately responsive as they should be, other times there's serious lag and it stutters video (youtube for ex) if I'm watching one.

Very annoying and I feel all the 'complainers' pain.

If I had the time I'd wipe and reinstall but I can't be bothered, just want official updates to work as they should without serious annoyances like these are.

F blackberry

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 09:03 PM
    I must say I'm very surprised that the official releases are making it out the door with such blatant errors... especially with the call function! After all isn't this a smartPHONE?

I see:
    * lengthy delay on answering phone before I can hear caller, longer time before that can hear me!
    * difficulty ending calls, very slow and long delay before I can swipe the phone all to an active frame
    * long delay making a call from address book. Takes many seconds to even open the phone app!
    * terrible delays adjusting volume with side buttons.. almost unusable
    * Bad stuttering/flashing many times when opening up a text message in the hub. Settles down in 2-3 seconds but looks awful
    * frequent delays during the active frame expansion and shrinking animations. Like app frame freezes slightly midway in either direction.
    * sometimes an android app that is in an active frame pops up running fill screen for no reason. This never happened on 10.2.1

I'm also disappointed in the seeming lack of interest or at least acknowledgment from BlackBerry. Didn't the new management promise to be more "open"?

From what I hear there are no real solutions out there yet...?

Z10STL100-4/10.3.1.2744
    Via autoloader, from actual release.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-15 08:37 PM
    I'm running Telus .1865 and have most of these issues as well

I wind up doing a battery pull once or twice a day to keep things limping along

Frankly, it is pretty much a last straw for me and BlackBerry has nothing even remotely interesting on the horizon.. will be moving to a galaxy s6 or maybe iPhone 6 and throwing in the towel on stubbornly clinging to an increasingly niche device and OS.

I called Telus and reamed them out for pushing a POS update through their network that caused me so much grief.. at least they wrote my device balance to zero, which allows me to sign a new contract and pick up a new device (I had 8 months left on my original 3 year term for this z10).

Sorry BlackBerry, everyone has their limits and I have reached mine. Your story will be in business school texts for decades to come.. "you couldn't fu*k up a business this badly if you tried.. the RIM lesson"

Posted via CB10
    06-10-15 12:40 AM
    Hey everyone I was having this exact same problem until one day I had to perform an old fashion battery pull because one of my apps froze and my phone wasn't responding.

Anyway if I remember correctly I kept the battery out for a good 30 seconds. When I put it back in and started my phone everything worked like normal again. Then. Later in the day when I got a phone call I noticed it answered right away with no delay, it's been probably a month now I haven't experienced the issue again (knock on wood). So if you're still experiencing this issue try the good old battery pull method.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-15 06:15 AM
    Interesting! I had done a few two-button resets, and even a quick battery pull, to no effect. After reading this, I tried a full one minute batter pull... and so far it's looking good! Volume adjust if fine, and calls seem ok so far. Calling from contacts is still a lower that before 10.3 but much improved.

I will keep an eye on it and update..

Posted via CB10
    06-10-15 08:44 PM
    Update: almost a day later and volume working fine, phone answering quickly! Still a bit of hesitation in the active frame expansion a. Still saw extreme "flashing" when entering text messages in hub, but noticed that it seemed to be only on certain contact who had very long chat histories. Cleared those chats, and will see if that resolves it... could be some chat history corruption maybe.

This begs the question: if the hard reset is NOT the same as a 60 second battery pull, then what would a Z30 or passport user do if such problems surfaces? Should there not be a way to do a FULL reset equivalent to a battery pull? I thought the two-button reset was supposed to be that...

Posted via CB10
    06-11-15 01:12 PM
    Hello everyone,

I did the update for the blackberry Z10 about a month ago and I really do like it.

I do however have one main issue with this update. Whenever I receive a phone call, and I swipe left to answer the call, the phone continues to ring even though I have swiped left to answer. There is a delay of about 5 seconds before it connects to the caller and sometimes I miss the call because the swipe delay runs exceeds the number of rings/ timeframe to accept the call.

I don't know why this is happening and its affecting communication with others.
    Is anyone else having this issue???
    Why create a new thread when there are multiple posts on this already. The one below has at least three solutions to try, turn off screen reader beta, turn off assistant and change the "pause after dialing" setting to "wait for my response". The last one had a good response for most people that tried it.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...7/index10.html
    06-11-15 01:48 PM